WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Is our management too nice?

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Is our management too nice?

Re: Is our management too nice? Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:02 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 9259
Location: West Yorkshire
Shabino wrote:
Think people are just more accepting than me I guess. I figured this out when I went to watch a game with two mates and lifelong fans. They were more interested in getting a second pint than watching the second half start. I think If being a fan relates to your sobriquet life, I can see why people are less critical I guess.
I'm just bit fed up with the entertainment factor we've had to endure for few years, and some of the signings we've made. Seems another big Clearout might be needed which is sad.......


I don’t think its about being more accepting.

Im just curious on what you are basing your ‘another big clearout‘ assertion on, the last game? Last 2 games, why are you discounting the games before lockdown where we seemed to be making progress?

There was slways going to be poor results whilst we are going through this rebuild, and Covid has thrown a massive spanner in the works ontop of it.

As the poster above points out we do seem to put loyalty high in our list snd tgst was one of rhe attributes that made us so succesful in the recent past.

We had a rubbish result last week and since weve had people questioning the fitness of the ppayers, the quality of the players, the attitude of the players and now the management of the club, it all seems like a massive knee jerk to me. Lets see how we go in the next month or so.
Re: Is our management too nice? Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:25 pm  

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Posts: 2194
christopher wrote:
I don’t think its about being more accepting.

Im just curious on what you are basing your ‘another big clearout‘ assertion on, the last game? Last 2 games, why are you discounting the games before lockdown where we seemed to be making progress?

There was slways going to be poor results whilst we are going through this rebuild, and Covid has thrown a massive spanner in the works ontop of it.

As the poster above points out we do seem to put loyalty high in our list snd tgst was one of rhe attributes that made us so succesful in the recent past.

We had a rubbish result last week and since weve had people questioning the fitness of the ppayers, the quality of the players, the attitude of the players and now the management of the club, it all seems like a massive knee jerk to me. Lets see how we go in the next month or so.

Assessing this Squad as is its clear there are at least 7/8 players either not good enough , past it or just passengers id say thats a decent sized clear out needed.
Even allowing for SC & C19 impact mate the likes of both Briscoes Rhys Evans Cuthbertson Lui Crosby Ward who should be moved on , throw L.Sutcliffe who wants out plus Mylers unresolved situation thats a fair size number of departures that need to/will happen soon.
Thats nothing to do with ST's tubbing us the above are surplus if we aee to make the next step in this transition. Thats before the Coaching set up gets reviewed.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Re: Is our management too nice? Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:10 pm  

User avatarHim wrote:
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14964
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
Shabino wrote:
Think people are just more accepting than me I guess. I figured this out when I went to watch a game with two mates and lifelong fans. They were more interested in getting a second pint than watching the second half start. I think If being a fan relates to your sobriquet life, I can see why people are less critical I guess.
I'm just bit fed up with the entertainment factor we've had to endure for few years, and some of the signings we've made. Seems another big Clearout might be needed which is sad.......

Yeah it’s been really boring being a Leeds fan for the past 20 years. Utter nonsense.
Re: Is our management too nice? Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:53 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17922
Location: On the road
The coaching set up definitely needs a refresh - the likes of Davidson and Bletsoe need replacing to get some new ideas in
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Is our management too nice? Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:35 am  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 1243
Location: Desperation Island
Sal Paradise wrote:
The coaching set up definitely needs a refresh - the likes of Davidson and Bletsoe need replacing to get some new ideas in

Apart from wondering as to how you think you know how certain back room staff perform (apart from your famed gut instinct, which would have seen us break the golden generation up in around 2010), neither of these do any actual coaching so the point is somewhat moot.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: Is our management too nice? Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:11 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17922
Location: On the road
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Apart from wondering as to how you think you know how certain back room staff perform (apart from your famed gut instinct, which would have seen us break the golden generation up in around 2010), neither of these do any actual coaching so the point is somewhat moot.


The coaching set up includes many elements - stat analysis being an important part as in physical conditioning. It is not a criticism of their ability but there is limit to how long the status quo delivers added value
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW, Bing [Bot], christopher, Dadsylad, gulfcoast_highwayman, Ks84, leedsbarmyarmy, LeedsLurch, Rixy, Seth, Stockwell & Smales, Superted, The Magic Rat and 104 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,083,5131,04278,2724,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts