Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com General Chat | Relegation & Who's To Blame? Thread



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 115  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:31 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 3364
Seth wrote:At least they have it in them to capitalise on a team disintegrating.

If the league is fixed to keep leeds up in the event of finishing bottom does that mean the league goes to 13, 14 or that the team finishing top of the championship are refused promotion? Any scenario would have to see an end again to relegation and promotion the following year.



Promotion and relagation should have stayed scrapped the game is not sustainable to support it, there I see a reason NRL don't have it and have a considerably better league. P&R does nothing but hold the game back in this country. The fact the games biggest most valuable club are at risk, when they should be rebuilding without the threat over them is ludicrous.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:41 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14775
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
rollin thunder wrote:Promotion and relagation should have stayed scrapped the game is not sustainable to support it, there I see a reason NRL don't have it and have a considerably better league. P&R does nothing but hold the game back in this country. The fact the games biggest most valuable club are at risk, when they should be rebuilding without the threat over them is ludicrous.

It proves to people how it forces a club to focus solely on very short term decisions. The signings of Thompson, Crosby, Albert etc would not have happened if there wasn’t the threat of relegation and Leeds could have focussed on the medium to long term. A club like Leeds can manage this for a season or 2 but you can see how detrimental an impact it has on smaller clubs.
A licensed league gives you the opportunity to rebuild without panicking. P&R forced short term, panicked decisions and the league isn’t big enough to sustain that without damage to the game.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:41 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 6897
Location: philadelphia PA
If we finish bottom and get relegated I would be devastated, but I would still carry on,but if the rules are changed to keep us up I dont think I could carry on . What a shocking state we are in though






Soon we will be dancing the Fandango




FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:48 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 pm
Posts: 3
I have a serious question. Would relegation be that bad a thing? I'm from Edinburgh and when my football team got relegated it meant we stripped back, got rid of all our dead wood and in the end it galvanised the whole club from top to bottom. Would relegation have the same effect on the Rhinos or would it be a catastrophe? Be interested to know the thoughts of fans who go every week, spend hard earned cash following the team who deserve better.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:49 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 1343
That's sport surely? If Leeds finish bottom, which I still think we wont, bit if we do we deserve to get relegated as with any team.

To say were a prized assest is irrelevant. Christ I go to games in Lancashire on Friday nights and the fans we take across for a big club is embarrassing. We must have took 400 to Wigan earlier in the season. If you think Super League would be stumped without our away support you are kidding yourself.

As I say though I still don't see us finishing bottom.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:56 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 16905
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:That's sport surely? If Leeds finish bottom, which I still think we wont, bit if we do we deserve to get relegated as with any team.

To say were a prized assest is irrelevant. Christ I go to games in Lancashire on Friday nights and the fans we take across for a big club is embarrassing. We must have took 400 to Wigan earlier in the season. If you think Super League would be stumped without our away support you are kidding yourself.

As I say though I still don't see us finishing bottom.


It’s not the away support Marty, far from it, although I think you are wrong on that. It’s the sponsorship for the game and tv. Even when poop as us, we are still always chosen for tv, there is a reason for that. And no way can this new plan the game as going forward cope without it’s biggest club.






#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:04 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3494
JDT wrote:I have a serious question. Would relegation be that bad a thing? I'm from Edinburgh and when my football team got relegated it meant we stripped back, got rid of all our dead wood and in the end it galvanised the whole club from top to bottom. Would relegation have the same effect on the Rhinos or would it be a catastrophe? Be interested to know the thoughts of fans who go every week, spend hard earned cash following the team who deserve better.

It would be bad, but it would be 1 year in the Championship and as you say a chance to release a lot of the deadwood.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:05 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 1343
Super League will survive with or without us. If we finish bottom we deserve to relegated just as any other team does.

Let's get behind the team tho instead of flapping about relegation. Sure there will be thousands of Leeds fans at Anfield supporting the team.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:11 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 746
Not sure what will happen if we finish bottom, but im certain R Elstone will be having nightmares at the prospect. The new TV deal will be harder to sell without Leeds in it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:34 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 6897
Location: philadelphia PA
These mortgage repayments will have been budgeted for ,but surely not for championship Rugby though .I wonder if the club could go into financial difficulties, I hope not






Soon we will be dancing the Fandango




FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 115  Next





It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:54 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJC, Clearwing, Him, Joshheff90, Marty Grrrrrrrrrr!, mattsrhinos1978, The Magic Rat, Willzay and 196 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:54 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,969,1961,18777,8584,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





17

.