JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 11 200520 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jan 14 20:1426th Jul 13 19:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Never liked Kevin Costner, or any other Robbing Hood!!!!

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 am  
The conversation might have been like this:
Part one - some time in the last few weeks

CC: Brian, We are in the poo and have no paddle. Could you help if we need you?
BN: Sure, I love the club and will do what I can.
CC: OK I'll let the insolvency practicioner know, just incase he some how becomes our administrator.

No mention of what he'll be doing, just an intention to help if he can

Then - part 2: Somtime on Monday

BG: Hi Brian, Chris mentioned your offer to help the club.
BN: Sure brendon, how can i help?
BG: Well, I ve just had to let most of the staff go as we've no cash, and I could do withn somebody who knows the club, and is respected by the players, to act as a coach / director of rugby, to act as a conduit between me and the playing staff.
BN: That sounds fine, how big is the salary?
BG: No salary nobby, you need to do this for your love of the club.
BN: NO worries, I'll drop Fran a line, he knows the lads and I am sure I can work with him.
BG: OK, I'll pop into Tong at 10am tomorow and introduce you to the players. Thanks again!

Part three MOnday , late PM

BN: Hi Brendon, some tolls have been giving my lad some stick, and there's some real gloits ont he forums giving me the dogs abuse. I grew up in Bradford and still call it home, I served as a player and a police officer in the city and I was the most successful coach the club ever had, but these 2@s are going to make my life a misery. I dont need it!
BG: have a think Brian, take a couple of days. But we could do with you before the london game.
BN: OK Brendon, Ill get back to you when I've briefed the media.
BG: OK, got to go, Ive got to try and get in touch with the players as theres no need to meet now. How am I going to do that? these players are so illusive. How can i getb their numbers? How do I use twitter? where's the nearest payphone?
BN: speak soon Bren
BG: Cheers, Bye!
RankPostsTeam
International Star346No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 18 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Oct 12 11:529th Oct 12 07:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:21 am  
Ferocious Aardvark wrote:
Let's be clear. Noble said he was asked on Monday, which he was. You threw in a bald one-line claim that he was not telling the truth:
...thus calling Noble a liar and saying he was asked to do a job before there was a job.

Your claim was not that he had "been lined up", or sounded out or anything less, but that he had been asked on the previous Thursday, and not as he said on the Monday after the sackings.

Now you are backtracking and moving on to whether Noble had been approached, or sounded out, but that is a completely different thing, as well you know. There;s no doubt that the administrator will (obviously) have discussed all sorts of options with all sorts of people. But you are changing the subject. You are just getting your knickers twisted trying to pretend you have an inside line into both the personal discussions of Noble and indeed into the mind of the administrator..

"They never thought for a second Potter would agree" is another such ludicrous claim to insider knowledge. You have no clue what they thought. But even if all that were true, they STILL cannot have asked Nobby to be the unpaid coach before Monday, as until Potter refused and then was 'made redundant' (sic), there was no vacancy.

:lol: :CRAZY:
.. indeed - except you say he had already been asked and had agreed, to take a job which wasn't vacant! Stop being ridiculous. Or are you now claiming that when Noble "was asked on Thursday" to do the coaching job for free, he wasn't told, and didn't ask, just exactly how there would be a vacancy, given his friend MP was the current coach?

haha, I often chuckle at your replies and probably shouldnt waste my time replying, however....

If you want to discuss semantics, its probably better that you read what was posted correctly. I stated noble was asked on thurs, that is simple. I didnt claim he was offered to start immediatley, but was asked. which he was. at that point, im pretty sure potter was told of the redundency on fri although not 100% on this. funny that is all fits nicely isnt it.

and guess what, just because there wasnt a vacancy, doesnt mean that he cant be offered the role. i love your certainty- he WASNT asked until monday. They CANNOT have asked. you are very confident, so confident in fact im wondering what you are basing this on. clearly your not STUPID enough to simply base this on media reports? are you? or are you?
RankPostsTeam
International Star346No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 18 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 am  
vbfg wrote:
But plenty are, and nobody knows you from Adam.

if you look back over certain peoples posts, it is evident they had prior knowledge of events coming up. and that they werent simply posting random rumours.
vbfg 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7594
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 09 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th May 21 08:5914th May 21 08:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:33 am  
I'm sure that's true. It's only this week that I've allowed myself to pay any attention to this again at all.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200223 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 20:2424th Oct 19 15:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:38 am  
slideby, haven't you got a faked moon landings seminar to attend?

guess what, just because there wasnt a vacancy, doesnt mean that he cant be offered the role.

