u RLFANS.COM - FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:13 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:02 am
Posts: 3027
batleyrhino wrote:Webb
Donald
Smith
Senior
Hall
McGuire
Burrow
Leuluai
Diskin
Peacock
JJB
Ellis
Sinfield

Bailey
Lauitiiti
Kirke
Ablett

Which of today’s players gets in that team? You could perhaps make a case for Hurrell or Ava on the bench (but he’s not played enough games for me yet).


All wise after the event. Let's see in 10 years time. I recall people on here questioning the quality and value of the legends before they became legends including Sinny and Rob.






"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:59 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:32 pm
Posts: 7448
Location: anywhere, literally...
You’re right, hindsight is 20/20 vision. However I’ve seen enough players to know a good one from a bad one, and we’ve had far too many bad ones over the last 2-3 years at least.






It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:39 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Posts: 2058
batleyrhino wrote:You’re right, hindsight is 20/20 vision. However I’ve seen enough players to know a good one from a bad one, and we’ve had far too many bad ones over the last 2-3 years at least.

100% agree some of em not worthy of cleaning the SS bogs let alone worthy of the shirt.






I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:56 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14942
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
ryano wrote:All wise after the event. Let's see in 10 years time. I recall people on here questioning the quality and value of the legends before they became legends including Sinny and Rob.

Don’t forget the whole “Peacock isn’t a prop” and “Sinfield’s too slow for stand off” nonsense.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:03 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 4:13 pm
Posts: 8654
Location: Garth's Darkplace.
Him wrote:Don’t forget the whole “Peacock isn’t a prop” and “Sinfield’s too slow for stand off” nonsense.


Don't forget "Diskin doesn't score tries in big matches".






"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:49 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:30 am
Posts: 2159
KingRoss11 wrote:I’d rather that than play in your monstrosity of a stadium, it’s falling to pieces as we speak, it’s a close toss up between yours and Wakefield’s stadium which is by far the worst 2 grounds in super league


But its our monstrosity and its ours to sell when the new one is built.
Please remind us all (not that we need it) as to how you ended up in this situation.
Maybe you won't want to embarrass your club though.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:54 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Posts: 836
Location: Out and about in Wigan
newgroundb4wakey wrote:But its our monstrosity and its ours to sell when the new one is built.
Please remind us all (not that we need it) as to how you ended up in this situation.
Maybe you won't want to embarrass your club though.


When the new one is bulit? And when will that be exactly? 2060 at this rate, we might of had to sell our stadium because of financial issues but we still play in a better stadium with a better team and win trophies? What have Cas won this century? Oh yeah a dogs dinner bowl

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:48 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 7126
Location: Leeds
KingRoss11 wrote:When the new one is bulit? And when will that be exactly? 2060 at this rate, we might of had to sell our stadium because of financial issues but we still play in a better stadium with a better team and win trophies? What have Cas won this century? Oh yeah a dogs dinner bowl

both Cas and Wigan are both great Rugby towns , Wigan probably the most famous Rugby town in the world. All the sport needs them both just for all the great players they produce and its a compliment to us that you come on our board to continue your rivalry :D






Soon we will be dancing the Fandango




FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:48 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:30 am
Posts: 2159
lionarmour87 wrote:both Cas and Wigan are both great Rugby towns , Wigan probably the most famous Rugby town in the world. All the sport needs them both just for all the great players they produce and its a compliment to us that you come on our board to continue your rivalry :D


Thanks to you and Kingross11, you both deserve credit for sticking by your club but we have probably chosen the wrong board to discuss it.
Despite all the banter and rivalry I don't think any club would want you to fail mainly because of the away support you bring. However how much longer can you keep posting such big losses as you have no ground to sell this time.
Good luck for the coming season. :HUG:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FRIENDLY | Wigan Warriors (A)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:22 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Posts: 836
Location: Out and about in Wigan
newgroundb4wakey wrote:Thanks to you and Kingross11, you both deserve credit for sticking by your club but we have probably chosen the wrong board to discuss it.
Despite all the banter and rivalry I don't think any club would want you to fail mainly because of the away support you bring. However how much longer can you keep posting such big losses as you have no ground to sell this time.
Good luck for the coming season. :HUG:


Yeah I agree it’s all friendly discussion, and I do agree that we can’t continue to post 500k+ losses every year and there doesn’t seem to be a quick fix, the only viable option would be to expand robin park into a 15000 stadium but that would take time and money. It would work in the long term though

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10





It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:17 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Joshheff90, Maverick Rhino, TOMCAT and 117 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:17 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,024,6241,33078,0364,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.






17

.