Oct 26 201013 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:0925th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh away : Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:43 am  
SingaporeFax wrote:
People have every right to insult the club when it's justified. It's a results business and right now, for a lot of supporters, performance does not align with expectations (historically, that we are play- off club in this division). Expect sub- 1000 vs. London.

Where in the post is there a link with insults, the club and performance?
It was concerning the Fax, Huddersfield partnership and that the same things had been said over and over again and how that had played a part in the dwindling numbers on this forum who were sick of hearing it.
Where is the justification in insulting the club when what is being said about that partnership is simply not true?
RankPostsTeam
International Star483No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 27 201410 years261st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 00:2426th Mar 24 23:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
My Humble Opinion Only - let the knockers begin.

Part quote from The Beggars Littany by John Taylor circa 16C

From Hell,Hull and Halifax may the Good Lord deliver us.

Re: Leigh away : Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:21 am  
SingaporeFax, insult the club? That is tantamount to treason.
By all means have your say, articulate your point in a respectful way, but never disrespect the Blue n White !
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain129No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 20195 years279th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:5826th Mar 24 08:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh away : Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:41 am  
faxcar wrote:
Where in the post is there a link with insults, the club and performance?
It was concerning the Fax, Huddersfield partnership and that the same things had been said over and over again and how that had played a part in the dwindling numbers on this forum who were sick of hearing it.
Where is the justification in insulting the club when what is being said about that partnership is simply not true?

I understand why we use DR. Its a debilitating concept but I don't have any qualms for us to use it, as long as we don't become reliant on it. I completely agree that we aren't forced to take players and we are completely autonomous in that regard. Hahaha, I'm probably way too pessimistic for my own good. I can't understand some people though on this forum and elsewhere who have a blind faith of 'let's get behind them no matter what.' I'm sure some of you were there in 2003, as was I, when it was just ludicrous, week in week out getting obliterated. I could understand it then when we were so much worse in terms of players and as a club and all you could do as a supporter was to 'get behind em'. I can't accept that now. My main gripe and I understand that I should let go of it, but was hiring Grix in the first place. I can't get positive about it when we've gone from winning 2/3rds of our games over 4 seasons, to losing 2/3rds. I want him and the team to succeed, I've never once said I want the guy to fail but I can't accept that when variables like a.) Teams in our league haven't gotten significantly better than us, despite the league arguably getting more competitive b.) Our recruitment budget being that low that we can't put a winning team together c.) Inability to sort out the discipline issues.

Like you all probably have, me and my folks included, have put 100's of thousands into the club over the years. Just have many others who give up their time to volunteer and fundraise free of charge, but both are equally as valid to air their views. I take a bit of an offence that I am insulting the club, am being scornful or abusive. The fundamental aim is surely to put performances together and win more than we lose. We haven't done that for close to a year now. I am not privvy to the nuances and what's going on behind the scenes etc and perhaps there are things that are having an impact that I am not seeing. Off to watch some NRL!
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:0925th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh away : Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:23 pm  
SingaporeFax wrote:
I understand why we use DR. Its a debilitating concept but I don't have any qualms for us to use it, as long as we don't become reliant on it. I completely agree that we aren't forced to take players and we are completely autonomous in that regard. Hahaha, I'm probably way too pessimistic for my own good. I can't understand some people though on this forum and elsewhere who have a blind faith of 'let's get behind them no matter what.' I'm sure some of you were there in 2003, as was I, when it was just ludicrous, week in week out getting obliterated. I could understand it then when we were so much worse in terms of players and as a club and all you could do as a supporter was to 'get behind em'. I can't accept that now. My main gripe and I understand that I should let go of it, but was hiring Grix in the first place. I can't get positive about it when we've gone from winning 2/3rds of our games over 4 seasons, to losing 2/3rds. I want him and the team to succeed, I've never once said I want the guy to fail but I can't accept that when variables like a.) Teams in our league haven't gotten significantly better than us, despite the league arguably getting more competitive b.) Our recruitment budget being that low that we can't put a winning team together c.) Inability to sort out the discipline issues.

Like you all probably have, me and my folks included, have put 100's of thousands into the club over the years. Just have many others who give up their time to volunteer and fundraise free of charge, but both are equally as valid to air their views. I take a bit of an offence that I am insulting the club, am being scornful or abusive. The fundamental aim is surely to put performances together and win more than we lose. We haven't done that for close to a year now. I am not privvy to the nuances and what's going on behind the scenes etc and perhaps there are things that are having an impact that I am not seeing. Off to watch some NRL!

I never said you were insulting the club, question them yes and we all have a moan out of disappointment and frustration especially when we lose.

I was saying, to state Huddersfield are our masters and that Fax as a club would have to take players who they tell us to take when they say so and because they either haven't played lately or are coming back from injury we must play them as if Fax are some subservient entity is simply not true and that was insulting to the intelligence and integrity of everyone involved with the club IMHO.