It does, though. That's precisely what it means. The only way it could be otherwise is if Guilfoyle was going to sack Potter, in any event. Otherwise, only hypothetical discussions could (and I have no doubt did) take place.

To fit your claim, it would need to be true that, even if Potter had agreed to work for no pay, Guilfoyle would still have sacked him. In other words, utter bollox, because plainly, he wouldn't.

This has run its course, but briefly, you are only resorting to semantics to pathetically try to wriggle out of what you posted, and your claim that not only Noble, but now Guilfoyle and Potter himself are lying and in fact Potter was sacked on Friday not Monday indicates to me you should be left alone in your own fantasy world, where everyone is a liar, and only you know the truth.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200223 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:59 am  
topbombing wrote:
BN was asked on Thursday if he would consider taking over the coaching reins on an expenses basis only as they needed to get rid of all coaching staff.

I see. So like the other chap, you are also claiming that the offer to Potter to stay and work for nothing was a sham, and if he had said "yes", they would have told him, "actually, no, we didn't mean it, off you go".

OK.

topbombing wrote:
...He asked that one be kept on and that he would do it as long as the whole thing was handled correctly (as he was mates with Potter).

Er, this is Noble's own account, not yours. The one quoted on Monday in the press.

topbombing wrote:
Noble asked Cummins on Monday if he would stay on. He knew what was happening last week. Noble has never said he only found out on Monday as far as I'm aware.

Well then, let me increase your awareness. I will even do so without pay.

Guardian report
Noble returned to the country only on Monday after a six-week break in Australia and Fiji. That coincided with a morning of the long knives at Odsal, as the administrator laid off 16 members of Bradford's off-field staff including the head coach, Mick Potter.

"The administrator phoned me up, told me the situation and asked if I could help out for a while, maybe until the end of the season," Noble told the Guardian. "As a Bradfordian through and through who's been made a freeman of the city, and having spent 35 years at the club, I said 'yes'. That's been my only motive whatsoever, to try and help out."

He confirmed that he had immediately approached Francis Cummins . . . .
We know that this approach was made on Monday, so there is the second confirmation (the first being the plain wording of the article that Guilfoyle made the sackings , then told Noble of the "situation"

... to work alongside him. "You need a thread to keep it going," Noble said. "I know Franny, he's a good guy and a good coach who is going to be a head coach himself. And I couldn't do it by myself anyway, there would just have been too much to do.

If you want specific nailed-down confirmation, though, here it is:
"I actually left him a message and then he left me a message back saying that, with everything that had happened, he didn't think he could do it. We did speak later in the night and that's the way it was left, but by that stage they'd had the supporters' meeting when Mick said there was some kind of conspiracy theory going on. Do you know what, I don't need that. There's no kind of conspiracy.

Next, Potter himself dates the call from Noble to Cummins as on the Monday too;
T&A report
“This afternoon Franny Cummins received a phone call from Brian Noble, asking him to work at the Bulls because he needed some help and would Francis do that,” said Potter.

“He sent it as a message so Francis didn’t return the call.

This corresponds 100% with what Noble said, and what Cummins said.

Or maybe now you are going to say that Potter and Cummings are also lying about when these calls etc took place? Maybe the T&A, the Guardian, and all the media and all the fans have conspired to pretend the fans meeting was on Monday, but really it was the previous Friday? :roll:
topbombing wrote:
BN was asked on Thursday if he would consider taking over the coaching reins on an expenses basis only as they needed to get rid of all coaching staff.

I see. So like the other chap, you are also claiming that the offer to Potter to stay and work for nothing was a sham, and if he had said "yes", they would have told him, "actually, no, we didn't mean it, off you go".

OK.

topbombing wrote:
...He asked that one be kept on and that he would do it as long as the whole thing was handled correctly (as he was mates with Potter).

Er, this is Noble's own account, not yours. The one quoted on Monday in the press.

topbombing wrote:
Noble asked Cummins on Monday if he would stay on. He knew what was happening last week. Noble has never said he only found out on Monday as far as I'm aware.

Well then, let me increase your awareness. I will even do so without pay.

Guardian report
Noble returned to the country only on Monday after a six-week break in Australia and Fiji. That coincided with a morning of the long knives at Odsal, as the administrator laid off 16 members of Bradford's off-field staff including the head coach, Mick Potter.

