WWW.RLFANS.COM
https://retro.rlfans.com/

Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2
https://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=602879
Page 393 of 664

Author:  Clearwing [ Mon May 27, 2019 6:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Bang wrote:I really do not want to sign Luke Gale. He is completely pants + like someone mentioned he has been injured the last 2 seasons! He'll be even worst!


Injuries apart, his tendency to go missing against tough opposition is well known. And given all our opponents are tough these days, he'd be totally f***ing anonymous. So agree 100%..

Author:  Gotcha [ Mon May 27, 2019 6:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

I also have the same info from good sources on Gale. From the Cas end they have allowed him to do a deal with Leeds on the basis of them getting their own man to replace him. We had a similar agreement on Clarke though three years back. Gale is a big Leeds fan though and pushed this.

I have been a fan of Ashurst for last couple of years, but I have to be honest, if we backed our own youngsters, you would probably have the same level player in 18 months.

Forget the Thompson one, that is just nonsense, and can’t see that coming from any reliable source. More likely someone down the pub.

Walker does have five offers from NRL. A couple of months back I would have said he was going. Not so sure now, he is a grounded kid and seems to have his head screwed on.

Author:  Charlie Sheen [ Mon May 27, 2019 7:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Even in his current state, Gale is better than what we have!

Author:  sharky64 [ Mon May 27, 2019 7:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

I never said we were signing Thompson I said that I heard we offered him big money. Just like the Connor thing, it is just panicking. We have plenty of young forwards that could make it. Like I also said a lot of it is about effort and even Merrin said that in his interview with that Aussie bird. Other teams just seam to want it more, we also once came into that bracket of never write them off like Saints, but I just don’t see the desire or passion with the players.

Author:  KaeruJim [ Mon May 27, 2019 8:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Charlie Sheen wrote:Even in his current state, Gale is better than what we have!

That’s not the point though, with respect. We need to be more ambitious than this if we’re going to be top of Super League IMO. Gale is a bit like Myler for me; can be good or even very good, but I don’t think either is in the class of what Leeds need at half. Also would be very concerned about his injury record - last thing we need is another crock.

Author:  Magic Superbeetle [ Mon May 27, 2019 8:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

sharky64 wrote:I never said we were signing Thompson I said that I heard we offered him big money. Just like the Connor thing, it is just panicking. We have plenty of young forwards that could make it. Like I also said a lot of it is about effort and even Merrin said that in his interview with that Aussie bird. Other teams just seam to want it more, we also once came into that bracket of never write them off like Saints, but I just don’t see the desire or passion with the players.


You didn’t get to the point of offering Connor big money - you offered Hull big money to talk to Connor. Hence my original question; who are Saints getting in return?

Having slept on it though I can offer you an out; are you sure your source didn’t get their Thompson’s confused and it’s Joel Thompson you’ve offered big money to?

Author:  malcadele [ Mon May 27, 2019 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Calm down!I,m sure no one really believes Saints would even contemplate letting Thompson go!

Author:  mattsrhinos1978 [ Mon May 27, 2019 9:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Injurys aside, Gales exactly the type of half we need. Organizer, kicking game, goal kicker, experience and a fair bit of arrogance, i undersand the injury concerns but talent wise, id take him in a heartbeat. Suprised many wouldnt want him after the crap shoot we'v had at halfback recently. Pair him with McCllelland and we'r good to go imo. Get 3 or 4 year from Gale then hopfully one of Mallison or Anderson, two halfs i rate who are both first year 19's, are ready to take over from him.

On a side note, with the Gale rumours and our reluctance to name a new coach until the end of the year, despite some strong candidates being available now, does anyone think it could be Powell we'r going for?

Author:  Trebor1 [ Mon May 27, 2019 9:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Who knows. We just cant second guess thd club anymore. Just praying kev and GH will get it right

Author:  cheekydiddles [ Mon May 27, 2019 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

mattsrhinos1978 wrote:Injurys aside, Gales exactly the type of half we need. Organizer, kicking game, goal kicker, experience and a fair bit of arrogance, i undersand the injury concerns but talent wise, id take him in a heartbeat. Suprised many wouldnt want him after the crap shoot we'v had at halfback recently. Pair him with McCllelland and we'r good to go imo. Get 3 or 4 year from Gale then hopfully one of Mallison or Anderson, two halfs i rate who are both first year 19's, are ready to take over from him.

On a side note, with the Gale rumours and our reluctance to name a new coach until the end of the year, despite some strong candidates being available now, does anyone think it could be Powell we'r going for?


the 2017 version of Gale yes.....not sure about the 2020 version. We've no idea how (or even if) he will come back from his very serious injuries these past 2 seasons. Look at how Watkins has come back.

Throw in what i assume would still be hefty wages (unless something was put in his contract about appearances) then a very big risk for me

Page 393 of 664 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/