WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - NEW SIGNING | Bodene Thompson - Expires: 2020

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com NEW SIGNING | Bodene Thompson - Expires: 2020

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Watched Kevs interview this morning. Said senior players were consulted about any new signings first to make sure they’re on board due to the salary cuts. Again stated we’ve a very limited budget.
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Journeyman, solid, pro.....not good enough ultimately.

Give Walters and Holroyd a bloody chance. There i said it....thats the message.

User avatarbatleyrhino wrote:
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Someone (rightly) said a few days ago that kids are never ready for first team for their first game, but you never get to find out if they will make it if you don’t give them the chance. Holroyd, Walters, Mustapha, Tindall all need to be getting a go now, so we can see where they are at. They’ll all make mistakes, but they’ll bust a gut trying.

There’s nothing to lose and everything to gain...
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Seth wrote:
Agar says ‘what Bo’ brings to the camp is a wealth of experience, he’s played at Super League level for a number of years and an opportunity came up for him to come here and strengthen the options in that area...’ bla bla bla, who are you trying to convince Rich

Ooh I was so close...

Head Coach Richard Agar added, “Bodene is a quality forward who has a great deal of experience both in the NRL but also in Super League with Warrington Wolves and Toronto Wolfpack. This is a win-win situation for Bodene and ourselves; he is able to show what he can do whilst allowing us to strengthen our pack with a tough period of games coming up in a short period of time.”

rugbyleague88 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

batleyrhino wrote:
Someone (rightly) said a few days ago that kids are never ready for first team for their first game, but you never get to find out if they will make it if you don’t give them the chance. Holroyd, Walters, Mustapha, Tindall all need to be getting a go now, so we can see where they are at. They’ll all make mistakes, but they’ll bust a gut trying.

There’s nothing to lose and everything to gain...

Exactly, if I was Holroyd, Walters or Mustapha and did not get much of a chance this season then I would be looking for a new club who would give me some game time.

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Seth wrote:
Ooh I was so close...

Head Coach Richard Agar added, “Bodene is a quality forward who has a great deal of experience both in the NRL but also in Super League with Warrington Wolves and Toronto Wolfpack. This is a win-win situation for Bodene and ourselves; he is able to show what he can do whilst allowing us to strengthen our pack with a tough period of games coming up in a short period of time.”

I agree with Agar personally

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

He was ok at Warrington , didnt do much st Leigh & poor chasing the fake riches at Toronto.
Agar bigging him up when he's picked Rhys Evans & ignored Sam Walters Tommy Holroyd & Liam Tindell etc means zip imo.
Its another poor signing irrespective of wages or injuries.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

ArthurClues wrote:
ArthurClues Stevo's Armpit

It makes sense to me given that Mellor and Donaldson are out for six weeks or so, Sutcliffe is still injured and Ward is out for the foreseeable. We normally play with three second rows so if Walters is anywhere near ready he'll get a game. It's not like they have given Thompson a three year contract.
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

rugbyleague88 wrote:
Exactly, if I was Holroyd, Walters or Mustapha and did not get much of a chance this season then I would be looking for a new club who would give me some game time.
I'm sure Walters and Holroyd will get a chance this season not sure about Mustapha not sure he's big enough.Walters and Holroyd are still only 19.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.

Jrrhino wrote:
Jrrhino Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Thompson is just hear to covee our injuries to our pack with Mellor and Donaldson both out now for a chunk of the season it makes sense to me for the club to give him a contract for remainder of season.Ward and Crosby who knows if they'll play again never mind this season, L.Sutcliffe is just about to come back from injury and imo and many others it seems he's not good enough to be in our 17 and is on his way out of the club anyway. So our back rowe options are short with just Martin, A.Sutcliffe, Smith,(more of a 13), Walters (yet to make his debut and still young and will get a chance to prove himself), O'Connor( same as Walters) and now Thompson so I think the club have brought Thompson in at the right time to cover us and he hasn't even played for us yet he could be a solid addition to us lets wait and see when he was at NZ Warriors in NRL he was a decent second rower and was close to being in the NZ national team.
PreviousNext