WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - General Chat | Relegation & Who's To Blame? Thread

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com General Chat | Relegation & Who's To Blame? Thread

User avatarBullseye wrote:
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

BrisbaneRhino wrote:
I hate it when a good move for a try is scrubbed because of some microscopic 'loss of control' that can only be seen when slowing right down.

I've no issue with the vr being able to slow down for something like obstruction, but IMO grounding ought to be real time only. The mythical search for perfection is the problem.

:CLAP:
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bullseye wrote:
:CLAP:

That idea would quickly fall down when a try is given by only looking at full speed and then they show a replay slowed down showing the ball was lost.

BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

No it wouldn't if people accept mistakes. The problem with the vr is the expectation that they'll get decisions right because of the tech - multiple angles, slowmo etc. If you put a time limit on them - even 1 minute - people would accept that they get it wrong. Right now they spend an age and still mess it up.

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

BrisbaneRhino wrote:
No it wouldn't if people accept mistakes.

Have you seen the abuse referees are getting from supporters lately? there's no way people will accept mistakes, personally I try not to worry too much about the ref, they make far fewer mistakes than the players on the pitch
Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Refs are an easy bash, hides a multitude of team failures.
Same with the RL past time of accusing the RFL of bias / incompetence every fricking week.

Yes there are issues but to some people, you'll just never ever please them.
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND.

IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT.

SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado & expert stair inspector.

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Sorry disagree the standard & consistency of the officials in SL is shocking.
It doesnt help with a gloit like Ganson been in charge nor does it making them "untouchable".
Granted some "rules" need tweeking to help them & i dont think anyone should expect them to be pefect but the standards imo should be way higher & where performances dont meet those standards they should be culpable.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

User avatarClearwing wrote:
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The introduction of the VR detracted from the spectacle as far as I'm concerned. So what if the on field ref makes a mistake? It's a game ATEOTD.
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

RHINO-MARK wrote:
The problem we have here is that, in reality, it really isn't. It's just the awfully skewed views of some fans, most of whom based on my experience amongst them don't really understand the rules.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

User avatarGotcha wrote:
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

RHINO-MARK wrote:
It doesnt help with a gloit like Ganson been in charge nor does it making them "untouchable".
Granted some "rules" need tweeking to help them & i dont think anyone should expect them to be pefect but the standards imo should be way higher & where performances dont meet those standards they should be culpable.

couldn’t Agree more, it is clear as day, and only really people who don’t go who really say different.

As I said the other day with the CC final as an example, how the mistakes made there, and especially the video ref ones, are accepted by the game, is why there is the problems there is.

Mistakes do happen though, I think that can be accepted. What isn’t is when we do have the clear picture in front of all and time to make that decision, and still the error is made.

Keep saying it, but for me if refs actually looked and understood the rules, and then adopted that, then things would be so much easier. It’s the interpretations they personally make of the rules, depending which way the wind blows, and how inconsistent each one is personally with those interpretations, that is the problem. They should all be reffing to a degree the same way, but they don’t.

I don’t think they are helped if honest for balance, by the players. The clear cheating that goes on by players to win penalties does not help anyone. However, far from resolving that, the refs near always seem to go on the side of the player actually doing the cheating. And that is a frustration for all. Do they not watch the games after and their performance?
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

shadwellrhino Stevo's Armpit

I stopped blaming refs after the 2000 CC Final against the Bulls. I spent the whole match berating Ganson for bad decisions which I was convinced cost us the match. I was fuming all the way home and was so angry I watched the match on tape as soon as I got home. Unbelievably he got just about every call right.
PreviousNext