WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Full Games on Youtube

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Full Games on Youtube

Re: Full Games on Youtube Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:03 pm  
gulfcoast_highwayman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:
The 1998 SL semi final is on there too, which is I'm presuming what he means - it was a great game

It was. The Rhinos were relentless. Still gutted that we never took Wigan in the final.
Leeds Rhinos? 8 for you, Leeds Rhinos! You go, Leeds Rhinos.

And none for Castleford Tigers. Bye!
Re: Full Games on Youtube Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:04 pm  

settle rhino wrote:
settle rhino Stevo's Armpit

FoxyRhino wrote:
Assuming you mean 1994, I love that they've uploaded the official Leeds tape of it complete with Stuart Duffy presenting. I'd only ever seen the highlights from the BBC commentary online previously.

No the 1998 game. Brilliant forward pack.
Re: Full Games on Youtube Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:08 pm  

settle rhino wrote:
settle rhino Stevo's Armpit

Can anyone tell which which game it was when Sinfield almost had his jaw broken?. If I remember he was out cold almost but got up and kicked a penalty.
Re: Full Games on Youtube Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:32 pm  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

settle rhino wrote:
Can anyone tell which which game it was when Sinfield almost had his jaw broken?. If I remember he was out cold almost but got up and kicked a penalty.

2012 Grand Final vs Warrington.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: Full Games on Youtube Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:54 pm  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Yeah, still can't believe Monaghan got away with that. Completely pee-meditated.
Wire would have won that game nowadays as Sinfield would have gone off as per protocol.
Some players would never have recovered after a knock ike that....
Re: Full Games on Youtube Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:06 pm  
gulfcoast_highwayman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
2012 Grand Final vs Warrington.

IIRC correctly, Sinny was MoM in each of the four games it took to reach and win that title, and was 100% with his kicking. Astonishing performance. When people go on about Farrell and O'Loughlin, I'd like them to show me anything they ever did to compare to what Sir Kev acheived that season..
Leeds Rhinos? 8 for you, Leeds Rhinos! You go, Leeds Rhinos.

And none for Castleford Tigers. Bye!
Re: Full Games on Youtube Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 pm  

User avatarHolmes wrote:
Holmes User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Shabino wrote:
Yeah, still can't believe Monaghan got away with that. Completely pee-meditated.
Wire would have won that game nowadays as Sinfield would have gone off as per protocol.
Some players would never have recovered after a knock ike that....

Definitely pre-meditated, a typical example of refs letting things go in the Grand Final that normally they would penalise. Another prime example would Liam Farrell sliding in with knees just as McGuire scored in the 2015 Grand Final. Fouled in the act of scoring, definite 8 point try but not reviewed at all. McGuire got up angry but got caught up in teammates hugs before he got to Farrell.
Re: Full Games on Youtube Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 am  

User avatarDHM wrote:
DHM User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Shabino wrote:
Yeah, still can't believe Monaghan got away with that. Some players would never have recovered after a knock ike that....

Not to mention the kick in the nuts which was probably more painful :lol: Always knew Kev had balls of steel.
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"
Re: Full Games on Youtube Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:01 pm  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Holmes wrote:
Definitely pre-meditated, a typical example of refs letting things go in the Grand Final that normally they would penalise. Another prime example would Liam Farrell sliding in with knees just as McGuire scored in the 2015 Grand Final. Fouled in the act of scoring, definite 8 point try but not reviewed at all. McGuire got up angry but got caught up in teammates hugs before he got to Farrell.

We had some other strange calls a against us in that Warrington game. Hall has a try ruled out from a brilliant flat pass by Sinfield. Myler basically smacks Hardaker in the head before their second half try.
Shows how mentally strong that group was.....
Re: Full Games on Youtube Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:30 pm  

FlexWheeler wrote:
FlexWheeler Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Watching some of the stuff from the 90's, does anything think the game was a better spectacle compared to now? There was no wrestle, and the attack wasn't as contrived as it is now with all the pre-rehearsed patterns and dummy runners.
''I'm the most intelligent man here and I intend to keep us alive''

''The most intelligent, is that a fact?''

''it is, sheriff has a wife, so does Mr Odwyer, and you're a widower''

''Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?''

.......''smart men don't get married''
PreviousNext