0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:16 am  
SingaporeFax wrote:
Moving forward, we need to drop the notion of land players for the season. I think it's a little naive of Grix to have them as part of the 17 at the start of the season. A loan to cover injuries here and there but when you lose 2 or 3 back to parent clubs, that has a destabilising effect. I think a lot of the reason why York has underwhelmed is that they have Mikey Lewis and Riley Dean in the halves! Neither of them is their player. No doubt next year though we will see a reversion back to that DR BS and a skewing of performances.

Good points. I do hope you're wrong about the DR rubbish though. :FRUSRATED:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain829
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 19 20159 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th May 24 15:4623rd May 24 08:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:51 am  
Still dont understand why other teams like york, fev, bradford are getting loan players in and we have not botherd to replace what we have lost.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1041No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 14 201410 years159th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th May 24 14:5120th May 24 12:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:11 am  
hooligan27 wrote:
Still dont understand why other teams like york, fev, bradford are getting loan players in and we have not botherd to replace what we have lost.

This is just a theory. Maybe the club know we will make the play offs but not necessarily get promoted. Therefore why get loan players in when we have young players who train week in and out and never get any game time. This is a perfect time to blood our younger inexperienced players. There has to come a time when these lads are given their chance over a few weeks even if that means losing some games. Getting loan players in would keep them out of the game day squad. As many of you know who have played at any level if you don’t get picked there comes a time when you say sod it I’ll go to another club or bin the sport off altogether.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4662
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201113 years104th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th May 24 22:3324th May 24 16:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:17 am  
Faxlore wrote:
This is just a theory. Maybe the club know we will make the play offs but not necessarily get promoted. Therefore why get loan players in when we have young players who train week in and out and never get any game time. This is a perfect time to blood our younger inexperienced players. There has to come a time when these lads are given their chance over a few weeks even if that means losing some games. Getting loan players in would keep them out of the game day squad. As many of you know who have played at any level if you don’t get picked there comes a time when you say sod it I’ll go to another club or bin the sport off altogether.

Makes sense.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2387
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 29 200815 years289th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th May 24 22:4212th Mar 24 17:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
On the Star Ship Andromeda Hope Lives Again !!

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:21 am  
SingaporeFax wrote:
Moving forward, we need to drop the notion of land players for the season. I think it's a little naive of Grix to have them as part of the 17 at the start of the season. A loan to cover injuries here and there but when you lose 2 or 3 back to parent clubs, that has a destabilising effect. I think a lot of the reason why York has underwhelmed is that they have Mikey Lewis and Riley Dean in the halves! Neither of them is their player. No doubt next year though we will see a reversion back to that DR BS and a skewing of performances.

Riley Dean has been on Loan at Dewsbury for the last 2 weeks
Dbvada 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain269No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20168 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 08:5413th May 24 08:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:26 am  
I have a suspicion that the last thing the BOD want is promotion this year.

if rumours are correct and next season will be the last with twelve teams in SL, it would mean that two teams (if no promotion) and three teams (if one club is promoted) would be relegated at the end of it. promotion this the year would make avoiding relegation even harder and cause major financial drain as next year in SL as
- that the cost of securing players to avoid relegation will be even higher - and goodness knows where they would come from.
- on field performances would not be good with the probate team that could be built and this will inevitably result in reduce attendances - and less cash through the gates
- limited additional SL income to sustain these costs, as TV money reducing.
- clubs like Fax who have taken loans from government schema will need to start to pay them back, causing drain on cash flow.

Even without a reduction in SL, as we have seen it is very hard securing the right players when promoted, and the cash issues will continue.

