Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com SL RD 16 | London Broncos (N) Anfield

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: SL RD 16 | London Broncos (N) Anfield
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:20 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:I agree regarding a hard hitting prop but would also add that a tough tackling number 9 in the middle of the park would also help the team.

Where they come from is another issue.

I’m wondering if they plan to let Dwyer go and use Parcell as main hooker for the final year of his contract while Johnson comes through.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:10 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Oh I thought Parcells deal was up this year .I'm probably wrong as usual

Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:16 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

KaeruJim wrote:I’m wondering if they plan to let Dwyer go and use Parcell as main hooker for the final year of his contract while Johnson comes through.

From what I hear, I will be gobsmacked if Parcell is around by October. That doesn’t mean I see them keeping Dwyer however.

#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:02 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gotcha wrote:From what I hear, I will be gobsmacked if Parcell is around by October. That doesn’t mean I see them keeping Dwyer however.

Johnson isn’t ready for regular first team yet so that would mean a new signing there too then.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:10 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Gotcha wrote:From what I hear, I will be gobsmacked if Parcell is around by October. That doesn’t mean I see them keeping Dwyer however.

Yeah interesting.. thats probably what Dwyer was alluding to in his YEP interview.. it must be a bit unsettling to a few which isnt helping but its a necessity to sort matters out

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:20 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Trebor1 wrote:Yeah interesting.. thats probably what Dwyer was alluding to in his YEP interview.. it must be a bit unsettling to a few which isnt helping but its a necessity to sort matters out

To be honest with one or two notable exceptions, you could let every player over 23 in this squad go and just start again for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:49 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Ditto. The real shortlist would be which players you'd do everything in your power to keep. The sad answer is not many if anyone half decent was available to replace them.

Which of the older players would anyone be desperate to keep, assuming we had an 'average joe' SL player (or up and comer) able to replace them?

In the backs I'd only put Hurrell and Watkins in that category (assuming Watkins can get back to his former self). In the forwards...Ava, Merrin maybe, Ward if he was ever fit? Its a shockingly short list - I could make a case for letting any of them go if the choice was between them and say a quality 7.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:04 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Parcell is contracted for next year so unless he agrees to go by finding another club or unless the club pays his contract off which would come under the cap restrictions hes not going anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:25 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:Parcell is contracted for next year so unless he agrees to go by finding another club or unless the club pays his contract off which would come under the cap restrictions hes not going anywhere.

He's going Marty. But I get your point, hence why I said October. Have a feeling it will be sooner though.

#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:52 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

BrisbaneRhino wrote:Ditto. The real shortlist would be which players you'd do everything in your power to keep. The sad answer is not many if anyone half decent was available to replace them.

Which of the older players would anyone be desperate to keep, assuming we had an 'average joe' SL player (or up and comer) able to replace them?

In the backs I'd only put Hurrell and Watkins in that category (assuming Watkins can get back to his former self). In the forwards...Ava, Merrin maybe, Ward if he was ever fit? Its a shockingly short list - I could make a case for letting any of them go if the choice was between them and say a quality 7.

Hurrell, Watkins (with the caveat that he may end up in the second row, which worries me), Ava, Ward, maybe Merrin. Peteru as a squad player depending on his salary. That is a pretty depressing short list given that two of them are under significant injury clouds, another is error prone and another is a bit of an expensive luxury IMO.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:27 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com