Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com IN 2019 | Trent Merrin - Expires: 2022

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: IN 2019 | Trent Merrin - Penrith Panthers
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:47 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Parcell and his Mrs are currently having a house built in Aus so I’d expect them to return at the end of this season

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:57 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Frosties. wrote:Parcell and his Mrs are currently having a house built in Aus so I’d expect them to return at the end of this season

Or maybe justing investing money in a property in the buy to let market!!

RHINOS TILL I DIE
“Tough times come and go, tough people last forever"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

christopher wrote:https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/paper-talk-brough-set-for-wakefield-return-salford-target-forward-duo-parcell-future-confirmed/

"Matt Parcell’s agent says the Leeds Rhinos hooker is not leaving the club, report League Weekly.

Parcell, who joined the Rhinos ahead of the 2017 season as a replacement for Papua New Guinea star James Segeyaro, has been linked with a move away from Emerald Headingley in the off-season. Parcell still has one year left on his current deal with Leeds and his agent Clinton Schifcofske told League Weekly that Parcell is going nowhere ahead of 2019."

Parcell should go better in 2019 behind a better pack. And if he doesn't, he'll find his place taken by Dwyer, Johnson, McLelland maybe. Whatever he wants to do in 2020 he's going to be in a better position off the back of being Leeds' first choice hooker and playing well.

Post subject: Re: In | NEW SIGNING Trent Merrin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:20 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Superted wrote:Even with the 'will he, won't he' thats gone on, I still think he'll be completely committed.
He's the sort of player/bloke who becomes the heart and soul of each team he's in. He's a bit of a joker, but one that brings the group together. I believe he'll instantly become a leader within the group and will throw himself into Leeds and become an integral member of the entire club, he'll be a figurehead - and he can play a bit too. Well pleased with this.

As a current Penrith supporter you are on the money with your comments on Trent. Was our player of the year in 2016 and our club person of the year in 2017 thanks to his community work particularly in the mental health field. Will be a superb asset for you and I look forward to watching 'Mez' play at Leeds.

Last edited by Freddie Miller. on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:21 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Im really impressed by a lot of the comments from Penrith fans on what a good signing we have got in terms of both a player and a person. Looks like the club have done their homework and backed it up with cash which is really encouraging.

Also impressed with the Penrith fans taking the time to share their views and be positive rather than slate a guy who has left.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:09 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Freddie Miller. wrote:As a current Penrith supporter you are on the money with your comments on Trent. Was our player of the year in 2017 and our club person of the year in 2018 thanks to his community work particularly in the mental health field. Will be a superb asset for you and I look forward to watching 'Mez' play at Leeds.

What would you say is his best position ?.
We look light on front rowers but heavy on back rowers and potential loose Forwards

"Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:22 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Emagdnim13 wrote:What would you say is his best position ?.
We look light on front rowers but heavy on back rowers and potential loose Forwards

God no let's not do this.

He clearly looks a 2nd row/13. Let's not add a bit of quality and then play him out of position. If we want quality props let's go out and sign them, not try and wedge people in.

A few people have said we are 2nd row/13 heavy. In numbers maybe but not in quality and on paper Trent is quality.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:42 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Yep, play as may as poss in their best positions. If we have to go with a lightweight front row, so be it. Been done before, not always without success.

"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:06 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Fallon wrote:God no let's not do this.

He clearly looks a 2nd row/13. Let's not add a bit of quality and then play him out of position. If we want quality props let's go out and sign them, not try and wedge people in.

A few people have said we are 2nd row/13 heavy. In numbers maybe but not in quality and on paper Trent is quality.

I'm not suggesting we play him at prop if he isn't a prop. I honestly don't/ didn't know his best position. That's why I asked ;).

"Blasphemy is a victimless crime"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:39 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Has to be our loose. We need another metre muncher and we have a decent squad.

What you looking at?....Butt Head!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com