WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 7 | St Helens (H)
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:03 am  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Tough on Donaldson, he does train and play hard. Wonder if Holroyd or Mustapha gets a shot?

Either would give us some impact at the line, which I think we've been missing. If we sit back and defend Saints are going to cause us all sorts of problems, I think we need to play positive and have a go at putting them under pressure.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:18 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

KaeruJim wrote:
Tough on Donaldson, he does train and play hard. Wonder if Holroyd or Mustapha gets a shot?

Either would give us some impact at the line, which I think we've been missing. If we sit back and defend Saints are going to cause us all sorts of problems, I think we need to play positive and have a go at putting them under pressure.

Cant see either Tommy or Muizz given a chance this week.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:52 am  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

KaeruJim wrote:

I would think it will Sutcliffe who replaces Donaldson.He also covers the backs.
Last edited by fanstanningley on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:58 am  

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Biff Tannen wrote:
Lui looked fat and unfit. i know he is generally a bigger unit for the position he plays but looked bigger still. same goes for Hurrell, looked like he had been eating very well during lock down!

Thought the same watching the game. The most professional sides during lockdown in terms of looking after themselves are likely to benefit over the next month or so - that's why I was quite happy drawing Catalans first up.

Got away with it at the weekend but some of the LEeds players didn't look in great shape at all.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:11 am  
Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

A shame for Donaldson who brigs more to the team than a lot realise.

As one of my friends has said, during this crisis and the quick succession of games it will be the more mobile props that will come to the fore as they can go longer before gassing and Donaldson fits that mould perfectly for us.

That being said, this could be just the opportunity for some of the younger lads to really stake a genuine claim.

Exciting times.
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND.

IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT.

SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado & expert stair inspector.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:34 am  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Yeah drop Lui after one bad game...which we still won!
Great man management. Put Myler in there, despite being absolutely clueless at scrum half all lay year!
Or throw Mclelland in against Saints with very little first grade experience....
I love this forum sometimes.... :)
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:34 am  

Vic Mackie wrote:
Vic Mackie Stevo's Armpit

Its too early to drop Lui as we have only played one game in four months. However, he was awful against Huddersfield and a similar performance this week from him then it will be time to start looking at giving Cal a go in my opinion.

I'd love to see Holroyd given a run this week.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:06 am  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I am looking forward to seeing Holroyd, Oledski and Ava in rotation, I still think we lack heavy artillery and I'd give the young bull a crack at Saints and James Graham and see how he handles the challenge.

It's not just about giving youth a chance, he would add something missing from the team.

We would need our back row to work hard in D because Donaldson is great at the tidying work that often goes un-noticed.

However as previous posters said, I can see a place going to L Sutcliffe.

The club clearly has ambitions this year to do something which is great, but I would be systematically giving pretty much all those young talents a go this season and taking the medium-long view.

You could look at Mustapha or Walters for later game once the fatigue sets in a bit and there's a little less emphasis on D. Both are players you wouldn't want running at you when you're gassed.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:00 pm  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Both Lui and Hurrell looked well over weight - sad to see professional sportsmen allowed to get that big
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: RD 7 | St Helens (H) Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:58 pm  

Frosties. wrote:
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Myler
Briscoe / Briscoe
Newman
Hurrell
Handley
Lui
Gale
Seumanufagai
Leeming
Prior
Martin
Mellor
Smith

Dwyer
Oledzki
Cuthbertson
Holroyd / A Sutcliffe / Walters

Mclelland

Still without Walker, Donaldson, Crosby, Ward, Sutcliffe I believe.
PreviousNext