FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - General Chat | Relegation & Who's To Blame? Thread
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2356
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 10 20168 years278th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 23 21:4717th Feb 22 13:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 8:37 am  
Bradford dropping out of SL was bad for Bradford since they went down Wakey Wire Cas Dragons & FC have got stronger & challenged the remaining "big 3" on a regular basis.
If we go down we deserve it & other Clubs will challenge ST's etc.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain156No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 11 20195 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Mar 24 14:5622nd Mar 24 21:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 am  
Ferdy wrote:
Heared from someone well within this. Furner had said he wanted to clear the deadwood out and was told there is no more money to work with. This squad is all there is work with it.
We are in really bad shape

He didnt appear to do a decent job with what he had.

How many times are they in for training? Hurrell looks like he has put 5kg on since he's been here. A lot of them after 60mins look absolutely shot to bits. What are they doing all day? Playing XBOX and eating free scran in manhatta and instagramming it for the owner?

My wife was at seminar in London last year, Sinfield was guest speaker. After over coffee she asked him what was going on at the club. She said he looked gutted and basically said he said the certain discipline and ethics in the club that was there when they were winning had gone. Even Stevie Wonder can see that. Now get it sorted and get these fat @rsed wasters grafting.
Gotcha 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Oct 23 18:192nd Nov 20 15:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 am  
RHINO-MARK wrote:
Bradford dropping out of SL was bad for Bradford since they went down Wakey Wire Cas Dragons & FC have got stronger & challenged the remaining "big 3" on a regular basis.
If we go down we deserve it & other Clubs will challenge ST's etc.

There is now way in this world that Wakefield have got stronger, or in a lot of case Cas even. Wakefield had a far far better side in 2005 I think it was, and this lot wouldn't come close to it. The competition has got much much weaker that is all, and that is as a consequence of losing its best bits, i.e. losing top clubs, and dumbing down the top teams to the gutter level of the bottom teams. Should never have happened, and is going to take something special to recover, even with the top teams on board, but without them not a chance.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200221 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Mar 24 19:1822nd Mar 24 16:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 9:10 am  
RonnieGinger wrote:

My wife was at seminar in London last year, Sinfield was guest speaker. After over coffee she asked him what was going on at the club. She said he looked gutted and basically said he said the certain discipline and ethics in the club that was there when they were winning had gone. .

And I think that is one of the problems that will take a while to fix, and I genuinely believe Sinfield is in it for the long haul and wants to fix the problems.

It's only a small thing but Didn't Myler mention that one of things he first made the players do was tidy up after themselves after being in the Gym, as I say its a small thing but if a lot of small things like that happen at a club it can lead to bad attitude and ethics on the pitch aswell as off.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2356
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 10 20168 years278th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 23 21:4717th Feb 22 13:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 am  
Gotcha wrote:
There is now way in this world that Wakefield have got stronger, or in a lot of case Cas even. Wakefield had a far far better side in 2005 I think it was, and this lot wouldn't come close to it. The competition has got much much weaker that is all, and that is as a consequence of losing its best bits, i.e. losing top clubs, and dumbing down the top teams to the gutter level of the bottom teams. Should never have happened, and is going to take something special to recover, even with the top teams on board, but without them not a chance.

Cas have reached Wembley a GF won the LLS & are now consistently top 3/4.
Wakey are more consistent plus Wire & the Dragins are certainly better than back then.
The standard of the comp is lower is because the new SC in NRL dwarfs ours so less genuine stars are coming & the better SL homegrown players are moving to the NRL.
Throw in less homegrown superstars are getting produced thats naff all to do with Bradford going down who overspent & cheated beyond their means to gain success
Gotcha 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 am  
RHINO-MARK wrote:
Cas have reached Wembley a GF won the LLS & are now consistently top 3/4.
Wakey are more consistent plus Wire & the Dragins are certainly better than back then.
The standard of the comp is lower is because the new SC in NRL dwarfs ours so less genuine stars are coming & the better SL homegrown players are moving to the NRL.
Throw in less homegrown superstars are getting produced thats naff all to do with Bradford going down who overspent & cheated beyond their means to gain success

The whole competition is absolute gutter level, nothing to do with the NRL cap. Look at it in Hull, an hotbed of rugby talent, even they came out last week and said so few want to play the game anymore in Hull. The game is dying, and it is dying because we have dumbed down its top competition, because of an obsession people had with making it competitive. Competitive should never have been at the expense of quality. The current Cas and Wakefield teams wouldn't come close to some of their sides that never came close to winning anything. They are consistently up there because the competition is so poor, and only because of that. To weaken that further by taking out the games major cash cow and major attraction to the community game, would be absolute suicide.
jools 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 09 201113 years172nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 23 05:1924th Dec 22 09:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 am  
Gotcha wrote:
The whole competition is absolute gutter level, nothing to do with the NRL cap. Look at it in Hull, an hotbed of rugby talent, even they came out last week and said so few want to play the game anymore in Hull. The game is dying, and it is dying because we have dumbed down its top competition, because of an obsession people had with making it competitive. Competitive should never have been at the expense of quality. The current Cas and Wakefield teams wouldn't come close to some of their sides that never came close to winning anything. They are consistently up there because the competition is so poor, and only because of that. To weaken that further by taking out the games major cash cow and major attraction to the community game, would be absolute suicide.