"The administrator phoned me up, told me the situation and asked if I could help out for a while, maybe until the end of the season," Noble told the Guardian. "As a Bradfordian through and through who's been made a freeman of the city, and having spent 35 years at the club, I said 'yes'. That's been my only motive whatsoever, to try and help out."

He confirmed that he had immediately approached Francis Cummins . . . .
We know that this approach was made on Monday, so there is the second confirmation (the first being the plain wording of the article that Guilfoyle made the sackings , then told Noble of the "situation"

... to work alongside him. "You need a thread to keep it going," Noble said. "I know Franny, he's a good guy and a good coach who is going to be a head coach himself. And I couldn't do it by myself anyway, there would just have been too much to do.

If you want specific nailed-down confirmation, though, here it is:
"I actually left him a message and then he left me a message back saying that, with everything that had happened, he didn't think he could do it. We did speak later in the night and that's the way it was left, but by that stage they'd had the supporters' meeting when Mick said there was some kind of conspiracy theory going on. Do you know what, I don't need that. There's no kind of conspiracy.

Next, Potter himself dates the call from Noble to Cummins as on the Monday too;
T&A report
“This afternoon Franny Cummins received a phone call from Brian Noble, asking him to work at the Bulls because he needed some help and would Francis do that,” said Potter.

“He sent it as a message so Francis didn’t return the call.

This corresponds 100% with what Noble said, and what Cummins said.

Or maybe now you are going to say that Potter and Cummings are also lying about when these calls etc took place? Maybe the T&A, the Guardian, and all the media and all the fans have conspired to pretend the fans meeting was on Monday, but really it was the previous Friday? :roll:
RankPostsTeam
International Star346No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 18 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 am  
FA, i like your use of quotes again. Just to clarify, are you confirming that you are STUPID enough to rely on journalism?I am taking it as confirmation, as all of your arguements are based on newspaper articles.

your quotes above dont seem to show noble saying he was contacted on monday. do you have any quotes saying that?
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200223 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 am  
slideby wrote:
FA, i like your use of quotes again. Just to clarify, are you confirming that you are STUPID enough to rely on journalism?I am taking it as confirmation, as all of your arguements are based on newspaper articles.

Sadly, I don't have a big-mouthed loose-tongued friend who is bezzy mates and a close confidant of Nobby, but who is prepared to betray that trust to thoughtless toerag mates who in turn want to seek kudos by in turn betraying that confidence on a public forum.

As apart from nutters claiming to have such "mates", we are all going on the quotes we have read in the press. The fact that people bullshit and the fact that many articles are unreliable is a generalisation. There is no reasonable doubt about these particular quotes on this particular subject from Guilfoyle, Potter, Cummins and Noble, as they are all reported as saying the same thing, by different journalists, in different publications.

your quotes above dont seem to show noble saying he was contacted on monday. do you have any quotes saying that?

You need to learn to read, as they clearly do. But why ask, since surely it would be STUPID of you to rely on any such?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12310
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 03 200618 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 23 12:493rd Feb 23 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:45 am  
Imagine this is like listening Caisley and Hood squabbling over who's right about a completely insignificant thing when the club comes crashing down around us.

What are you two trying to achieve here?
RankPostsTeam
International Star346No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 18 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Brian Noble : Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:00 pm  
Ferocious Aardvark wrote:
Sadly, I don't have a big-mouthed loose-tongued friend who is bezzy mates and a close confidant of Nobby, but who is prepared to betray that trust to thoughtless toerag mates who in turn want to seek kudos by in turn betraying that confidence on a public forum.

As apart from nutters claiming to have such "mates", we are all going on the quotes we have read in the press. The fact that people bullshit and the fact that many articles are unreliable is a generalisation. There is no reasonable doubt about these particular quotes on this particular subject from Guilfoyle, Potter, Cummins and Noble, as they are all reported as saying the same thing, by different journalists, in different publications.

You need to learn to read, as they clearly do. But why ask, since surely it would be STUPID of you to rely on any such?

So to clarify, you are STUPID enough to rely on a newspaper article. Then call people nutters and toerags who dont simply rely on these newspaper articles. I see.

My reading is fine. Where in the direct QUOTE you used, does it say 'I was contacted on Monday'. I am happy to rely on direct quotes as these are goverened closer by our glorious libel laws Or could the said quote be followed be journalistic comment giving the impression it was on Monday? No wait, wait. What am i thinking. it must be the another consipiracy theory I have. Journalists CANNOT, COULDNT possibly word an article using quotes to give the reader an impression that is not 100% accurate, that would be impossible.
PreviousNext