JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200915 years198th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 01:0116th May 24 17:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

batleyrhino wrote:
Any clues who? Out of a squad not good enough to make the middle 8's who is really worth signing?

wasnt there a rumour about Alex Mellor earlier this off season? and im guessing O'Brien might be the other one
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jul 18 14:4224th Mar 17 13:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

batleyrhino wrote:
Any clues who? Out of a squad not good enough to make the middle 8's who is really worth signing?

Shame about the Bulls, it used to be good on Derby days, but such consistent poor management made this inevitable really. Feel sorry for those with emotional investments in the club but not those with financial ones.

An over-simplistic viewpoint but one which fits a simplistic neoliberal outlook which inevitably applies to everything which fails, or is allowed to fail (apart from banks of course).

A more rounded view would take into account the myriad of external influences within the game who were intent upon giving the club a good kicking when it was already down.
D4mo78 
RankPostsTeam
International Star798
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 02 201212 years213th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th May 24 08:4813th Apr 24 08:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

It's a sad situation for so many people. The ones I feel for the most are players and staff who find themselves in a predicament none of us would want to be in. I hope the RFL is working behind the scenes to help these people in some way
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 05 20159 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Oct 21 09:4318th Oct 21 12:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A very sad day for the fans and all those relying on the club for an income. I'm sure Bradford Northern Bulls or similar will return, albeit it will be tough short term. The fact that one of only four teams to have won SL have gone is a reflection of the lack of money in RL.

Perhaps a reminder of what a good job GH and Caddick have done in the round.

Whilst I don't fully subscribe to BIlly Eve's views on decline, IMO there is a strong grain of reality in it.

In the close season, there have been virtually no positive news items in BBC sport RL webpages. If you look today 10/15 are negative including bulls into liquidation, sandow being charged with public nuisance ( this is a man who no longer actually plays the game), England cancel pre-season camp in Dubai, Diamond says Cas fired solomona, paralysed player sends legal letter to NRL, Sheffield Eagles to play home games at Wakefield, multiple players walking out of clubs to return down under.

The positive stories are relatively weak, one is Leeds signing Parcell. This of course was only due to numerous negative reports on segeyaro. The game needs to get some media management and create some interest desperately to replace some of this. For example, what Cuthbo did recently for kids in hospital should not just be on Leeds rhinos site but rammed down bbc's and papers throats. He is a likeable, charismatic guy and should be a marketeer's dream, big tough guy looks like a teddy bear with heart of gold, women's magazines should be lapping it up never mind just RL. Also Stevie Ward's magazine work should be great news , what other sportsman can you think of doing such a thing and acknowledging Mental health issues - the guy is good looking, intelligent, another marketeer's dream. I'm sure there must be great stories you could get at saints, wire and the others but it needs effort.

End of rant. On a separate point, Would hope that Adrian Morley and Plume are looking at Bradford youngsters that are available. I would be chasing young Scurr from Stanningley (if still at Bradford , I am a bit out of touch).
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10677No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 27 200618 years173rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 14:0831st May 24 11:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Neruda wrote:
wasnt there a rumour about Alex Mellor earlier this off season? and im guessing O'Brien might be the other one

These are the two I can see coming in. I personally would be happy with both as they have more potential. I also wouldn't have minded Keyes.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2531No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 22 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th May 22 12:5427th May 22 12:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

William Eve wrote:
Bradford's debts were less than six weeks of Wayne Rooney's salary.

Or 3 hours of a Chinese Super League salary.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 12 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Feb 21 21:5628th Jul 19 00:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Signature
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014

Mark Laurie wrote:
A very sad day for the fans and all those relying on the club for an income. I'm sure Bradford Northern Bulls or similar will return, albeit it will be tough short term. The fact that one of only four teams to have won SL have gone is a reflection of the lack of money in RL.

Perhaps a reminder of what a good job GH and Caddick have done in the round.

Whilst I don't fully subscribe to BIlly Eve's views on decline, IMO there is a strong grain of reality in it.

In the close season, there have been virtually no positive news items in BBC sport RL webpages. If you look today 10/15 are negative including bulls into liquidation, sandow being charged with public nuisance ( this is a man who no longer actually plays the game), England cancel pre-season camp in Dubai, Diamond says Cas fired solomona, paralysed player sends legal letter to NRL, Sheffield Eagles to play home games at Wakefield, multiple players walking out of clubs to return down under.

The positive stories are relatively weak, one is Leeds signing Parcell. This of course was only due to numerous negative reports on segeyaro. The game needs to get some media management and create some interest desperately to replace some of this. For example, what Cuthbo did recently for kids in hospital should not just be on Leeds rhinos site but rammed down bbc's and papers throats. He is a likeable, charismatic guy and should be a marketeer's dream, big tough guy looks like a teddy bear with heart of gold, women's magazines should be lapping it up never mind just RL. Also Stevie Ward's magazine work should be great news , what other sportsman can you think of doing such a thing and acknowledging Mental health issues - the guy is good looking, intelligent, another marketeer's dream. I'm sure there must be great stories you could get at saints, wire and the others but it needs effort.

Realistically that holds true for all sports in that media go heavy on negative/critical stories and do little on positive stories.

Should also note that in cricket Durham needed the ECB to step and save them from going bust and in RU London Welsh have entered liquidation also. Football is littered with clubs getting into serious financial trouble and dropping down divisions, well known particularly in this city with Leeds United.
DHM 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8893
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 200618 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 24 09:0818th Apr 24 14:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"

William Eve wrote:
Bradford's debts were less than six weeks of Wayne Rooney's salary.

Don't. The transfer window is open again. We'll see agents pocketing enough commission to finance RL for a decade over the next couple of weeks.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 05 20159 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Oct 21 09:4318th Oct 21 12:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

ThePrinter wrote:
Realistically that holds true for all sports in that media go heavy on negative/critical stories and do little on positive stories.

Should also note that in cricket Durham needed the ECB to step and save them from going bust and in RU London Welsh have entered liquidation also. Football is littered with clubs getting into serious financial trouble and dropping down divisions, well known particularly in this city with Leeds United.

Fair points but at times in winter entire weeks go by with the same lead story on BBC. The negative ones will fill more gaps unless somebody can push positive ones in. I wonder if anybody is trying to do this. Surely Cuthbo spreads Christmas cheer would be an easy story for the BBC, if someone at RL HQ wrote it for them. I reckon we need somebody banging a big drum.
PreviousNext