Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com General Chat | Relegation & Who's To Blame? Thread

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: Relegation
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:55 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Pill rhino wrote:Yes but there should be heavy punishment for Saints if they do that.

why? that is what a squad is for! as long as they are named in the 19 man squad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:Why should it? Saints are 10 points clear at the top of the table, if they want to rotate their squad and give a load of youth players a run out I don’t see a problem with that, what rules will it break?

Completely agree. If it was Leeds up there and clear with a chance of going for all 3 trophies; a very demanding task, then using London at home a week before the cup semi would seem a great opportunity to rest key players. May not work out well for us but Saints have a very strong squad and at home will still compete well with London.

What you looking at?....Butt Head!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:33 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Biff Tannen wrote: May not work out well for us but Saints have a very strong squad and at home will still compete well with London.

The games at London pal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:24 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Pill rhino wrote:Yes but there should be heavy punishment for Saints if they do that.

Leeds were fined when Doug Laughton was in charge for resting players before CC semi.Im not sure if the rules have changed.Will you complain if Hull rest players?

I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:40 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

We have enough opportunity to avoid relegation this year with the games remaining.

We can’t control what anyone else will do. We can make sure we don’t give up more soft losses though.

We could do with Lui and Martin really having a dig for us.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:52 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

KaeruJim wrote:We have enough opportunity to avoid relegation this year with the games remaining.

We can’t control what anyone else will do. We can make sure we don’t give up more soft losses though.

We could do with Lui and Martin really having a dig for us.
we have that's why I'm not bothered what team Saints play.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

fanstanningley wrote:Leeds were fined when Doug Laughton was in charge for resting players before CC semi.Im not sure if the rules have changed.Will you complain if Hull rest players?

It's a funny one. They brought in the squad rules as they are as a direct result of Mr Millward's team selection for the game against Bradford. They didn't however make any rules about who needs to be named in said squad. As long as they are eligible players, we can field whoever we want. I'm sure there's some form of 'spirit of the game' clause in the rules somewhere, but difficult to actually punish us for it.

The initial plan was the rest half the squad against London and half against Halifax. But it seems they are taking Wembley seriously this year and aren't risking that.

Leeds will be fine in the grand scheme of things. London will likely still go down. The main victims of this crime? Perhaps Halifax, who'll face a full strength, fresh as a daisy Saints side.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:09 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Saints have earned the right to do what the hell they like with their squad. Theyve built a 10 point lead at the top so I dont blame them for resting players.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:16 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The Chin's Back wrote:The games at London pal

Cheers missed that. Still think Saints will compete well though.

We need to take care of our own business anyway, we have a kind enough fixture in Hull at home who also have focus on the Semis.

What you looking at?....Butt Head!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:27 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Biff Tannen wrote:Cheers missed that. Still think Saints will compete well though.

We need to take care of our own business anyway, we have a kind enough fixture in Hull at home who also have focus on the Semis.

Correct it's still in our hands with enough winnable games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 108  Next

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com