RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - General Chat | Relegation & Who's To Blame? Thread
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 8:37 am  

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Posts: 2266
Bradford dropping out of SL was bad for Bradford since they went down Wakey Wire Cas Dragons & FC have got stronger & challenged the remaining "big 3" on a regular basis.
If we go down we deserve it & other Clubs will challenge ST's etc.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 am  

RonnieGinger wrote:
RonnieGinger Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 pm
Posts: 33
Ferdy wrote:
Heared from someone well within this. Furner had said he wanted to clear the deadwood out and was told there is no more money to work with. This squad is all there is work with it.
We are in really bad shape


He didnt appear to do a decent job with what he had.

How many times are they in for training? Hurrell looks like he has put 5kg on since he's been here. A lot of them after 60mins look absolutely shot to bits. What are they doing all day? Playing XBOX and eating free scran in manhatta and instagramming it for the owner?

My wife was at seminar in London last year, Sinfield was guest speaker. After over coffee she asked him what was going on at the club. She said he looked gutted and basically said he said the certain discipline and ethics in the club that was there when they were winning had gone. Even Stevie Wonder can see that. Now get it sorted and get these fat @rsed wasters grafting.
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 am  

User avatarGotcha wrote:
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 17230
RHINO-MARK wrote:
Bradford dropping out of SL was bad for Bradford since they went down Wakey Wire Cas Dragons & FC have got stronger & challenged the remaining "big 3" on a regular basis.
If we go down we deserve it & other Clubs will challenge ST's etc.


There is now way in this world that Wakefield have got stronger, or in a lot of case Cas even. Wakefield had a far far better side in 2005 I think it was, and this lot wouldn't come close to it. The competition has got much much weaker that is all, and that is as a consequence of losing its best bits, i.e. losing top clubs, and dumbing down the top teams to the gutter level of the bottom teams. Should never have happened, and is going to take something special to recover, even with the top teams on board, but without them not a chance.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 9:10 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 9585
Location: West Yorkshire
RonnieGinger wrote:

My wife was at seminar in London last year, Sinfield was guest speaker. After over coffee she asked him what was going on at the club. She said he looked gutted and basically said he said the certain discipline and ethics in the club that was there when they were winning had gone. .



And I think that is one of the problems that will take a while to fix, and I genuinely believe Sinfield is in it for the long haul and wants to fix the problems.

It's only a small thing but Didn't Myler mention that one of things he first made the players do was tidy up after themselves after being in the Gym, as I say its a small thing but if a lot of small things like that happen at a club it can lead to bad attitude and ethics on the pitch aswell as off.
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 am  

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Posts: 2266
Gotcha wrote:
There is now way in this world that Wakefield have got stronger, or in a lot of case Cas even. Wakefield had a far far better side in 2005 I think it was, and this lot wouldn't come close to it. The competition has got much much weaker that is all, and that is as a consequence of losing its best bits, i.e. losing top clubs, and dumbing down the top teams to the gutter level of the bottom teams. Should never have happened, and is going to take something special to recover, even with the top teams on board, but without them not a chance.

Cas have reached Wembley a GF won the LLS & are now consistently top 3/4.
Wakey are more consistent plus Wire & the Dragins are certainly better than back then.
The standard of the comp is lower is because the new SC in NRL dwarfs ours so less genuine stars are coming & the better SL homegrown players are moving to the NRL.
Throw in less homegrown superstars are getting produced thats naff all to do with Bradford going down who overspent & cheated beyond their means to gain success
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 am  

User avatarGotcha wrote:
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 17230
RHINO-MARK wrote:
Cas have reached Wembley a GF won the LLS & are now consistently top 3/4.
Wakey are more consistent plus Wire & the Dragins are certainly better than back then.
The standard of the comp is lower is because the new SC in NRL dwarfs ours so less genuine stars are coming & the better SL homegrown players are moving to the NRL.
Throw in less homegrown superstars are getting produced thats naff all to do with Bradford going down who overspent & cheated beyond their means to gain success


The whole competition is absolute gutter level, nothing to do with the NRL cap. Look at it in Hull, an hotbed of rugby talent, even they came out last week and said so few want to play the game anymore in Hull. The game is dying, and it is dying because we have dumbed down its top competition, because of an obsession people had with making it competitive. Competitive should never have been at the expense of quality. The current Cas and Wakefield teams wouldn't come close to some of their sides that never came close to winning anything. They are consistently up there because the competition is so poor, and only because of that. To weaken that further by taking out the games major cash cow and major attraction to the community game, would be absolute suicide.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 am  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9547
Gotcha wrote:
The whole competition is absolute gutter level, nothing to do with the NRL cap. Look at it in Hull, an hotbed of rugby talent, even they came out last week and said so few want to play the game anymore in Hull. The game is dying, and it is dying because we have dumbed down its top competition, because of an obsession people had with making it competitive. Competitive should never have been at the expense of quality. The current Cas and Wakefield teams wouldn't come close to some of their sides that never came close to winning anything. They are consistently up there because the competition is so poor, and only because of that. To weaken that further by taking out the games major cash cow and major attraction to the community game, would be absolute suicide.


