Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:13 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Gotcha wrote:By the way, the short period Dwyer was on, he missed five tackles. That is pretty pathetic, and no wonder he was pulled off and not back on.

From reading the comments on here recently it seems that many Leeds fans see Dwyer as one of the few positives this year. Personally I think he is one of your biggest issues. You can't doubt his effort and enthusiasm, but he is way too erratic. Hooker is a vital position, it's not just about running from dummy half. He takes terrible options all of the time and just generally plays like a headless chicken.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:49 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Dwyer is a headless chicken type player. He’s ok if you need to spark things up a bit for a brief period but too often he just makes it up as he goes along and is difficult to read. In defence it’s like his brain can’t keep up with his body.

"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:53 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I said to one of our other posters, that for Brad Dwyer, think Phil Ford at Hooker...

It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:56 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

batleyrhino wrote:I said to one of our other posters, that for Brad Dwyer, think Phil Ford at Hooker...

I can see the comparison. Rocks and diamonds. Not what you want in a hooker.

"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:57 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

batleyrhino wrote:I said to one of our other posters, that for Brad Dwyer, think Phil Ford at Hooker...

I think more back to Mick Shaw, who looked incredible at times, but just not the player you could rely on all round,

#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:58 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bullseye wrote:I can see the comparison. Rocks and diamonds. Not what you want in a hooker.

They are, but I was thinking more like the brain doesn't know what the hands and feet will do next...

It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gotcha wrote:I think more back to Mick Shaw, who looked incredible at times, but just not the player you could rely on all round,
There's a quality young 9 in the Acadamy just awaiting a chance :IDEA:

I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Terrible performance against an average looking Cas side that didn`t do anything special yet still beat us comfortably.
I cannot believe how little passion or bottle Leeds now have.
Myler and Sutcliffe and Watkins were a complete waste of a jersey.
McLelland you can see has the skills but is not yet up to SL standard although I think he will get there.
Same can be said for Newman.
Smith I thought wasn`t that bad and will look better alongside Ward whenever he can get back on the pitch.
Briscoe did much better than he did against Bradford and Handley tried his best.
But unless we can get some mongrel in that pack and find another half back we will continue to battle relegation with London.
Watkins either needs to go on loan or move in to the second row and Sutcliffe and Myler need dropping.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:16 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Maybe you should raid the lower leagues for some mongrel? A Farrell and Fleary for 2020 wouldn't go amiss.

In fact Leeds now remind me of the 1997 side. A few useful juniors and one or two decent players but a lot of dross. Like then Hetherington needs to splash the cash for a playmaker like he did with Harris and some tough forwards to give you a harder edge.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:37 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bullseye wrote:Maybe you should raid the lower leagues for some mongrel? A Farrell and Fleary for 2020 wouldn't go amiss.

In fact Leeds now remind me of the 1997 side. A few useful juniors and one or two decent players but a lot of dross. Like then Hetherington needs to splash the cash for a playmaker like he did with Harris and some tough forwards to give you a harder edge.

Yes I'm reminded of that era too

Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com