WWW.RLFANS.COM
https://retro.rlfans.com/

Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2
https://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=602879
Page 2 of 710

Author:  loiner81 [ Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

tad rhino wrote:both were freebies, only wages to pay. and both were desperate for a club


Burgess wouldn't have been.

So how much would Widdop cost then? That's if he'd even consider Leeds after the appalling way Segeyaro's been treated of course...

Author:  tad rhino [ Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

but they didn't get burgess? were they really in for him?

Author:  William Eve [ Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

tad rhino wrote:but they didn't get burgess? were they really in for him?

Leeds have a very close relationship with South Sydney which is of mutual benefit to both clubs.

Author:  ThePrinter [ Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

tad rhino wrote:but they didn't get burgess? were they really in for him?


I think it was a case of whether Souths could fit him in their cap for 2016. If they couldn't we might've gotten 1 season out of him but no more.

Author:  loiner81 [ Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

tad rhino wrote:but they didn't get burgess? were they really in for him?


No idea, some people on here said we were so it must be true.
Also all over the media and didn't Hetherington say we were?

Author:  tad rhino [ Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Hetherington said we weren't after Briscoe until he signed. he says its raining I look outside

Author:  TheSnowmonkey [ Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

loiner81 wrote:No idea, some people on here said we were so it must be true.
Also all over the media and didn't Hetherington say we were?



Was true ..well if beeb is reliable

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/34713171

Mind don't believe GH would have gone for him even if available...Koukash was also interested so more likely to wind him up.

Author:  Gotcha [ Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

They thought we had Burgess signed, hence why we pulled out of Westerman and Clarke deals. Burgess was a lot of money. Burgess obviously only wanted Aus return. Massive mistake made over that deal, with what we lost, but on the other hand had they pulled it off it would have been some game changer.

I think looking at what we have tried to do over last couple of years, and the messages coming out, that it looks certain a deal is agreed for Widdop for next year. Just my gut feel, nothing else.

Author:  RHINO-MARK [ Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Id welcome the Widdop signing G but still think we need more namely a linebreaking Prop & a BR in the mould of Moors.

Author:  loiner81 [ Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Gotcha wrote:They thought we had Burgess signed, hence why we pulled out of Westerman and Clarke deals. Burgess was a lot of money. Burgess obviously only wanted Aus return. Massive mistake made over that deal, with what we lost, but on the other hand had they pulled it off it would have been some game changer.

I think looking at what we have tried to do over last couple of years, and the messages coming out, that it looks certain a deal is agreed for Widdop for next year. Just my gut feel, nothing else.


Certainly would've been a game changer and we'd be a very different looking side right now had it happened. Wouldn't it Tad?

I've wanted Widdop at Leeds since seeing him and Sinfield together in the WC. Really hope it comes off.
Moley on Twitter seems to think Leeds are showing major interest.

Page 2 of 710 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/