The games on its ariss because enough kids aren’t playing it- and enough kids aren’t playing it because there’s no money at grassroots level, the number and standard of coaches is shocking, most are volunteers some of whom haven’t played the game themselves to any level. Finding enough people willing to volunteer is difficult. There are fewer clubs running u13-u16 teams. Should realise that at Leeds- given it’s just been the Rhinos challenge weekend.
My lad has played RL since he was 6- there were loads of local clubs in our area he played against back when he started, he’s now 15 and there are only two other teams that are running an U15-and it sounds like one of those may fold.
Did you watch the games at the summer bash? A lot more entertaining than the hyped up cheating sh*te we see every week in SL.

Problem with Leeds is they think the game revolves around and relies upon SL. And it really doesn’t.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 am  

User avatarGotcha wrote:
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 17230
jools wrote:
The games on its ariss because enough kids aren’t playing it- and enough kids aren’t playing it because there’s no money at grassroots level, the number and standard of coaches is shocking, most are volunteers some of whom haven’t played the game themselves to any level. Finding enough people willing to volunteer is difficult. There are fewer clubs running u13-u16 teams. Should realise that at Leeds- given it’s just been the Rhinos challenge weekend.
My lad has played RL since he was 6- there were loads of local clubs in our area he played against back when he started, he’s now 15 and there are only two other teams that are running an U15-and it sounds like one of those may fold.
Did you watch the games at the summer bash? A lot more entertaining than the hyped up cheating sh*te we see every week in SL.

Problem with Leeds is they think the game revolves around and relies upon SL. And it really doesn’t.


Whilst I don't agree with its entirety with your first point, thank you for confirming mine by saying it. Not all clubs have these poor coaches you talk of, some are very very good indeed. Some of the clubs are absolute first class run clubs. I can only speak for West Yorkshire clubs, and in particular the ones Leeds play a big part in and help develop. Hence on that basis you see the issue with the biggest club missing from the game, what damage that would do. How many other clubs do the equivalent of the butlins weekend just done?

The numbers of kids might well be dwindling, but that is a direct result of how poor the competition is now, and has been for the last five years, getting worse and worse each. The stupidity of bringing down the top clubs to the level of the bottom ones was absolute commerical suicide. The state of our officials in the game now, is an absolute joke to watch, they are absolute pathetic and should not be on a permanent job role at the level they are producing.

Yes I watched the summer bash, and I enjoyed quite a few of the games. In particular I thought the reffing performances in three of the games was excellent, which I never seem to get to say in super league anymore. So why are these guys ignored? I have seen that fella Grant now twice this season on TV, once in Super League in a Catalans game, and once at the weekend, I have also seen him live at a Featherstone match, and on each occassion the guy has been very impressive and puts Super League officials to shame. Yet all I ever see on the TV is Chris Kendell, who to be frank must be the worst official ever. Is there any wonder people are turning off the game?

You are wrong on the last bit. I don't agree with Hetherington for last few years, and think he has played a part in holding super league back, however, everything he has done has been based on the game as a whole rather than just super league, which is what other clubs have done the oppossite on. The fact is that without Leeds, Super League will suffer, and as a result so too will the rest of the game, because without that top level income then the bottom level will not benefit from the club.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 11:50 am  

RonnieGinger wrote:
RonnieGinger Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 pm
Posts: 33
christopher wrote:
And I think that is one of the problems that will take a while to fix, and I genuinely believe Sinfield is in it for the long haul and wants to fix the problems.

It's only a small thing but Didn't Myler mention that one of things he first made the players do was tidy up after themselves after being in the Gym, as I say its a small thing but if a lot of small things like that happen at a club it can lead to bad attitude and ethics on the pitch aswell as off.


There was a video on the NRL page on FB a few weeks back of Cronk doing similar in the changing room. It's about being grounded and having the right principles. Setting good examples for the younger lads.
Re: Relegation Mon May 20, 2019 12:10 pm  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 2122
The reasons for RLs apparent decline, and it's not a universally negative outlook, are many.

I do think the standard of SL has dropped, partly yes because of "lowest common denominator" syndrome - but we also have a fair bit of talent in Aus, whereas in the old days it was the other way round. We also play too many fixtures, caught in a negatively-reinforcing cycle.

To me, RL can't afford the well-supported and high profile clubs NOT to be in the top flight, and for that reason I was an am a fan of a licensing system rather than P&R. The devil is in the detail of how you do it. As with most things in RL, we don't stick with anything long enough because we have inconsistent leadership and the game is under constant financial pressure.

There are socio-economic reasons why the game in this country struggles too.

