WWW.RLFANS.COM
https://retro.rlfans.com/

SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)
https://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=623426
Page 16 of 19

Author:  Brodie123 [ Fri May 17, 2019 10:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

We were just not good enough, at times we competed well, but other times we were poor. However we are seeing some kind of improvement. Kendall the ref as usual had a shocker for both teams, how he gets games is unbeleivable, yet not using the video ref on a few occasions was poor. Short of a half back, a quality half back would get us moving forward especially in game management and at the end of plays etc. Its time to make concrete offers of £200k for both Hastings and Trueman.
On thing I did note last night sitting behind the Cas dug out, when their forwards left the pitch for a rest they were well spent, you could see they had done a full shift and was equally ready to return when called upon, this is what I want our forwards to be like. Their back row last night was good. I just wish we had the same commitment and quality

Author:  homme vaste [ Fri May 17, 2019 10:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

Brodie123 wrote:We were just not good enough, at times we competed well, but other times we were poor. However we are seeing some kind of improvement. Kendall the ref as usual had a shocker for both teams, how he gets games is unbeleivable, yet not using the video ref on a few occasions was poor. Short of a half back, a quality half back would get us moving forward especially in game management and at the end of plays etc. Its time to make concrete offers of £200k for both Hastings and Trueman.
On thing I did note last night sitting behind the Cas dug out, when their forwards left the pitch for a rest they were well spent, you could see they had done a full shift and was equally ready to return when called upon, this is what I want our forwards to be like. Their back row last night was good. I just wish we had the same commitment and quality


Out of interest which calls did he get wrong that he should have gone to the video ref for? I found it quite refreshing he backed himself and gave them on field and I thought he got them right? On a side note do your fans boo at everything? The JSL try, what was wrong with that one as the whole stadium seemed to boo when it was shown back?

Author:  splaz [ Fri May 17, 2019 10:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

Why don't we all move to Bondi, then we can watch a commited team with heart and belief. Oh and I forgot wingers.

Author:  christopher [ Fri May 17, 2019 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

splaz wrote:Why don't we all move to Bondi, then we can watch a commited team with heart and belief. Oh and I forgot wingers.


Bondi is a dump

Author:  splaz [ Fri May 17, 2019 11:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

I tend to agree, I was only talking about the rugby though.

Author:  Bulls4Champs [ Fri May 17, 2019 12:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

splaz wrote:Why don't we all move to Bondi, then we can watch a commited team with heart and belief. Oh and I forgot wingers.


Rather be in Blackpool.

Summer Bash here we come.

Author:  chapylad [ Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

homme vaste wrote:Out of interest which calls did he get wrong that he should have gone to the video ref for? I found it quite refreshing he backed himself and gave them on field and I thought he got them right? On a side note do your fans boo at everything? The JSL try, what was wrong with that one as the whole stadium seemed to boo when it was shown back?

Yes wasn`t really sure why the fans booed as it clearly shows the ball was grounded.
Probably the only contentious try was when McMeeken I think collided with Newman in the air resulting in him dropping it.
I`ve seen them disallowed before and on the other side of the coin seen them given.
If the fans wanted to boo it should have been at the amount of times the ball was passed forward by McShane but I would not be surprised to read we did the same.

Author:  Seth [ Fri May 17, 2019 12:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

Lolohea in a boot, lower body injury won't be good for his tub.

Author:  rugbyleague88 [ Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

The penalty and yellow for Watkins was wrong. Eden looked like he needed a neck brace and stretcher and then a minute later from the penalty, he makes a miraculous recovery and scores. They should not have been given the penalty to have that field position.

Author:  Nothus [ Fri May 17, 2019 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: SL RD 15 | Castleford Tigers (H)

rugbyleague88 wrote:The penalty and yellow for Watkins was wrong. Eden looked like he needed a neck brace and stretcher and then a minute later from the penalty, he makes a miraculous recovery and scores. They should not have been given the penalty to have that field position.


Hips went beyond the horizontal, if only briefly. It was the correct decision and we've seen yellow cards given for similar dangerous tackles during the season so the consistency is there as well.
I imagine Eden stayed down for a bit because it probably hurt. The severity of an injury (or lack of) should have no bearing on the punishment. The potential was there to injure the player.

Page 16 of 19 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/