WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Charity Shops
Charity Shops Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:20 am  

User avatarex Bull Dog wrote:
ex Bull Dog User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I'm giving serious thought to giving my old shirts to a charity shop but I want them to go somewhere where someone might actually buy them with a view to wearing them. There's only a couple I ever wear so they're taking up space. So I was wondering if there were any charity shops (to anyone's knowledge) that were known for getting old shirts. I'll be making a trip to Bradford especially (might go see some relatives as well :) ) so want to pick a good shop so to speak!

This is nothing to do with the current situation, not cutting ties or anything. Also not related to the new shirt post, I just know I'm not going to wear them anymore and I want the space back.
Re: Charity Shops Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:25 am  

User avatarBull Mania wrote:
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I'm not sure if you still can, but you use to be able to drop your old shirts at the club shop, they then donated them to Joe Keyes Dad who works with the foundation Kit for Africa. He reguarly posts updates and pictures of his work of Kids over there wearing Bulls shirts. Presume you could drop them off at the foundation office if they still do it.
Re: Charity Shops Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 pm  

ex Bull Dog User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Bull Mania wrote:
I'm not sure if you still can, but you use to be able to drop your old shirts at the club shop, they then donated them to Joe Keyes Dad who works with the foundation Kit for Africa. He reguarly posts updates and pictures of his work of Kids over there wearing Bulls shirts. Presume you could drop them off at the foundation office if they still do it.

Even better, if that's still up and running
Re: Charity Shops Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:35 pm  

User avatarFr13daY wrote:
Fr13daY User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Maybe drop them off at Hull KRs office instead, to save him the journey....
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Re: Charity Shops Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:36 pm  

ex Bull Dog User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fr13daY wrote:
Maybe drop them off at Hull KRs office instead, to save him the journey....

could also do that on boxing day :)
Re: Charity Shops Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:05 pm  

User avatarDILLIGAF wrote:
DILLIGAF User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bull Mania wrote:

I have nearly 30 years of shirts that I've been thinking about getting rid of too recently as the wardrobe they're stored in is soon to be thrown out. The idea of giving them to a charity like this specifically for sports shirts sounds like it could be a good fit.

If anyone knows for sure if it's still happening or how you go about getting them to the chap, then all info appreciated.
The views in this post are mine and mine alone. Unless stated otherwise, they do not reflect the views of any company or entity I am associated with.
Re: Charity Shops Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:09 pm  

Betsy Bulls wrote:
Betsy Bulls Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

He works at Huddersfield town foundation, I see him there. I’ve sent them via him before. I can ask him on Twitter if you all want?
Re: Charity Shops Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:26 am  

User avatarMicktheGled wrote:
MicktheGled User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The Kits For Africa Footprints charity is still running.

If anyone has any donations then can you contact John Keyes on Twitter and he will arrange to pick them up.

@keyzee66‬ is his twitter account.
Re: Charity Shops Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:44 pm  

ex Bull Dog User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I'm off past the club offices later this week, might be easier to drop them off there if they pass them onto to Keyes senior

Thanks for the advice