The games on its ariss because enough kids aren’t playing it- and enough kids aren’t playing it because there’s no money at grassroots level, the number and standard of coaches is shocking, most are volunteers some of whom haven’t played the game themselves to any level. Finding enough people willing to volunteer is difficult. There are fewer clubs running u13-u16 teams. Should realise that at Leeds- given it’s just been the Rhinos challenge weekend.
My lad has played RL since he was 6- there were loads of local clubs in our area he played against back when he started, he’s now 15 and there are only two other teams that are running an U15-and it sounds like one of those may fold.
Did you watch the games at the summer bash? A lot more entertaining than the hyped up cheating sh*te we see every week in SL.

Problem with Leeds is they think the game revolves around and relies upon SL. And it really doesn’t.
Gotcha 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17230No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 15 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 am  
jools wrote:
The games on its ariss because enough kids aren’t playing it- and enough kids aren’t playing it because there’s no money at grassroots level, the number and standard of coaches is shocking, most are volunteers some of whom haven’t played the game themselves to any level. Finding enough people willing to volunteer is difficult. There are fewer clubs running u13-u16 teams. Should realise that at Leeds- given it’s just been the Rhinos challenge weekend.
My lad has played RL since he was 6- there were loads of local clubs in our area he played against back when he started, he’s now 15 and there are only two other teams that are running an U15-and it sounds like one of those may fold.
Did you watch the games at the summer bash? A lot more entertaining than the hyped up cheating sh*te we see every week in SL.

Problem with Leeds is they think the game revolves around and relies upon SL. And it really doesn’t.

Whilst I don't agree with its entirety with your first point, thank you for confirming mine by saying it. Not all clubs have these poor coaches you talk of, some are very very good indeed. Some of the clubs are absolute first class run clubs. I can only speak for West Yorkshire clubs, and in particular the ones Leeds play a big part in and help develop. Hence on that basis you see the issue with the biggest club missing from the game, what damage that would do. How many other clubs do the equivalent of the butlins weekend just done?

The numbers of kids might well be dwindling, but that is a direct result of how poor the competition is now, and has been for the last five years, getting worse and worse each. The stupidity of bringing down the top clubs to the level of the bottom ones was absolute commerical suicide. The state of our officials in the game now, is an absolute joke to watch, they are absolute pathetic and should not be on a permanent job role at the level they are producing.

Yes I watched the summer bash, and I enjoyed quite a few of the games. In particular I thought the reffing performances in three of the games was excellent, which I never seem to get to say in super league anymore. So why are these guys ignored? I have seen that fella Grant now twice this season on TV, once in Super League in a Catalans game, and once at the weekend, I have also seen him live at a Featherstone match, and on each occassion the guy has been very impressive and puts Super League officials to shame. Yet all I ever see on the TV is Chris Kendell, who to be frank must be the worst official ever. Is there any wonder people are turning off the game?

You are wrong on the last bit. I don't agree with Hetherington for last few years, and think he has played a part in holding super league back, however, everything he has done has been based on the game as a whole rather than just super league, which is what other clubs have done the oppossite on. The fact is that without Leeds, Super League will suffer, and as a result so too will the rest of the game, because without that top level income then the bottom level will not benefit from the club.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain156No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 11 20195 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Mar 24 14:5622nd Mar 24 21:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 11:50 am  
christopher wrote:
And I think that is one of the problems that will take a while to fix, and I genuinely believe Sinfield is in it for the long haul and wants to fix the problems.

It's only a small thing but Didn't Myler mention that one of things he first made the players do was tidy up after themselves after being in the Gym, as I say its a small thing but if a lot of small things like that happen at a club it can lead to bad attitude and ethics on the pitch aswell as off.

There was a video on the NRL page on FB a few weeks back of Cronk doing similar in the changing room. It's about being grounded and having the right principles. Setting good examples for the younger lads.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4160
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 18 20185 years30th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 15:5725th Mar 24 12:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Relegation : Mon May 20, 2019 12:10 pm  
The reasons for RLs apparent decline, and it's not a universally negative outlook, are many.

I do think the standard of SL has dropped, partly yes because of "lowest common denominator" syndrome - but we also have a fair bit of talent in Aus, whereas in the old days it was the other way round. We also play too many fixtures, caught in a negatively-reinforcing cycle.

To me, RL can't afford the well-supported and high profile clubs NOT to be in the top flight, and for that reason I was an am a fan of a licensing system rather than P&R. The devil is in the detail of how you do it. As with most things in RL, we don't stick with anything long enough because we have inconsistent leadership and the game is under constant financial pressure.

There are socio-economic reasons why the game in this country struggles too.

Anyone who thinks that Leeds Rhinos playing in the Championship is going to be good for RL needs bumps feeling I'm afraid. Not cataclysmic maybe, but certainly not a good thing. There is no guarantee Leeds would bounce back up either, were the worst to happen.

You see how happy Hull, Cas, Wakefield et al will be when the 3-4k Leeds fans are replaced by a taxi full of Toronto fans, and maybe the Sky money goes down in due course... What we need, clearly, are fewer and higher quality teams player fewer and higher quality fixtures, not the opposite.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Leeds Rhinos

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
UllFC
5m
Rd 6 I Cas A
MrPotatoHead
12m
The Good Friday Derby Massacre