Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Signings 2020
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Evans is back upto his usual tricks then I see.

Flanagan is the reason opposition find an extra gear against Bradford, absolute bell on the field screaming and shouting and fist pumping infront of players.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:30 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Oakes didn't get picked when Evans was fit, at least not in the 3/4's. Don't get me wrong, I like Oakes a good player already with the potential to be better but he isn't at Evans' level for me.

Ryan back on the wing is a no brainer as soon as we have a FB fit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:48 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Binosh wrote:Evans is back upto his usual tricks then I see.

Flanagan is the reason opposition find an extra gear against Bradford, absolute bell on the field screaming and shouting and fist pumping infront of players.

I know Flanagan is an 'in your face' sort of player who enjoys winding up the opposition but he's hardly responsible for other clubs wanting to 'do us down'. This went on long before George made an appearance and is nothing more than our due as one of 'the big boys' who has fallen on hard times. I know, as we all know and freely admit, that we're not famous anymore but we're likely to remain the choice scalp for all clubs for some time yet - whether George stays at the club or not.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:54 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

So long as Flanno is scoring tries, I couldn't care less.

"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:05 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I feel a lot more confident of a try if George is on the field

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:53 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Betsy Bulls wrote:I feel a lot more confident of a try if George is on the field

Especially for games like tomorrow's match with Halifax and the fact they've got Mitch Clark on loan. He's a solid player, but he's got a short fuse and Flanagan will play him like a fiddle and will likely win us more than one penalty against him

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:41 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Binosh wrote:Evans is back upto his usual tricks then I see.

Every team has at least 1 player who does that.

It's the fake head rubs after an error, trying to force a reaction and increase the error to a penalty that always annoys me. And all teams do that.

Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:19 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

The issue with Flanagan for me is that he does whatever comes into his head at that particular moment. That scoot from dummy half for instance. I think he overplays that when getting quick ball to the halves is a better idea.

What might have worked at L1 isn't guaranteed to be as effective in the championship.

"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:40 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I think some of these posters above might be changing their minds about Flanagan after today!!
Bloody idiot, I would give him a few weeks off for that, at least. Get Doyle in and let him have a few games.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:58 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Nothus wrote:I think some of these posters above might be changing their minds about Flanagan after today!!
Bloody idiot, I would give him a few weeks off for that, at least. Get Doyle in and let him have a few games.

I don't think anyone will beat Flanagan up over the yellow card that Flanagan himself. He was clearly furious with himself for getting carded

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com