JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 20 19:334th Mar 20 18:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The dreaded DR : Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:45 pm  
Faxlore,,you are totally correct, have the other jokers on here tried to push water uphill,well that is what it is like for the vast majority of championship clubs and some SL clubs also. Just lay back and enjoy it if you can,if not, get out of bed.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain132No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 20195 years292nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 23:5815th Apr 24 12:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The dreaded DR : Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:31 am  
Faxlore wrote:
I’m not a fan of DR but I have to agree with DNAfax. Last season Fev were not an outstanding squad but they used this system and nearly made it.
Glad to hear season ticket sales are up from this time last year
Up the Fax

Yes, and they get promoted and then what... who are Fev going to DR with next. That's the BS of DR. I am really saddened by the demise of the reserves. Sustainability is the only way forward. I am quite thankful that Fev never got promoted. Somehow DR would then have been legitimised and flying in the face off London who got there on long- term investment in their youth and building an excellent squad over the last 4-5 seasons.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9335
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years54th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 07:317th Apr 24 16:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: The dreaded DR : Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:49 am  
Faxlore wrote:
Sacking off the reserves! That is a very nasty and negative statement. Our club has had to make a difficult decision not to run a reserve team. All SL teams are being given thousands of pounds to help them run the reserves. The RFL accepted the Fax application but would not help to fund us. What are the board/meant to do ?
Do you have any concept how much money the club does or doesn’t have? Or even what they have to continue keep our club on a financial even keel.
Accept that the board, coaching staff, squad and all the supporter bodies and supporters do everything we/they can to keep our great club going. Sometimes you just have accepted that we are not the RL force we once were or wish to be. I love this club and accept we have ambition but it will, if ever, take a long long time. But I’m there every week. Up the Fax

It were more a figure of speech but yes that is what we have done, sacked off the reserves. It will not make any difference to my attandance during the season though even if I didn't agree with it. I even understand the reasons behind doing it, obviously a cost cutting measure and the chances of us getting players that could come through to the first team is very low with other teams now running a reserves as well. The trust did a vast amount of work to bring funds in to the club to fund the reserves and I am sure they will still help in bringing money in but if the club are banking on it been the same amount as they brought in before then its probably an error as a lot of people donated to them because it was going to the reserves. We have already seen people say on here that will now stop and who can blame them.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain29No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The dreaded DR : Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:29 am  
From what I hear Leeds and Fev will share a res. side, Fev will get a pick in the sweetie shop,Gary gets the dosh and meets the S L reserve criteria and we do nothing? To be competitive we need a deal with someone that helps us compete. I fully support the BOD decision on the reserves,I don't have to like it but we all have to be realistic.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4633
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201112 years104th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 21:5612th Apr 24 17:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: The dreaded DR : Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:54 am  
Fanfaxtic wrote:
From what I hear Leeds and Fev will share a res. side, Fev will get a pick in the sweetie shop,Gary gets the dosh and meets the S L reserve criteria and we do nothing? To be competitive we need a deal with someone that helps us compete. I fully support the BOD decision on the reserves,I don't have to like it but we all have to be realistic.

But surely by going down that path, Fax/Fev or any other championship club are furthering the day when they can truly be able to challenge for a place at the top table. The SL clubs must be collectively peeing theirselves at the short sightedness of it all. In effect we are doing their dirty work for them and saying how grateful we are to be part of it. There's none so blind as those that will not see.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain29No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The dreaded DR : Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:22 pm  
I understand your logic Hudd Shay but most clubs are in such a dire financial position it is the lesser of two evils. It's not the clubs fault that the RFL allow this to happen, it is in the RFL interest so as to preserve the clubs long term by allowing the DR swapshop to keep clubs afloat without contract costs.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4633
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201112 years104th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: The dreaded DR : Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:56 pm  
Fanfaxtic wrote:
I understand your logic Hudd Shay but most clubs are in such a dire financial position it is the lesser of two evils. It's not the clubs fault that the RFL allow this to happen, it is in the RFL interest so as to preserve the clubs long term by allowing the DR swapshop to keep clubs afloat without contract costs.

In which case then it is probably time for clubs below SL to break away and let the 'elite' play with theirselves 'lol'. Easier said than done of course but the way things are going some clubs are going to disappear altogether. New tv deals and sponsorships could be sought for what after all is a much more enjoyable brand of rugby than the stale five drives and a kick that SL has become. I'm sure the fans in SL would be delighted to watch Huddersfield v Wakefield 5/6 times a season and fork out for trips to Canada, France, Lebanon or wherever. As it stands the game is heading headlong into oblivion so the status quo to me is not an option. Up The Fax!
RankPostsTeam
International Star713
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 16 201014 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Mar 24 14:3621st Jun 23 15:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The dreaded DR : Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:18 pm  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
But surely by going down that path, Fax/Fev or any other championship club are furthering the day when they can truly be able to challenge for a place at the top table. The SL clubs must be collectively peeing theirselves at the short sightedness of it all. In effect we are doing their dirty work for them and saying how grateful we are to be part of it. There's none so blind as those that will not see.

Pete,

This isn’t true though is it? Fev got within 25 mins of beating Toronto in the GF and had been told that if we had won we would have been accepted into SL (whether this would have been good or bad for Fev we’ll never know). And as much as I dislike DR without it I doubt we would have made the top 5. Given the way that Fev use DR I have two choices either go watch Fev and accept all things DR or sack of something I enjoy doing supporting my club. I have chosen the former.

For me all the championship clubs should have told SL to go with DR when is was first muted, unfortunately some clubs used it from day one and therefore it became the norm which has meant that most (all) clubs have used it at some point. And now it is with us I can’t see it going away and therefore either accept it or walk away from the club I follow.

As for a breakaway this can’t happen until after at least the 2021 season because the TV deal that Sky have includes the championship, which means that we can’t sort our own TV deal out until that point in time. However there is one thing that a breakaway does mean, whether now or in 2022, and that is that all the clubs that breakaway will never have a chance to compete in the top division ever again going forwards.

Hope to see you in the new year for a beer at the very least.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4633
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201112 years104th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: The dreaded DR : Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:46 am  
FevGrinder wrote:
Pete,

This isn’t true though is it? Fev got within 25 mins of beating Toronto in the GF and had been told that if we had won we would have been accepted into SL (whether this would have been good or bad for Fev we’ll never know). And as much as I dislike DR without it I doubt we would have made the top 5. Given the way that Fev use DR I have two choices either go watch Fev and accept all things DR or sack of something I enjoy doing supporting my club. I have chosen the former.

For me all the championship clubs should have told SL to go with DR when is was first muted, unfortunately some clubs used it from day one and therefore it became the norm which has meant that most (all) clubs have used it at some point. And now it is with us I can’t see it going away and therefore either accept it or walk away from the club I follow.

As for a breakaway this can’t happen until after at least the 2021 season because the TV deal that Sky have includes the championship, which means that we can’t sort our own TV deal out until that point in time. However there is one thing that a breakaway does mean, whether now or in 2022, and that is that all the clubs that breakaway will never have a chance to compete in the top division ever again going forwards.

Hope to see you in the new year for a beer at the very least.

You will certainly see us for a beer or two Dave.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4914
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 19 200915 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Jan 24 13:226th Aug 23 09:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........

Re: The dreaded DR : Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:29 pm  
new rule from RFL.
squad numbers up to 21 players. if use one that is not on the list you lose an interchange as I read it.
is this a way to combat DR?
PreviousNext