Anyone who thinks that Leeds Rhinos playing in the Championship is going to be good for RL needs bumps feeling I'm afraid. Not cataclysmic maybe, but certainly not a good thing. There is no guarantee Leeds would bounce back up either, were the worst to happen.

You see how happy Hull, Cas, Wakefield et al will be when the 3-4k Leeds fans are replaced by a taxi full of Toronto fans, and maybe the Sky money goes down in due course... What we need, clearly, are fewer and higher quality teams player fewer and higher quality fixtures, not the opposite.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: burtonsrlfc, Danibo160, fanstanningley, Jrrhino, Magic Superbeetle, Roverman1, Trebor1 and 137 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,153,6702,26978,5794,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 9th May
CH RND: 5 Swinton22-23Bradford
CH RND: 5 Dewsbury0-36Halifax
CH RND: 5 LondonB50-30Newcastle
CH RND: 5 York12-16Featherstone
NRL RND: 9 Manly38-32NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 9 St.George32-12Canterbury
CH RND: 5 Toulouse70-0Widnes
L1 RND: 1 Coventry20-38Barrow
L1 RND: 1 Hunslet16-28Workington
L1 RND: 1 Keighley44-18Doncaster
L1 RND: 1 Rochdale40-16West Wales
Sat 8th May
CC RND: 4 Hull FC20-10Wigan
CC RND: 4 Castleford19-18Salford
CH RND: 5 Oldham4-36Whitehaven
NRL RND: 9 Canberra16-24Newcastle
NRL RND: 9 Wests28-36Gold Coast
NRL RND: 9 NQL Cowboys19-18Brisbane
L1 RND: 1 LondonS24-44Crusaders
Fri 7th May
CC RND: 4 Catalans6-16Warrington
CC RND: 4 St.Helens23-18Huddersfield
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Penrith 9 260 60 200 18
Parramatta 9 260 124 136 16
Melbourne 9 292 108 184 14
Souths 9 235 174 61 14
Sydney 9 254 123 131 12
St.George 9 193 169 24 10
 
Gold Coast 9 218 219 -1 8
NZ Warriors 9 189 216 -27 8
Manly 9 177 234 -57 8
Newcastle 9 161 220 -59 8
NQL Cowboys 9 165 255 -90 8
Canberra 9 173 209 -36 6
Cronulla 9 152 226 -74 4
Brisbane 9 140 240 -100 4
Wests 9 158 262 -104 4
Canterbury 9 92 280 -188 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.Helens 5 128 34 94 10 376.47 100
Wigan 5 111 56 55 10 198.21 100
Castleford 5 131 78 53 8 167.95 80
Catalans 5 137 86 51 8 159.30 80
Hull FC 5 105 58 47 7 181.03 70
Warrington 5 144 81 63 7 177.78 70
 
Hull KR 5 105 134 -29 4 78.36 40
Huddersfield 5 68 98 -30 2 69.39 20
Leeds 5 63 99 -36 2 63.64 20
Salford 5 68 142 -74 2 47.89 20
Wakefield 5 66 154 -88 0 42.86 0
Leigh 5 66 172 -106 0 38.37 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 4 159 40 119 8 397.50 100
Featherstone 4 128 50 78 8 256 100
Batley 5 172 88 84 8 195.45 80
Bradford 5 127 134 -7 8 94.78 80
Sheffield 5 124 100 24 5 124 50
LondonB 5 124 145 -21 5 85.52 50
 
Halifax 5 155 101 54 4 153.47 40
York 5 126 93 33 4 135.48 40
Whitehaven 5 109 119 -10 4 91.60 40
Dewsbury 5 73 123 -50 4 59.35 40
Oldham 5 82 156 -74 4 52.56 40
Newcastle 5 120 153 -33 3 78.43 30
Widnes 5 106 180 -74 3 58.89 30
Swinton 5 74 197 -123 0 37.56 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 2
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Rochdale 1 40 16 24 2 250 100
Keighley 1 44 18 26 2 244.44 100
Barrow 1 38 20 18 2 190 100
Crusaders 1 44 24 20 2 183.33 100
Workington 1 28 16 12 2 175 100
Hunslet 1 16 28 -12 0 57.14 0
 
LondonS 1 24 44 -20 0 54.55 0
Coventry 1 20 38 -18 0 52.63 0
Doncaster 1 18 44 -26 0 40.91 0
West Wales 1 16 40 -24 0 40 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 3
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 2 176 0 176 4 1,760 100
CastlefordW 2 84 6 78 4 1,400 100
WiganW 2 90 8 82 4 1,125 100
LeedsW 2 140 16 124 4 875 100
YorkW 1 16 68 -52 0 23.53 0
Wire W 1 8 52 -44 0 15.38 0
 
FeatherstoneW 2 6 112 -106 0 5.36 0
BradfordW 2 0 124 -124 0 0 0
Hudds W 1 0 90 -90 0 0 0
WakefieldW 1 0 44 -44 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X