WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - NEW SIGNING | Bodene Thompson - Expires: 2022

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com NEW SIGNING | Bodene Thompson - Expires: 2022

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

ploinerrhino wrote:
Not if we are never going to use that spot , for me he has been our best forward this season

No...
Oledsjki or Prior been our best.

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

L Sutcliffe isn’t a back rower for me. If we were to sign another prop I would imagine there will only be one space on the bench for a back rower, and that likely could be Cam Smith.

Are we sure Thompson does count on the quota for next year given that Toronto have folded?

Like I said, I’m sure the club have a plan and we won’t be making lots of changes to this squad for next year.

To be fair to Thompson he’s shown a couple of nice touches here and there. It’s not a great use of a quota spot if it is.

bdrhino wrote:
bdrhino Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I dont think back row should be anywhere near our top priority but if we want another why not get the big lad back from wigan? Bit of a gamble and perhaps slightly more money but if it paid off we could have a top quality versatile forward for the next 4/5 years.He also wouldn't count on the quota, leaving them open for genuine class from oz

Frosties. wrote:
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

KaeruJim wrote:
L Sutcliffe isn’t a back rower for me. If we were to sign another prop I would imagine there will only be one space on the bench for a back rower, and that likely could be Cam Smith.

Are we sure Thompson does count on the quota for next year given that Toronto have folded?

Like I said, I’m sure the club have a plan and we won’t be making lots of changes to this squad for next year.

To be fair to Thompson he’s shown a couple of nice touches here and there. It’s not a great use of a quota spot if it is.

Yeah he counts for 2021 as he was out of contract with Toronto at the end of the season. All their players are now unemployed and can sign elsewhere.

Frosties. wrote:
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Confirmed a two year deal

User avatarbatleyrhino wrote:
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Poor use of an O/S spot
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

batleyrhino wrote:
Poor use of an O/S spot
Ha just put the same on another forum.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.

Jrrhino wrote:
Jrrhino Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I'm happy with Thompson resiging would have preferred a 1 year extension but 2 years isn't end of the world and yes he does take up a Overseas spot but we still have 1 free and we could still go after good English talent but I only expect 1 new signing with how club have come out and said not much change this off season. Thompson is hard working player and also gives us options in back row if we have injures or other players are out of form.

User avatarbatleyrhino wrote:
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I'm not a fan of using Overseas spots for squad players. Each quota player must be a starter.
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.

tomlufc wrote:
tomlufc Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Replacing average players with average players is very boring.
PreviousNext