WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stadium Redevelopment

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Stadium Redevelopment

Re: Stadium Redevelopment Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:54 pm  

Homer Simpson User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

lionarmour87 wrote:
That street The Turnways I think it is is part of the architectural heritage of Headingley .You watch all local conservationists come i. With objections if the stadium encroaches onto the street . Although a good Architect could make it look acceptable

You may find that at least 2 of those homes behind the West Stand part of the ground are now rentals owned possibly by someone called Caddick or Hetherington

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/45689758?search_identifier=92cef76c11eb1dbd4e280653a8445c66
It's Official - "Homer Simpson is a Leeds Fan"
Re: Stadium Redevelopment Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:37 pm  

lionarmour87 wrote:
lionarmour87 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Homer Simpson wrote:
You may find that at least 2 of those homes behind the West Stand part of the ground are now rentals owned possibly by someone called Caddick or Hetherington

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/45689758?search_identifier=92cef76c11eb1dbd4e280653a8445c66

Planning permission is the obstical though
Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK
Re: Stadium Redevelopment Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:19 am  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Homer Simpson wrote:

Does the land registry support that assertion?
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: Stadium Redevelopment Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:29 am  

User avatarbramleyrhino wrote:
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Does the land registry support that assertion?

Someone on the TRL forums reckons to have checked the Land Registry for properties on The Turnings and claims that there is no obvious link to Caddick or the club.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Re: Stadium Redevelopment Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 am  

lionarmour87 wrote:
Silver RLFANS Member

bramleyrhino wrote:
Someone on the TRL forums reckons to have checked the Land Registry for properties on The Turnings and claims that there is no obvious link to Caddick or the club.

Yes. He seems to have quite a grasp on the stadium redevelopment

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK
Re: Stadium Redevelopment Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:44 am  

User avatarClearwing wrote:
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

No economic impetus for development of the west terrace as far as I can see. Selling the current covered capacity will be a challenge while each and every one of those house owners can effectively hold the club to ransom. Don't think there's a cat in hell's chance of it happening tbh.
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell
Re: Stadium Redevelopment Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:57 am  
Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Nearest you would get is a smaller "cantilever" type stand, even then, when you factor in cost,actual gain and inconvenience to the rest of the stadium while being built.

Other than that it is possible to add a "temporary" style roof a la Harlequins at the stoop but that's like putting a sticking plaster on leg break. ATEOTD people just love a moan, we have open terracing in many of the away ends we have been to and if Im really honest, they just add a little something to an away day. The "Thunder n lightning" game at Cas, peeing it down stood with about 20 other nutters was an absolute highlight of mine watching Leeds.
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND.

IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT.

SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado & expert stair inspector.
Re: Stadium Redevelopment Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 am  
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino wrote:
Nearest you would get is a smaller "cantilever" type stand, even then, when you factor in cost,actual gain and inconvenience to the rest of the stadium while being built.

Other than that it is possible to add a "temporary" style roof a la Harlequins at the stoop but that's like putting a sticking plaster on leg break. ATEOTD people just love a moan, we have open terracing in many of the away ends we have been to and if Im really honest, they just add a little something to an away day. The "Thunder n lightning" game at Cas, peeing it down stood with about 20 other nutters was an absolute highlight of mine watching Leeds.

as you and others say, very little point in doing anything with western terrace unless a fulls scale redevelopment mirroring the south stand or Carnegie stand is possible. it only occasionally rains on match days and depending were you stand sit in the other stands you do get wet in those as well. Croke Park Dublin Europe 3rd biggest stadium, still has an open uncovered terrace at one end and they don't seem to mind.
Re: Stadium Redevelopment Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:52 am  

lionarmour87 wrote:
Silver RLFANS Member

Look at all those NFL stadiums have massive open areas . This criticism of the western terrace from fans of othe clubs is out of jealousy

JAMIE PEACOCK
Re: Stadium Redevelopment Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:28 am  

User avatarbramleyrhino wrote:
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

lionarmour87 wrote:
Look at all those NFL stadiums have massive open areas . This criticism of the western terrace from fans of othe clubs is out of jealousy

Indeed. I almost drowned at (the $1bn) MetLife Stadium a few years ago.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
PreviousNext