It's common sense that either way a consequence of promotion is the team would be exposed to severe financial pressures, without a strong cash reserve or a backer. If even Wigan are now making a substantial loss its very very tough

Whilst its hard to admit, with crowds around a 1000, no investor the Club will not return to the top table soon....if ever.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years112th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th May 24 16:2324th May 24 15:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:25 pm  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
I don't know any more than you. I presume a lack of money man is the root of all evil. :HAND:

I know what i am about to say would not solve all of the money issues but if we did get promoted we would get more money from sky. Also just a guess our crowds would go up to what extent i don't know but surely they would. And then there is sponsorship would we not be able to get more money through sponsorship if we were in super duper league. I know we would still need other sources of income but it feels like we are peeing into the wind at the moment and a real crack at super league as got to be better then this.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years112th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:44 pm  
Ilkley Fax wrote:
I'm fairly sure the board would much prefer us to not be promoted - they provided the finance originally for a competitive squad, albeit too small to be consistently good all season when inevitable injuries kicked in. In my view ridiculous to blame Grix for not replacing the 3 quality players we've lost - if the board had made funding available I'm sure he would have looked to bring players in. For those clamouring for promotion how many of the current squad do you think could make the step up to superleague - again only my opinion but with the possible exception of J W H if he could refind his early season form not one. If the board cant/won't replace the 3 players who could potentially have played superleague there's no way they could finance an entire new more expensive squad.. This does not mean I never want to see Fax in superleague again - but only when we have the finance either from wealthy backer or dramatically increased support to mean we have a chance of being competitive.

The only reason i said grix was to blame for not replacing the players we have lost is. when springer left he said that we should have a replacement for him in the next few weeks and it doesn't look like there will be one which in my eyes weakens the side for the run in. surely we should of kept him while the end of the season and then get rid if thats what simon wants. It is simons job to put out as strong a side as possible to give us the best chance of success and this decision as done the opposite. While hoping and waiting for hewitt and bourouh to be made available again he should of looked elsewhere just in case they don't come back so to not leave us short which is were we are. So for me he made those decision not the board.
RankPostsTeam
International Star713
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 16 201014 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd May 24 20:5721st Jun 23 15:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:21 pm  
terry silver wrote:
The only reason i said grix was to blame for not replacing the players we have lost is. when springer left he said that we should have a replacement for him in the next few weeks and it doesn't look like there will be one which in my eyes weakens the side for the run in. surely we should of kept him while the end of the season and then get rid if thats what simon wants. It is simons job to put out as strong a side as possible to give us the best chance of success and this decision as done the opposite. While hoping and waiting for hewitt and bourouh to be made available again he should of looked elsewhere just in case they don't come back so to not leave us short which is were we are. So for me he made those decision not the board.

Terry,

I normally try and leave internal club discussions alone, but how do you know that the Fax board haven't said to SG that you need to save £xxxx off the wage bill this year to allow us to balance the books, which then resulted in Springer leaving and SG looking to get one or more loan players in to cover the gap? It would not be unreasonable that SG had got loan players lined up to come in only to find that their club(s) give back word at the last minute due to a Covid outbreak, etc.

From an outsiders perspective I think all in all SG has done well managing the Fax squad this year.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years112th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes. : Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:46 pm  
FevGrinder wrote:
Terry,

I normally try and leave internal club discussions alone, but how do you know that the Fax board haven't said to SG that you need to save £xxxx off the wage bill this year to allow us to balance the books, which then resulted in Springer leaving and SG looking to get one or more loan players in to cover the gap? It would not be unreasonable that SG had got loan players lined up to come in only to find that their club(s) give back word at the last minute due to a Covid outbreak, etc.

From an outsiders perspective I think all in all SG has done well managing the Fax squad this year.

Hello fevgrinder i have got my ticket for next week and even thou i think we could be on the end of a good hiding i am looking forward to the match next week. As for the points you make you could well be right i don't know if that is what the board have done if they have i will hold my hands up and say i got it wrong. But why would they sign the players mentioned and then within months force simon to get rid of them and tell him he cant replace them. And it is not just springer its brearley/ hewitt/ bourouh too surely we could of replaced at least one them by not doing so it as weekend the side and looks like wasting a good opportunity to finish the season as strongly as possible.
PreviousNext