Nov 19 200221 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 11:335th Apr 24 18:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 am  
lionarmour87 wrote:
I agree with this especially about JL what an incentive for that lad to put in a shift. He handed the team talk to Kear .I've see. A few dips in quality before at this club and I think it's going to be quite a long time before we are genuine contenders

The club had no choice but to inform JL before this game as there is a RFL deadline, as JP said it makes a good story for people but the reality is different.

From what I’ve seen Brodie just for whatever reason doesn’t like Sinfield so will want to blame it on him.

There is not one specific reason why clubs go through patches like this its a culmination of different things, and they started way before Sinfield or Furner for that matter were employed.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain370
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20186 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Aug 23 10:2511th Aug 23 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 9:56 am  
christopher wrote:
The club had no choice but to inform JL before this game as there is a RFL deadline, as JP said it makes a good story for people but the reality is different.

From what I’ve seen Brodie just for whatever reason doesn’t like Sinfield so will want to blame it on him.

There is not one specific reason why clubs go through patches like this its a culmination of different things, and they started way before Sinfield or Furner for that matter were employed.

Why don't you actually read what I write, every time I mention Sinfield I always quote him as a good player and a great leader while he was a player. It's because you read everything with blue and amber glasses on, Sinfield was given the role without any experience of man management, coaching, or any other experience in being a Director of rugby. If you believe he has been doing a good job sine he arrived then you are being delusional. At the moment he is learning on the job and a club in the position wher Leeds are you don't look for an apprentice to do this role. If he would have cut his teeth in a less stressful environment and then come to Leeds then fine but he did not. Therefore he is now under pressure to perform and at the moment he is not doing a good job. Having to sack Furner basically admits his mistake, now he is the one under pressure. You cannot keep sacking the coaches you hired without sooner or later you get axed. That is the way in any form of sport.
Great players don't always make great management.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain370
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20186 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Aug 23 10:2511th Aug 23 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 10:07 am  
loinertillidie wrote:
That's just it, they won't. GH stopped treating the fans as fans in about 2007, spectators are now cash cows. He knows the fans will come, they've been on the gravy train too long not to.

IF Leeds United get promoted, and there is then a viable option for going on a different journey then we might see people vote with their feet, but I can't see many stopping going.

Fully understand what you are saying, I agree with your comments if Leeds get promoted it may have an effect on the numbers at Headingley, but the big concern is the corporate entertainment, just look at the numbers they have at Headingley, the most successful club in SL regarding Corporate entertaining. With debts approaching £24 million and a Emerald North stand charging between £2500 and £3000 per season ticket for the corporate entertaining and £30k per box per annum, not including the Lewis Jones suite, taverners stand etc, corporate companies will not splash put this type of money for client entertaining if they can't get clients to go. These are the cash cows that GH cannot afford to upset. You cannot manage a debt of such magnitude on crowds of 10,0000 paying £300 per year for their season ticket and expect to have a top four team.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6881No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Apr 21 12:302nd Aug 20 20:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Fat Boy wrote: Bradford are now officially the RFL's biatches.
Seventies red wrote: Whats a biatch?.
gulfcoast_highwayman wrote: They wear red and white and cry a lot in October.

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 10:46 am  
Brodie123 wrote:
Fully understand what you are saying, I agree with your comments if Leeds get promoted it may have an effect on the numbers at Headingley, but the big concern is the corporate entertainment, just look at the numbers they have at Headingley, the most successful club in SL regarding Corporate entertaining. With debts approaching £24 million and a Emerald North stand charging between £2500 and £3000 per season ticket for the corporate entertaining and £30k per box per annum, not including the Lewis Jones suite, taverners stand etc, corporate companies will not splash put this type of money for client entertaining if they can't get clients to go. These are the cash cows that GH cannot afford to upset. You cannot manage a debt of such magnitude on crowds of 10,0000 paying £300 per year for their season ticket and expect to have a top four team.

All makes sense, except the debt part. The building work was presumably all managed by Caddick Con. Leeds rugby is Caddick's also. So the construction costs are notional, the book price is £24m but the actual cost not so much.

The new facilities are designed to be a 365 day a year concern and I would be particularly surprised if Caddick and GH had left themselves exposed so badly in requiring one part of the business specifically to carry the rest of it (despite what posters on here have opined in the past).

Yes the team needs to rebuild, and perhaps a few years of average performance may glean off a few fans, but the business will be fine.

PS:I didnt mention the 100k spectators because the idea of trying to get out of Leeds with that many fans simply horrified me.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5271
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 24 201014 years314th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 11:056th Mar 24 20:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 10:57 am  
I think you's will be fine even if you do get relegated.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6819
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 02 200222 years44th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 21:0018th Apr 24 15:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 10:58 am  
What was even more disgraceful was nobody from the club called Lilley to tell him he wasn't going back to Leeds now that in my eyes is either arrogance or disrespectful from Sinfield.
On the other hand Lilley when interviewed after the game was very professional and more than respectful to the team.
If I were him I would have been taking the pi$$ the way he was treated.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4778No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 years121st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Apr 24 11:087th Apr 24 12:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 11:25 am  
loinertillidie wrote:
That's just it, they won't. GH stopped treating the fans as fans in about 2007, spectators are now cash cows. He knows the fans will come, they've been on the gravy train too long not to.

IF Leeds United get promoted, and there is then a viable option for going on a different journey then we might see people vote with their feet, but I can't see many stopping going.

Real fans need to get behind the team no matter what, we have had so many good times, that most clubs we'll never ever see, yes it's bad nibody wants this or likes this, it's horrib, but the club needs us more know than they ever did when it was easy. Hetheringtons job is to run the club has a business, because that's what it is, we are the Customer base nothingness more and that's the same for any sports organisation.

If some supportes want to turn their back on the club and go and watch Leeds united as they look like they might be good next year, then they can love off and don't come back when they are relegated from premiership and We are back in Grand finals.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7372
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200816 years297th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Apr 24 10:454th Mar 24 19:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 11:45 am  
we went from 6k to 7k fanbase to Averaging 17 k at its peak.so we did attract a lot of floaters .things could return to well normal
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6881No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Apr 21 12:302nd Aug 20 20:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Fat Boy wrote: Bradford are now officially the RFL's biatches.
Seventies red wrote: Whats a biatch?.
gulfcoast_highwayman wrote: They wear red and white and cry a lot in October.

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 11:53 am  
rollin thunder wrote:
Real fans need to get behind the team no matter what, we have had so many good times, that most clubs we'll never ever see, yes it's bad nibody wants this or likes this, it's horrib, but the club needs us more know than they ever did when it was easy. Hetheringtons job is to run the club has a business, because that's what it is, we are the Customer base nothingness more and that's the same for any sports organisation.

If some supportes want to turn their back on the club and go and watch Leeds united as they look like they might be good next year, then they can love off and don't come back when they are relegated from premiership and We are back in Grand finals.

You can treat fans like cash cows when you're smashing it up. When you're actually NEEDING revenue instead if just raking it in then the relationship with the fans needs to improve.

You have to remember that many of Leed's fans can't remember Wembley 1999, let alone watching Leeds get beat at the Watersheddings on a February Sunday lunchtime. They don't know how bad we were when we all still went. They don't remember how good Wigan , Saints and Bradford were in their purple patches, and they never had to drink Bass either.

Leeds go bad, they'll leave. Millenials don't like losers.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5494
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 03 20177 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 13:1618th Apr 24 13:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Agar Out : Sun May 12, 2019 11:54 am  
rollin thunder wrote:

Well bloody said
PreviousNext