WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - NEW SIGNING | Bodene Thompson - Expires: 2020

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com NEW SIGNING | Bodene Thompson - Expires: 2020

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Jrrhino wrote:
Thompson is just hear to covee our injuries to our pack with Mellor and Donaldson both out now for a chunk of the season it makes sense to me for the club to give him a contract for remainder of season.Ward and Crosby who knows if they'll play again never mind this season, L.Sutcliffe is just about to come back from injury and imo and many others it seems he's not good enough to be in our 17 and is on his way out of the club anyway. So our back rowe options are short with just Martin, A.Sutcliffe, Smith,(more of a 13), Walters (yet to make his debut and still young and will get a chance to prove himself), O'Connor( same as Walters) and now Thompson so I think the club have brought Thompson in at the right time to cover us and he hasn't even played for us yet he could be a solid addition to us lets wait and see when he was at NZ Warriors in NRL he was a decent second rower and was close to being in the NZ national team.

Agreed

rhinos12497 wrote:
rhinos12497 Stevo's Armpit

I think we should at least give him chance to show what he can do before he gets slated on social media!

Steves wrote:
Steves Stevo's Armpit

rhinos12497 wrote:
I think we should at least give him chance to show what he can do before he gets slated on social media!

Agreed.
80% of people on this site have him written off before he had laced his boots. We could sign the entire Aussie pack and we would still write them off! Come on give the lad a chance.

User avatarant1 wrote:
ant1 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

We don't need to sign "never have beens", give the academy guys a chance of first team action for the rest of the season. What's the worst that can happen? There's no relegation. Give the young guns some essential game time and assess their potential for 2021.

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

rhinos12497 wrote:

Well said.

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

ant1 wrote:
We don't need to sign "never have beens", give the academy guys a chance of first team action for the rest of the season. What's the worst that can happen? There's no relegation. Give the young guns some essential game time and assess their potential for 2021.

The kids will get games this season have you seen the fixture list when we get into October/November it would be stupid to go into them without utilising a full squad
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

christopher wrote:
The kids will get games this season have you seen the fixture list when we get into October/November it would be stupid to go into them without utilising a full squad

Problem is theyve nowhere else to play. Its ok saying they will play in Oct/Nov, they wont have played for 7 or 8 months by then and thats why they need game time now. In fact Sam Walters hasnt played since February so could be 9 months for him.

rugbyleague88 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Problem is theyve nowhere else to play. Its ok saying they will play in Oct/Nov, they wont have played for 7 or 8 months by then and thats why they need game time now. In fact Sam Walters hasnt played since February so could be 9 months for him.

This. The odd game here is not enough. I want these youngsters playing 80% of the remaining games.
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

rugbyleague88 wrote:
This. The odd game here is not enough. I want these youngsters playing 80% of the remaining games.

They cant physically do 80% of the games. They have to be brought thru gradually especially forwards.

Seth wrote:
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

9 months without a game is damaging for a players development, I really hope we see these players soon as dropping them in in October is not great planning
PreviousNext