WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019

Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:56 pm  

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Posts: 2241
You're all talking as though we're getting the Lunt of 2012 we aren't getting anywhere near that.
Swopping Parcell for a past it Lunt strengthens a relegation rival no matter what spin Sinfield puts on it.
The only tiny positive is that he isnt signed for 2020.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:00 pm  

tenerifeRhino Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 pm
Posts: 394
christopher wrote:
I do rate Parcell as a player, but I am happy with this deal, Lunt is a different type of player and his game is probably more suited to how we are playing. Quick play the balls are what Parcell needs and that just isn't us at the moment. Lunt is a tough, more traditional style hooker and a leader


Excuse me for being a know nowt as described on the other thread. But this is the Lunt who has started one game this year we are talking about.
Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:18 pm  

Fallon wrote:
Fallon Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 2093
Bigger picture gents.

This is about getting rid of a player we didn't want and one of many who hasn't been performing to previous standards. In doing so we have freed up cap space and a quote spot.

If it makes you happier think of this as losing a hooker and gaining a decent Hb with the added bonus of Tui's cap spend and quote spot also going.
Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:41 pm  

User avatarHis Bobness wrote:
His Bobness User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 1187
Location: Hibbing, Minnesota.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Lolohea was not a full quota player (Non fed trained but not quota) whereas Rob Lui is full quota.

That would mean that to sign Lui a full quota player (Parcell) would have to make way.

It also means that you now only have a non fed spot free not a full quota spot and therefore you cannot sign Jackson Hastings at present.
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.
Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:50 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 2498
His Bobness wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Lolohea was not a full quota player (Non fed trained but not quota) whereas Rob Lui is full quota.

That would mean that to sign Lui a full quota player (Parcell) would have to make way.

It also means that you now only have a non fed spot free not a full quota spot and therefore you cannot sign Jackson Hastings at present.


I think you may be right with that. Which is where the lad from Canberra comes in... hes Turkish origin
Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:54 pm  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1917
His Bobness wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Lolohea was not a full quota player (Non fed trained but not quota) whereas Rob Lui is full quota.

That would mean that to sign Lui a full quota player (Parcell) would have to make way.

It also means that you now only have a non fed spot free not a full quota spot and therefore you cannot sign Jackson Hastings at present.

Unless we’re told otherwise, I’m not convinced yet we have a spot available for 2019.
My suspicion is that we’ll run with what we have now until 2020, and there’ll be more signings when and if we’re mathematically safe.
Another reason why we need to go all-out for early wins and not leave it late - it all impacts our ability to secure quality players going forward.
Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:55 pm  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1917
Trebor1 wrote:
I think you may be right with that. Which is where the lad from Canberra comes in... hes Turkish origin

Ah.
Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:13 pm  
Rhinoshaund III User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 pm
Posts: 1027
I thought Loloheah was OQ and NFT?

Now we have,

Albert (Doesnt count)
Lui OQ NFT
Merrin OQ NFT
Ava OQ NFT
Cuthbo NFT
Hurrell NFT
Peteru NFT

So 3 OQ and 6 NFT leaves 1 spot for an NFT player who can also count on OQ.
Never Underestimate A Rhino

Challenge Cup Winners 1909–10, 1922–23, 1931–32, 1935–36, 1940–41, 1941–42, 1956–57, 1967–68, 1976–77, 1977–78, 1999, 2014, 2015, 2020
Superleague Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017
Championship Winners 1960–61, 1968–69, 1971–72
World Club Champions 2005, 2008, 2012
Premiership Winners 1974–75, 1978–79
SL League Leaders 2004, 2009, 2015
Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:15 pm  

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Posts: 2241
Fallon wrote:
Bigger picture gents.

This is about getting rid of a player we didn't want and one of many who hasn't been performing to previous standards. In doing so we have freed up cap space and a quote spot.

If it makes you happier think of this as losing a hooker and gaining a decent Hb with the added bonus of Tui's cap spend and quote spot also going.

The bigger picture still reads HKR get a better player in a crucial positiin whilst we get an has been & make ourselves weaker at 9.
Ditching Tui & gainjng Lui is great btw thst is a good move even with the extra ££ cost im happy to see that happen.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Re: IN MS 2019 | Shaun Lunt - Expires: 2019 Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:19 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 9398
Location: West Yorkshire
tenerifeRhino wrote:
Excuse me for being a know nowt as described on the other thread. But this is the Lunt who has started one game this year we are talking about.


Maybe see how he goes before writing him off, and again this is not about us wanting Lunt more about Quota
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Loiner at large and 114 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,118,40375878,4374,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X