Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:16 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 313
Something is right here, I believe the bulls tried to sign a youngster sometime in July/August and was refused as they where in special measures, so my question is how long have they been in special measures and how long will they remain in special measures, surely it don’t take this long to sort out, are we in financial trouble because if not then surely we need to be seeking legal advice because if Bradford bulls are a business then there must be a constraint of trading here, especially when it don’t take any and I mean any other club this long to get things sorted

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:27 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 am
Posts: 5879
Molsk111 wrote:Something is right here, I believe the bulls tried to sign a youngster sometime in July/August and was refused as they where in special measures, so my question is how long have they been in special measures and how long will they remain in special measures, surely it don’t take this long to sort out, are we in financial trouble because if not then surely we need to be seeking legal advice because if Bradford bulls are a business then there must be a constraint of trading here, especially when it don’t take any and I mean any other club this long to get things sorted


Widnes have been in special measures the entire season and were only taken out of it last week. So doesn't bode well for us.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:01 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Posts: 3135
Once it gets to a point where the players we want to retain are unable to wait any longer and sign with other clubs, THEN we'll come out of special measures

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5463
Location: Bradford
Molsk111 wrote:Something is right here, I believe the bulls tried to sign a youngster sometime in July/August and was refused as they where in special measures, so my question is how long have they been in special measures and how long will they remain in special measures, surely it don’t take this long to sort out, are we in financial trouble because if not then surely we need to be seeking legal advice because if Bradford bulls are a business then there must be a constraint of trading here, especially when it don’t take any and I mean any other club this long to get things sorted


I might be wrong here but I don't think the earlier incident you mention was a result of us being in special measures.

At the start of the season each club agrees a budget with the rfl that they will spend on their playing squad. If at any point during the season the club wishes to exceed this budget, then they need to be able to prove that they have the funds to do so otherwise the rfl won't sanction the deal. So as long as you remain under the originally agreed figure, you can still sign players.
Special measures is different. This is where the rfl have concerns over finances and put a block on any signings being made.

So I think the signing was blocked earlier in the season because we went over our budget, not because we were in special measures.

I could be wrong though!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:32 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8328
Didn't you have another memeber of staff posting on Twitter saying he had worked his backside off this season only to find out he wouldn't be getting paid?







"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:48 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:59 am
Posts: 481
Location: South of Ilkley
[quote="Greg Florimos Boots"]Didn't you have another memeber of staff posting on Twitter saying he had worked his backside off this season only to find out he wouldn't be getting paid?[/quote]
Behave yourself; also head of Hudds R U apptly who have gone bust. Which I am sure you knew as you follow these threads closely.






INAUGURAL CUP PREDICTIONS WINNER 2013:JOINT WINNER PREDICTIONS LEAGUE 2017


Last edited by tackler thommo on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:49 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Posts: 2482
Location: Bradford
Nothus wrote:I might be wrong here but I don't think the earlier incident you mention was a result of us being in special measures.

At the start of the season each club agrees a budget with the rfl that they will spend on their playing squad. If at any point during the season the club wishes to exceed this budget, then they need to be able to prove that they have the funds to do so otherwise the rfl won't sanction the deal. So as long as you remain under the originally agreed figure, you can still sign players.
Special measures is different. This is where the rfl have concerns over finances and put a block on any signings being made.

So I think the signing was blocked earlier in the season because we went over our budget, not because we were in special measures.

I could be wrong though!


There was an issue with Joe Brown. We seemed to release George Milton about the same time, so I assume we were right on our cap limit and had to let Milton go to free up space.

The lack of transparency/conflicting stories on the rest of it means we just have to speculate....






Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:51 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:55 pm
Posts: 7028
Location: LS9
Bad news coming out of Fax I hear. Having to massively revise budgets downward and asking staff and players to take a paycut. I made all that up but pass it on anyway.






//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:19 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 366
Highlander wrote:There was an issue with Joe Brown. We seemed to release George Milton about the same time, so I assume we were right on our cap limit and had to let Milton go to free up space.

The lack of transparency/conflicting stories on the rest of it means we just have to speculate....


Milton left on his own terms to take up an opputunity away from the game. It wasnt related to the salary cap.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special measures
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:21 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 366
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:Didn't you have another memeber of staff posting on Twitter saying he had worked his backside off this season only to find out he wouldn't be getting paid?


Can one of our mods please ban/block this clown from our page please?

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next





It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:52 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BullinLancs and 50 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:52 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,968,77288577,8584,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





19

.