JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jun 24 08:192nd Jun 24 18:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:03 pm  
Forgot to mention as well the total mess we made of the Bradford drop out in the last second. We should have at least had a free pop at a long range drop goal on the hooter but instead we couldn't even deal with the drop out much like we didn't deal with the kick offs.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player715No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years111th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th May 24 15:5127th May 24 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:48 pm  
That game for me pretty much summed up our league form so far this season. The first 25 minutes we couldn't get out of our own half due to mistakes and penalties and our line speed was terrible we let Bradford come at us and pretty much sat back and took it. After a couple of penalties we managed to get up field and scored fairly quickly and that got us into the game better late than never. After that it swung one way and another and we got to the final 2 minutes 2 points ahead with a set of six on their line and we looked completely clueless how to see that game out and we all know what happened next. I lost count in the second half how many times walmsley was in space near there line and nobody had the vision to get the ball to him how people can see Wood as the answer while Keyes is out i do not know he can do a basic job but no more than that but it would be unfair from me to lay the blame on him for all our shortcomings. Going forward for me there looks something deep seated wrong with our overall play this season we can not keep going from game to game having the same issues something has to change and quick. The board i think back Grix so i do not see him leaving as a answer to these problems that leaves the players and there was rumours yesterday that more will be leaving in the near future but if these changes do happen and the performances do not improve then surely they have to look at the coach as the problem.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9378
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:10 pm  
terry silver wrote:
That game for me pretty much summed up our league form so far this season. The first 25 minutes we couldn't get out of our own half due to mistakes and penalties and our line speed was terrible we let Bradford come at us and pretty much sat back and took it. After a couple of penalties we managed to get up field and scored fairly quickly and that got us into the game better late than never. After that it swung one way and another and we got to the final 2 minutes 2 points ahead with a set of six on their line and we looked completely clueless how to see that game out and we all know what happened next. I lost count in the second half how many times walmsley was in space near there line and nobody had the vision to get the ball to him how people can see Wood as the answer while Keyes is out i do not know he can do a basic job but no more than that but it would be unfair from me to lay the blame on him for all our shortcomings. Going forward for me there looks something deep seated wrong with our overall play this season we can not keep going from game to game having the same issues something has to change and quick. The board i think back Grix so i do not see him leaving as a answer to these problems that leaves the players and there was rumours yesterday that more will be leaving in the near future but if these changes do happen and the performances do not improve then surely they have to look at the coach as the problem.

With the 2 that are rumored to be leaving it has to mean major questions about our recruitment policy process.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player401No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 19 20204 years135th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jun 24 14:262nd Jun 24 14:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:37 pm  
Who's supposed to be leaving - I wouldn't be surprised at Doro and Maizen as unless currently injured they are 2 quality players who are not getting a look in. I have been one of Grix's staunchest supporters and still feel he's a good coach - but when you add King and Maher into the mix even I have to acknowledge that this seasons recruitment has been a bit of a disaster.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9378
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:33 pm  
Ilkley Fax wrote:
Who's supposed to be leaving - I wouldn't be surprised at Doro and Maizen as unless currently injured they are 2 quality players who are not getting a look in. I have been one of Grix's staunchest supporters and still feel he's a good coach - but when you add King and Maher into the mix even I have to acknowledge that this seasons recruitment has been a bit of a disaster.

Heard Doro and Pickersgill yesterday at the game but I would assume Pickersgill would just be a loan to get some playing time, no way we would release him after bringing him in that would be bonkers.

Just seen on the Bulls forum the crowd was given as just over 4700. It didn't even feel like there were 2k there.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player401No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 19 20204 years135th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jun 24 14:262nd Jun 24 14:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:04 pm  
There are rumours JWH to Cas next season which would explain Pickersgill signing. I would be very disappointed if Doro does go as every game he's played he looks to put everything into it and had seemed almost a like for like replacement for Gwaze.No point in staying if not going to get picked - while we do have some good forwards currently in the team a fair number are to put it politely not getting any younger.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator2563No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200321 years279th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th May 24 07:5130th May 24 07:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club".

//www.FaxFans.co.uk
//www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk

Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:16 pm  
Foster was one of our best players against Wakey in pre-season, hasn't even got a look in. And why Cole Oakley is sticking around I have no idea, either he is good enough or he isn't, should know by now.
MP 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2098No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years283rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jun 24 13:416th May 24 19:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:01 am  
I’d give Grix till the end of the season. I just don’t feel we’ve pushed on since the surprising defeat to York in the Playoffs last year. At the moment the club seem to be backing him with players though.

Grix has no control over the players making mistakes and errors and they definitely aren’t doing it on purpose. But the Doro, King and Pickersgill scenarios leave a lot to be desired.

The only thing I can think about McComb been on the bench on Sunday was in case Wood had a bit of a mare. It would have given him the option to get McComb on and Salty to FB and JWH into the halves.

Also throw into the mix the departures of both Scott and Liam, Simon has now got full control over everything with potentially very little input from Anthony Irvine. Would be happy for the club to offer Leon Pryce a short term job as another assistant till the end of the year should Grix be open to it. Saying that Grix is stubborn and probably wouldn’t want Pryce been lined up as a potential successor to him.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6370
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years159th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jun 24 10:112nd Jun 24 09:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Signature
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:16 am  
Steam was still coming out of my ears following Pickersgill's non playing substitute at Toulouse, when yet again we had the baffling decision to put McComb on the bench last Sunday. I'm sure 99.99% (if not 100%) of fans would say Doro on the bench would have made much more impact, quite obvious imo, except the man who picks the team. So it's a fair question, why?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain140No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 20195 years296th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jun 24 22:5220th May 24 13:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Bradford vs Halifax : Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:42 am  
There hasn't been much said on Doro but wasn't he injured from the Saints game? I am quite sure that if the club wanted to shift him on, this would have happened by now as I think he would have plenty of suitors that would take him, even on loan. You can see by the way he plays he is very raw but I can't see a superleague side coming in for him, even though I think he suggested that as much that Fax was more of a stopgap until he could get back into superleague. Crooks signing might suggest that Maizen might is on the outer. He clearly isn't a centre but unlikely to shift Walmsley and Saltonstall. You have to think that Walmsley will get picked up at the end of the season so Maizen is a ready made replacement. Fairbank should be back Sunday so can stop with the larroyer experiment @ loose.
PreviousNext