WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 7 | St Helens (H)
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:44 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

FearTheVee wrote:
Really looking forward to the game - should be a good contest.

No idea how you won that game last night (that Hudds winger should be shot for the tackle in the air, hat-trick or no hat-trick) but if you turn up and move the ball like the last 20 it should be a heck of a game!

Let’s hope it’s a good one mate. All the best
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:02 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Saints are the best team in Super League by a distance at the moment. We will have to be good to challenge them.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:09 am  

User avatarLeedsLurch wrote:
LeedsLurch User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Saints are the best team in Super League by a distance at the moment. We will have to be good to challenge them.

not sure I can agree with this statement. Fisrt game back post lockdown they beat a poor side convincingly but pre lockdown they were not looking like a cohesive unit at all
Loving the success and the silverware, keep them coming :)
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 am  

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

LeedsLurch wrote:
not sure I can agree with this statement. Fisrt game back post lockdown they beat a poor side convincingly but pre lockdown they were not looking like a cohesive unit at all

Indeed -we were very patchy pre-lockdown for sure. Few injuries in the backs didn't help but I think the break has done us more good than any other team as we put everything into the WCC and looked goosed the next couple of weeks.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:55 am  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

We need to be patient. Not so long ago we were dead donkeys desperately hoping to avoid the canning factory. We're not a thoroughbred racehorse yet. Still a few real quality players short and still need some of the youth talent to develop.

Super League ain't what it used to be but to win trophies I still think Leeds need to be near optimum.

Another 2-3 years, IF we make the right signings and IF the young lads achieve some potential, we'll be about right again. It's amazing we're looking as competitive as we are now after the shocking hole we got ourselves in.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:23 pm  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

KaeruJim wrote:
We need to be patient. Not so long ago we were dead donkeys desperately hoping to avoid the canning factory. We're not a thoroughbred racehorse yet. Still a few real quality players short and still need some of the youth talent to develop.

Super League ain't what it used to be but to win trophies I still think Leeds need to be near optimum.

Another 2-3 years, IF we make the right signings and IF the young lads achieve some potential, we'll be about right again. It's amazing we're looking as competitive as we are now after the shocking hole we got ourselves in.
Cant disagree with any of that.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:37 pm  

Frosties. wrote:
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Donaldson out for six weeks with a fracture in his lower back
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:14 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Frosties. wrote:
Donaldson out for six weeks with a fracture in his lower back

He will make just as much ground in next 6 weeks as he would if he was playing. Good defender tho to be fair to him.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:32 pm  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
He will make just as much ground in next 6 weeks as he would if he was playing. Good defender tho to be fair to him.
I'm not his biggest fan but that is harsh.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 am  

User avatarBiff Tannen wrote:
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Lui looked fat and unfit. i know he is generally a bigger unit for the position he plays but looked bigger still. same goes for Hurrell, looked like he had been eating very well during lock down!
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
PreviousNext