WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A)

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A)

Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:38 pm  

User avatarNeruda wrote:
Neruda User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Toosmooth wrote:
Ava is another one that has regressed since lockdown. With the exception of the end of the Giants match Newman hasn't really done much this season either. He's a bit lightweight and spends most of his time with the ball going sideways.

so do you not go to the games, or what?
Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:06 pm  

User avatarToosmooth wrote:
Toosmooth User avatar

It was nearly 6 months ago. He shined when he broke through, but has been anonymous this season.
PEOPLE BEFORE PROFIT!
Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:13 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Toosmooth wrote:
It was nearly 6 months ago. He shined when he broke through, but has been anonymous this season.

He really hasn’t he was going well before lockdown. See what I mean (on other threads) about how fans turn on young players very quickly if they have a few off games.
Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:29 pm  

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

christopher wrote:
He really hasn’t he was going well before lockdown. See what I mean (on other threads) about how fans turn on young players very quickly if they have a few off games.

Ignore it the younger lads & especially Newman are a huge positive.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:42 pm  

Toosmooth User avatar

It's not like he's in danger of being dropped, but a clean break from centre would be nice.
PEOPLE BEFORE PROFIT!
Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:47 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Toosmooth wrote:
It's not like he's in danger of being dropped, but a clean break from centre would be nice.

Would that be Harry Newman that leads the Clean Break and Tackle Bust counts for us?
Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:00 pm  

Jrrhino wrote:
Jrrhino Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

We've played 7 games ( 6 now the Toronto game has been removed) honestly don't know what some fans want if the team were putting in patchy performance and poor efforts after 15 games I could understand but we played 5 games before the pandemic postponed the season and we managed to get 4 wins and put in 2 decent performances against Hull KR and Warrington and obviously battered Toronto as well, the two performance since the season has resumed have been poor yes but give the team a bit of time to re gel and get some combinations going again this was a new team anyway with players still getting to know each other etc time will prove where the rebuild of this Rhinos team is really at.
Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:22 pm  

Toosmooth User avatar

Can't say I noticed the 1 against Saints. I did see the 1 against Hudds when Hurrell put him away though.
PEOPLE BEFORE PROFIT!
Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:31 pm  

User avatarExeter Rhino wrote:
Exeter Rhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Like most of the team, Newman hasn't been great in the last couple of games, but before lockdown he was starting to look the real deal. I was hoping to see a bit more aggressive running from him but he hasn't had many chances. Against Huddersfield we seemed to favour Hurrell's wing more often than not.

I'm more worried about the seasoned professionals who haven't looked up to much - Ava, Prior, Martin, and Lui all seem to have lost a lot of form since the pre-COVID part of the season. Gale and Hurrell have been okay, as has Mellor. Handley at full-back reminds us why we need Myler so much: at least Myler offers some threat with the ball in hand, or as a support player.

I really hope Dwyer isn't going to get Andy Hay syndrome now that he's signed a new contract. Some nice touches from Leeming, but he hardly imposed himself - perhaps better starting next time? Would prefer a more physical hooker Terry Newton style instead of two lightweight scooter types, especially against the bigger sides like Saints. Let's hope Leeming is more Lee Jackson than Mick Shaw.
Re: RD 8 | Wigan Warriors (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:47 pm  

bdrhino wrote:
bdrhino Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Leeming looks a pretty big lad to me.
PreviousNext