Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com General Chat | Relegation & Who's To Blame? Thread

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Chat | Relegation & Who's To Blame? Thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:17 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

If ever we needed any highlighting of why our game as so far regressed we only have to watch this CC final. Absolutely disgraceful officiating, making up ridiculous rules as they go along. All three try decisions all completely wrong. You have ruined the game.

#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:22 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gotcha wrote:If ever we needed any highlighting of why our game as so far regressed we only have to watch this CC final. Absolutely disgraceful officiating, making up ridiculous rules as they go along. All three try decisions all completely wrong. You have ruined the game.

Are you joking? It's a fantastic game.if you cant appreciate this I have no idea why you still watch the sport. These athletes are giving it everything.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:Are you joking? It's a fantastic game.if you cant appreciate this I have no idea why you still watch the sport. These athletes are giving it everything.

Read the post, instead going with the stuck record,

#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:24 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Stuck record.....oh the irony.

Great game. Well done Wire. Loved it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:34 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Gotcha wrote:If ever we needed any highlighting of why our game as so far regressed we only have to watch this CC final. Absolutely disgraceful officiating, making up ridiculous rules as they go along. All three try decisions all completely wrong. You have ruined the game.

The refereeing was mixed. At least Hicks let the game flow which made for a much better game.

However virtually every big decision he made he got wrong.
The decision not to look at the VR in the first few mins was criminal and indicative of his own ego.
Both on-field and VR were wrong in my view to disallow Warrington’s try. Not sure why it matters whether he slightly touched the man playing the ball.
Saints try shouldn’t have stood either. Clear obstruction on Ratchford from Thompson (I think). Hicks had only recently penalised Warrington for crossing too. Though of course he was willfully blind to Saints obstruction in the game v us a few weeks back.

I have no idea how Hicks even got the game in the first place. He’s been poor all year. Clearly the RFL wanted someone with a media-friendly story to ref the game rather than the best referee.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:45 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I enjoyed that

Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:58 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Glad Wire won. Serves Saints right for all the squad resting against London

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:10 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Trebor1 wrote:Glad Wire won. Serves Saints right for all the squad resting against London

Did you say the same after we rested players against Wigan and then lost the semi against Hull?

I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:09 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

fanstanningley wrote:Did you say the same after we rested players against Wigan and then lost the semi against Hull?

Its something that happens but rarely seems to work in my eyes. Players need to go into big games battle hardened.

Similarly in the top 5 playoff system when a team used to go straight through to the Grand Final and have a week off before it they used to come unstuck at Old Trafford quite a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:28 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Cracking game.
I'm no lover of Hicks but Thaler was appalling for disallowing Wire a try for brushing a hair on a teammates leg.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 115  Next

It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com