It's a sustained attack which has been going on for years and was said about the former partnerships with HKR, Salford and Cas and the previous BoD and is being said about those involved now.

I challenged it because I was sick of the years of miss representation of the club and in support of the club.
I just can't comprehend any of this line of reasoning to be honest, I've made my point and will follow my own advise and not comment on it over and over again.

On a broader basis many wondered why SG had been appointed including myself, some were okay with it some weren't and posted that.
But he's here, for the moment at least, so are the current BoD and you either get behind them or you don't as I said before it's not them and us with some different agenda it's just us.

These people want just as much as any of us for the club to be successful, running a rugby league club at any level but especially at ours is a mugs game, with no chance of any return so their not in it for gain, when we lose and hurt they lose and hurt.
Truth is all the other clubs and their supporters want exactly the same and regardless of all the time, effort any money spent in a league based sport every slot from 1 to 14 will be occupied and more will be disappointed than satisfied.
Things go in phases, we've had a few good years at Champ level and now in a building phase at the moment so hard to say were we are so early in the season.

On performances as before I don't blame him for what some of the players are doing on game day, when I dropped the ball, missed a tackle or got penalized it was my fault.
Currently and more to the point this is based on what I am seeing them do on game day and what we are hearing coming out of the club in how they are being prepared by SG and the coaching staff for game day.

1.) We know a lot more time has been spent in preseason getting these lads up to fitness as compared to previous "we'll be ready in April" comments so we know a problem area has been identified and worked on.

2.)We hear from several new signings who know what the game is all about, Broughton, Carlile have said positive things about how the club is set up.
Tom Gilmore even admitted that he was surprised by the standard and intensity of the training regime and that is wasn't far below what he had encountered at Super League level so we know that the volume and quality of the preparation is in place.

If the prep is right but the performance isn't then it must be something else, sometimes ability, sometimes mental such as confidence etc, in any event SG has to work with the players, find what it is and fix it, can he do it?
It's not about blame but more about responsibility which will eventually lead to accountability as with all coach's, Lee Radford at Hull being the latest.

Edit: Apologies for another essay but I can't answer an in depth subject in a a few lines.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1029No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 14 201410 years147th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:4624th Mar 24 18:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh away : Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:59 am  
faxcar wrote:
I never said you were insulting the club, question them yes and we all have a moan out of disappointment and frustration especially when we lose.

I was saying, to state Huddersfield are our masters and that Fax as a club would have to take players who they tell us to take when they say so and because they either haven't played lately or are coming back from injury we must play them as if Fax are some subservient entity is simply not true and that was insulting to the intelligence and integrity of everyone involved with the club IMHO.

It's a sustained attack which has been going on for years and was said about the former partnerships with HKR, Salford and Cas and the previous BoD and is being said about those involved now.

I challenged it because I was sick of the years of miss representation of the club and in support of the club.
I just can't comprehend any of this line of reasoning to be honest, I've made my point and will follow my own advise and not comment on it over and over again.

On a broader basis many wondered why SG had been appointed including myself, some were okay with it some weren't and posted that.
But he's here, for the moment at least, so are the current BoD and you either get behind them or you don't as I said before it's not them and us with some different agenda it's just us.

These people want just as much as any of us for the club to be successful, running a rugby league club at any level but especially at ours is a mugs game, with no chance of any return so their not in it for gain, when we lose and hurt they lose and hurt.
Truth is all the other clubs and their supporters want exactly the same and regardless of all the time, effort any money spent in a league based sport every slot from 1 to 14 will be occupied and more will be disappointed than satisfied.
Things go in phases, we've had a few good years at Champ level and now in a building phase at the moment so hard to say were we are so early in the season.

On performances as before I don't blame him for what some of the players are doing on game day, when I dropped the ball, missed a tackle or got penalized it was my fault.
Currently and more to the point this is based on what I am seeing them do on game day and what we are hearing coming out of the club in how they are being prepared by SG and the coaching staff for game day.

1.) We know a lot more time has been spent in preseason getting these lads up to fitness as compared to previous "we'll be ready in April" comments so we know a problem area has been identified and worked on.

2.)We hear from several new signings who know what the game is all about, Broughton, Carlile have said positive things about how the club is set up.
Tom Gilmore even admitted that he was surprised by the standard and intensity of the training regime and that is wasn't far below what he had encountered at Super League level so we know that the volume and quality of the preparation is in place.

If the prep is right but the performance isn't then it must be something else, sometimes ability, sometimes mental such as confidence etc, in any event SG has to work with the players, find what it is and fix it, can he do it?
It's not about blame but more about responsibility which will eventually lead to accountability as with all coach's, Lee Radford at Hull being the latest.

Edit: Apologies for another essay but I can't answer an in depth subject in a a few lines.
:CLAP: :CLAP:
Previous