WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Thu May 30, 2019 6:02 pm  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1867
The Biffs Back wrote:
Watched the Penrith v Manly game this morning and Maloney game managed Penrith to a scrappy win.
Rumours are strong that he could be in SL as soon as this season and we will soon find out as the transfer deadline is fast approaching.

Ok so you would have to think Maloney is on Leeds’ radar at least, it’s no secret our kicking game and game management generally is p poor. What does everyone think? The only way I guess this could happen is if Merrin goes back (assuming Hurrell stays).

Concerned about Maloney’s age for the money/contract length it will take to secure him, and he’s not renowned for his D which is a major issue for us at the moment. Also losing Merrin isn’t ideal. And it appears he doesn’t have a great rep for being a hard trainer either.

On the plus side Maloney’s attacking skill set is probably bang on what we need, and he could help get much more out of our back line with attacking kicking etc.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Thu May 30, 2019 6:21 pm  

Fallon wrote:
Fallon Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 2093
Realistically he will be marquee money. I know the league is looking at a 3rd marquee rule but don't think that will be until next season at earliest. I also don't see Merrin or Hurrell going.

So, unless we can free up big money from somewhere it won't be us getting him midseason would be my take.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Thu May 30, 2019 6:32 pm  
The Biffs Back User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 4576
KaeruJim wrote:
Ok so you would have to think Maloney is on Leeds’ radar at least, it’s no secret our kicking game and game management generally is p poor. What does everyone think? The only way I guess this could happen is if Merrin goes back (assuming Hurrell stays).

Concerned about Maloney’s age for the money/contract length it will take to secure him, and he’s not renowned for his D which is a major issue for us at the moment. Also losing Merrin isn’t ideal. And it appears he doesn’t have a great rep for being a hard trainer either.

On the plus side Maloney’s attacking skill set is probably bang on what we need, and he could help get much more out of our back line with attacking kicking etc.


Agree with your post
Maloney also is a penalty machine,especially whilst defending, but IMO he is the type of player we need to guide us around the field (Like Sinny used to do).
I'd have thought that Wigan would be in for him too with them losing Williams for 2020.

With regards to Merrin,I think he is a great player and I would have loved to have seen him play for us whilst we were the dominant side in SL as opposed to playing in this rag tag mob at present as he would have been sensational.

I hope that I'm wrong here but sadly I can't see us keeping him beyond 2019 despite all the comments to the contrary in the media
"...To those people that wrote this team off...
to all those that criticised this team...
tonight's for you"

Sir Kevin Sinfield
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Thu May 30, 2019 8:14 pm  

Frosties. wrote:
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 pm
Posts: 9546
Latest rumours doing the rounds are Leeds are in for Alex Mellor for next season and Matt Parcell could be out of Leeds by the end of June.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Thu May 30, 2019 8:22 pm  
Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:23 pm
Posts: 8648
Location: NOT in "Crying Corner" on the SWMC Coach
Dont know whats gone on with Parcell, seems to have lost a bit of his wizardry for me.

I know that Dwyer has made the headlines (and rightly so) but I always rated Parcell as the better player, yet here we are, Parcells on the outer.
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND.


IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT.

SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado & expert stair inspector.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Thu May 30, 2019 9:04 pm  

Fallon wrote:
Fallon Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 2093
Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino wrote:
Dont know whats gone on with Parcell, seems to have lost a bit of his wizardry for me.

I know that Dwyer has made the headlines (and rightly so) but I always rated Parcell as the better player, yet here we are, Parcells on the outer.

One of Parcells strengths is playing off the back of second phase and quick play of the balls. In his first season he got lots of that but he has seen less and less over the last two seasons.

Dwyer is more off the cuff so he can create his own gaps which may explain the current relative standings.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Thu May 30, 2019 9:17 pm  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1867
Fallon wrote:
One of Parcells strengths is playing off the back of second phase and quick play of the balls. In his first season he got lots of that but he has seen less and less over the last two seasons.

Dwyer is more off the cuff so he can create his own gaps which may explain the current relative standings.

I reckon we could snaffle Isaac Luke for a season or two. Hothead but always admired him.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Thu May 30, 2019 9:50 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 9361
Location: West Yorkshire
The Biffs Back wrote:
Agree with your post
Maloney also is a penalty machine,especially whilst defending, but IMO he is the type of player we need to guide us around the field (Like Sinny used to do).
I'd have thought that Wigan would be in for him too with them losing Williams for 2020.

With regards to Merrin,I think he is a great player and I would have loved to have seen him play for us whilst we were the dominant side in SL as opposed to playing in this rag tag mob at present as he would have been sensational.

I hope that I'm wrong here but sadly I can't see us keeping him beyond 2019 despite all the comments to the contrary in the media



100% agree in Merrin I hope he sticks around as I think he’s a great player and one we will need to help through the rebuild IMO
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Thu May 30, 2019 11:14 pm  

Charlie Sheen User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 10530
Location: Leeds
Frosties. wrote:
Latest rumours doing the rounds are Leeds are in for Alex Mellor for next season and Matt Parcell could be out of Leeds by the end of June.


To go where?
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2 Fri May 31, 2019 12:32 am  

BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 11:46 pm
Posts: 9565
Location: 10 mins walk from Suncorp Stadium
Watching Maloney this year I'd be worried about giving him a long-term deal. He looks a shadow of himself from last season. I know the whole Panthers team aren't going well but he really isn't doing much.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArthurClues, Danibo160, finglas, HRS Rhino, Jrrhino, KaeruJim, krisleeds, leedsbarmyarmy, Lprhino, marathonman, Mark Laurie, tomtom84, Toosmooth, Whino4life and 125 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,104,2281,12478,3624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X