WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Contracts thread
Re: Contracts thread Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:00 pm  

User avatarSaint Simon wrote:
Saint Simon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:29 am
Posts: 12189
Location: where ever i am
St pete wrote:
A current in form saint is in advanced talks about a new deal. The are NRL clubs interested but the player wants to stay and the club want him to stay so it all looks good.

:HIGHFIVE:
Re: Contracts thread Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:21 pm  

User avatarSaintsFan wrote:
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:43 pm
Posts: 16170
Location: Somewhere other than here
St pete wrote:
A current in form saint is in advanced talks about a new deal. The are NRL clubs interested but the player wants to stay and the club want him to stay so it all looks good.

Well, I know from reading the Star today that Sia is in talks and he definitely wants to stay. Apparently St Helens offers a slower pace of life than Sydney (whodathunkit?) and he prefers it that way.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
Re: Contracts thread Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:31 pm  

User avatarSaint Simon wrote:
Saint Simon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:29 am
Posts: 12189
Location: where ever i am
SaintsFan wrote:
Well, I know from reading the Star today

think about what you've just written ! that rag knows only slightly more than the reporter that knows less than nothing.

You know what Saints want the Star to know
Re: Contracts thread Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 pm  

User avatarSaintsFan wrote:
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:43 pm
Posts: 16170
Location: Somewhere other than here
Saint Simon wrote:
think about what you've just written ! that rag knows only slightly more than the reporter that knows less than nothing.
You know what Saints want the Star to know

You're paranoid.

So far, whenever a Saints player has said that he is in talks with Saints to the Star, that has been exactly the case.
They are in talks. He hasn't signed up.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
Re: Contracts thread Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:15 pm  

User avatarSaint Simon wrote:
Saint Simon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:29 am
Posts: 12189
Location: where ever i am
SaintsFan wrote:
You're paranoid.

So far, whenever a Saints player has said that he is in talks with Saints to the Star, that has been exactly the case.
They are in talks. He hasn't signed up.


"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me" :wink:
Re: Contracts thread Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:45 pm  
St_Cunningham_no9 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:47 pm
Posts: 393
Location: Warrington
Saint Simon wrote:
"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me" :wink:


You hear the voices too :wink:
Never Write Off The Saints
Re: Contracts thread Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:31 pm  

bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:43 pm
Posts: 8938
Location: Leeds
St pete wrote:
I certainly think four years is to long for Dixon.


Let's not get carried away here, he's started the season off very well but I'm seeing the old saints trait of compering him to ex great saints backrows. He's not anywhere near the quality of a young joynt or a young gilmour at this current time.

Let's see how he goes and let him develop without putting so much pressure on him.

Over the past three years he's showed glimpse of being decent player but st time he's looked below average (as Royce has said).

I'd wait until mid season and see how he's playing, if he continues this form id give him a two year deal.



I did say given current form, I wouldn't expect us to sign him before more than half the season, same for Wheeler. 4 years maybe too much but I think 2 is too short. A good player on a 2 year deal tends to develop and then sod off. Although not Joynty yet in 2 years he maybe closer to it and then we'll have to be laying off bigger bucks to keep other preditors at bay.

Bit like Eastmond a 2 year deal, just mean renegotiation after 6 month for a good player as other clubs come hawking round.
Re: Contracts thread Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:30 pm  

User avatarSaddened! wrote:
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Posts: 28243
Location: Warrington
Has anyone checked the small print on Lance's deal? Maybe we can find a loophole?
Re: Contracts thread Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:40 pm  

bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:43 pm
Posts: 8938
Location: Leeds
Saddened! wrote:
Has anyone checked the small print on Lance's deal? Maybe we can find a loophole?



Lance runs around most loops from what I've seen and ends up back where he started.
Re: Contracts thread Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:52 pm  

User avatarsaintcj wrote:
saintcj User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:33 pm
Posts: 1812
Lets not forget Gareth Ellis is coming to Saints :PRAY:
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to St. Helens - saints.org.uk - Saints Heritage Site


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,118,6331,31578,4374,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X