FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Batley @ Wembley.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9352
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 11:1011th May 24 11:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:32 am  
faxcar wrote:
Craig Lingard was asked about the possibility of Keyes playing which he acknowledged and linked his absence to the problems Fax had been having in that area, but what does he know. :lol:

Many of us apparently overrate Keyes anyway in spite of the fact he was both players player and supporters player of the year in 2022 with the top tackler of the year being Brandon Moore despite his apparent lack of size:!:

Who on here overrates/underrates Keyes? I don't think anyone has even said that losing Keyes didn't disrupt the team but what people have said is that we were not playing great before he got injured, he himself was not in great form, and him coming back won't be a magic solve everything fix. If you want to twist that in to everyone says that Keyes is rubbish then feel free but people are going to disagree.

As for Moore like has been said he has been a great player for us but the last couple of seasons we have seen a drop off in his performance. I know you made a big deal about him making 50 tackles a game, any decent hooker given minutes on the pitch will do that, they are in the middle of the park and they are most of the time the most mobile forward so its not exactly rocket science that they are going to make at least 1 or 2 tackles per set. What has always let Moore down, and there have been a lot of posts on this, is his distribution and you can see a big difference when Inman and AOB are on the field. I also don't think Grix using him like a mule to have him on the pitch for those extra minutes in the back row has helped Moore at all and to me he looks a shadow of his former self and looks worn down.

Could probably add more to the Moore thing because of the Inman and AOB dilema that Grix must have not to mention Moore been the captain. Its pretty obvious to anyone that Fairbank is our leader so the Moore choice was a little strange but just because a player isn't the most vocal on the team does not mean he can't be a good captain. The great thing that Inman offers is that when he is on we can move the ball so quick but then you do lose a tackler in the middle of the field and I agree with faxcar in that when our middles have been soft we really can't afford a weak tackler on the field in the middle. Then you have AOB who is an 80 minute hooker and on a different level to either of the other two and you can see when he is not on the field the whole team performance drops.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4261
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 22:1211th May 24 19:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:43 am  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Keyes has been/is a great player and one that Fax can rebuild the team around over the next few years. Moore has been fantastic for fax, but with Tom Inman here i don't know where that leaves Brandon. If he does stay the first thing I would do is take the captain's armband away from him. He's not been the same player since he became the leader and might just have a new lease of life without that responsibility.

Looking at the facts Joe’s ability and value to the team can’t be seriously questioned.

The concern is his history with injuries, several commentators all said they were surprised for the most part he avoided them last season.

Building a team around him when he’s the organiser and having a large part in your plays when he’s missing from the spine has a big impact as can be seen at every level when other teams halves are out but how can a part time team with no reserves keep 3 decent half backs happy and playing when there all fit?

It’s still an if whether O’Brien stays but if he does and is fit then that leaves both Brandon and Tom to fight it out and since Adam’s arrival Moore has upped his game.

The point I was making, if it’s Brandon who becomes third choice it won’t be because of either a weakness in goal line defence or anywhere else on the pitch, there are plenty of valid arguments for Tom without having to make one up.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6344
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years158th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 11:3910th May 24 09:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Signature
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:51 am  
I think Keyes is an excellent player, I've never slagged him off, but I do think his absence is being over exaggerated. We appeared to cope without him against fev, for example.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4261
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:29 pm  
[quote="Greg Florimos Boots"]Who on here overrates/underrates Keyes? I don't think anyone has even said that losing Keyes didn't disrupt the team but what people have said is that we were not playing great before he got injured, he himself was not in great form, and him coming back won't be a magic solve everything fix. If you want to twist that in to everyone says that Keyes is rubbish then feel free but people are going to disagree.

Really :oops:
Tony Fax wrote:
Regarding Keyes, he had a blinder in the last league game against Whitehaven before his injury, but before that he was struggling with form which seemed to affect his goal kicking. I think some are getting carried away with how good he is and how much we miss him. Our form has been equally shaky with and without him.

GFB wrote:
A lot of people seem to believe our poor form was down to Keyes getting injured but like TF says, our form was poor even when he was playing. Keyes coming back won't be a solve all but the last 3 performances have been encouraging although some cynics would say we are playing with a lot more freedom since Grix announced his departure.

"I think some people are getting carried away with how good he is."

Is that not the same as saying some people are overrating him and he's not that good which you liked and agreed with?

"A lot of people seem to believe our poor form was down to Keyes getting injured but like TF says, our form was poor even when he was playing."

No they don't, rather.
A lot of people believe our poor form (in part) was down to Keyes being below par at the start of the season and then getting injured just as he started to show some form, never a mention of any magic formula, it's just another line of yours appearing as if by magic.

Even the game against Whitehaven mentioned, when Keyes had a "blinder" in general shows that when he plays well Fax play well and the games before that, when doesn't play well then Fax don't either , that's what some people were thinking.

It has nothing to do with your invented line about Keyes being rubbish and totally contradicts your own line of reasoning, the more you say the more it shows how little you know of what's been said or what's actually going on, on here or at the club.

Then comes the mandatory 3 year long obsessional dig at Grix with the ludicrous remark that the last 3 performances are down to "freedom to play" because Grix is leaving." :CRAZY:

One post you say that then in another just after you agree that we are one of the most exciting attacking teams in the division, so which is it today then, feel free to twist it to suit. :lol:

Either way, the fact is Grix throughout his tenure at the club has been the one to promote "playing with freedom" and often says where not doing it enough.

That's the DNA part of the club "which he started" that the club want to continue with the new incoming coach and why Liam Finn is a favourite to come in.

After all the hard work over the last year with the new BoD coming in, IMG taking over and in building for the future of the modern game between them and Grix it's like they've been putting the foundations in and a few walls up but they don't want to have to pull it all down and start again :!:

Finn knows more about this than any other candidate and can come in and take it forward without going backwards whilst being allowed to use his own methods.
Now that's a good :IDEA:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9352
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:53 pm  
faxcar wrote:
A lot......

Sorry that was a very difficult read, so the point you were trying to make is probably lost in there somewhere. Am I right?I'm......(Sorry Tony) :D

Good news though both Keyes and Sutcliffe included so what we think? Does either or both play and who misses out? If keyes plays then one of Jouffret, JWH, Pickersgill, or Moore misses out. If Sutcliffe plays then you would think one of Larroyer or McComb misses out. We are looking pretty close to full strength for this game and the business end so Grix has some big decisions to make.

Edit: Im presuming that Dan Fleming will also miss out. His reduced playing time Sunday was a little suspicious.
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player152No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 28 20231 year209th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 08:229th May 24 15:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:09 pm  
I don't think either will play until next week but being around the group will be beneficial.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4261
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:15 pm  
[quote="Greg Florimos Boots" wrote: Very little of any consequence.
Sorry that was a very difficult read, so the point you were trying to make is probably lost in there somewhere. Am I right?I'm......(Sorry Tony) :D

Yes, it just proves that you like to type a lot of contradictions, have trouble reading, a bad memory and most factual points are lost on you. :lol:

“Good news though both Keyes and Sutcliffe included so what we think? Does either or both play and who misses out? If keyes plays then one of Jouffret, JWH, Pickersgill, or Moore misses out. If Sutcliffe plays then you would think one of Larroyer or McComb misses out. We are looking pretty close to full strength for this game and the business end so Grix has some big decisions to make.[/quote]”

Sorry, can't give a reasoned response, I think I'm being taken over and possessed.

Help, aggggghh I am.

So Keyes not to play ( as he's overrated ) Pickersgill likewise ( as I don't know why we signed him ) and Moore ( as they won't allow mules on the pitch ).
Icing on the cake, Grix to stay at home and Liam Finn to lead the team out. :wink:
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player152No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 28 20231 year209th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:03 pm  
[quote="Bubba"]Unfortunately I was away on holiday this year when Town got there. Had we not have got there 6 or so years earlier then Id have cancelled the holiday.

There is an element of the result not really mattering. Just getting there is a huge prize in itself; to see YOUR club play under the arch. But obviously coming away with the cup adds a massive bonus on top. To all those going to Wembely, enjoy it. It will be a special day.[/quoteI

I felt that way in 2016/23 Gav,but it all changes when the game gets underway-particularly at 1-0 with 10 mins left...i'm primed to winning at Wembley now,so hope there's no disappointment come Saturday.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9352
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:09 am  
1 More sleep........Team selection has been made........
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player152No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 28 20231 year209th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Batley @ Wembley. : Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:15 am  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
1 More sleep........Team selection has been made........

Spill..
PreviousNext