Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Toulouse experience



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Toulouse experience
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:21 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 4273
rollin thunder wrote:Jeez have you not been to leeds since 1995, leeds has all that going in for more than the last 10 years, leeds changed massively since kate 90’s



Jean hasn't been to Leeds in 15 years. I am from Leeds and worked in Leeds city centre 2011-2018.

Prior to 2013 Leeds didn't have trinity, Victoria gate, an arena, an escape rooms, boxing hadn't happened in the city for years and Leeds wouldn't have been likely to host sports personality of the year. So no, Leeds hasn't had all that going for it in more than 10 years.

You're welcome.






"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toulouse experience
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:12 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:07 pm
Posts: 191
Leeds also the highest rate of knife crime outside London






Years in existence and average attendance

Leigh Centurions - 100+ years / Circa 3k
Wakefield Wildcats - 100+ years / Circa 4k
Toronto Wolfpack - 3 years / 9k

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toulouse experience
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:29 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14818
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
Steph Curry wrote:Leeds also the highest rate of knife crime outside London

Not anymore. Manchester has overtaken.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toulouse experience
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:15 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 10936
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
Towns88 wrote:Wow,

Sounds expensive? Well fear not, there's still the Duncan , general Elliot, 3 legs and horse and trumpet if you like a bit of rough and a cheaper pint.

A massively improved city.



Wow, you have just spiked a memory. with the GE.
Now, you are talking a top class sh!thole..... But sometimes sh!tholes are a bit more interesting and entertaining than your regular run of the mill.
Had been propping the Novotel hotel bar up, day and night for all of the 23rd and 24th of December imbibing large vodka and fresh oranges.
A young Russian barmaid had been keeping me company and we'd been making each other chuckle, wiling past the hours. She was a good kid because she took it upon herself to only charge me for every other glass she slid across the bar to me. :D
Woke up Xmas morning and I'm showered, downstairs and back on my perch at the bar at 10am.
Had 3 or 4 pints and thinking, I've gotta make the effort to move/ find another boozer.
Walks down the canal towards the centre and it's proper p!ss!ng down and place is an absolute ghost town, deserted. I just remember the flashing of the traffic lights in the drizzle and not a soul in sight.
Walks round in circles for half an hour looking for any sign of life and finally there's some bloke across the road, stood at a doorway, puffing on a fag.
'Is that a boozer mate?' I shouts across the street to him.
'Yes mate,' comes the reply.
Result I'm thinking. :)
Have had the experience once or twice before, but rarely, and I'm thinking, fook me, what have I just walked into here. :lol:
Place is rammed, blokes only, sat in big groups round tables.
Put my head down, undaunted, and weaved my way to the bar and ordered a bitter.... Managed to find a stool in the corner near the window as far out of the way as I could get!
2 or 3 pints later I'm heading back to my stool and one of about eight blokes sat around the nearest table shouts over to me, 'are you a cod'ead'?
Now it's hardly rocket science seeing as I'm sporting the three crowns on my Hull FC kagool.
'Yes mate' I fires straight back.
'What u doing in here?' he asks.
'Just fancied a change of scenery' I replied.
'You best come and join us then' he replies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I was still in there at 10pm after they'd regaled stories of their obvious criminal activities interspersed with tales of their time spent in Hull, Full Sutton and Armley prisons. :lol:
Fair play to them, they got me a cab back to my hotel when I made my excuses for departure.
It was a fairly enjoyable Xmas day and the Russian barmaid was smiling at me as I wandered back into the hotel bar with only the slightest of wobbles on. :D

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toulouse experience
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:54 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 1165
WIZEB wrote:Wow, you have just spiked a memory. with the GE.
Now, you are talking a top class sh!thole..... But sometimes sh!tholes are a bit more interesting and entertaining than your regular run of the mill.
Had been propping the Novotel hotel bar up, day and night for all of the 23rd and 24th of December imbibing large vodka and fresh oranges.
A young Russian barmaid had been keeping me company and we'd been making each other chuckle, wiling past the hours. She was a good kid because she took it upon herself to only charge me for every other glass she slid across the bar to me. :D
Woke up Xmas morning and I'm showered, downstairs and back on my perch at the bar at 10am.
Had 3 or 4 pints and thinking, I've gotta make the effort to move/ find another boozer.
Walks down the canal towards the centre and it's proper p!ss!ng down and place is an absolute ghost town, deserted. I just remember the flashing of the traffic lights in the drizzle and not a soul in sight.
Walks round in circles for half an hour looking for any sign of life and finally there's some bloke across the road, stood at a doorway, puffing on a fag.
'Is that a boozer mate?' I shouts across the street to him.
'Yes mate,' comes the reply.
Result I'm thinking. :)
Have had the experience once or twice before, but rarely, and I'm thinking, fook me, what have I just walked into here. :lol:
Place is rammed, blokes only, sat in big groups round tables.
Put my head down, undaunted, and weaved my way to the bar and ordered a bitter.... Managed to find a stool in the corner near the window as far out of the way as I could get!
2 or 3 pints later I'm heading back to my stool and one of about eight blokes sat around the nearest table shouts over to me, 'are you a cod'ead'?
Now it's hardly rocket science seeing as I'm sporting the three crowns on my Hull FC kagool.
'Yes mate' I fires straight back.
'What u doing in here?' he asks.
'Just fancied a change of scenery' I replied.
'You best come and join us then' he replies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I was still in there at 10pm after they'd regaled stories of their obvious criminal activities interspersed with tales of their time spent in Hull, Full Sutton and Armley prisons. :lol:
Fair play to them, they got me a cab back to my hotel when I made my excuses for departure.
It was a fairly enjoyable Xmas day and the Russian barmaid was smiling at me as I wandered back into the hotel bar with only the slightest of wobbles on. :D

Don't know how much truth there was in this, but it was certainly a good read :D

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toulouse experience
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:11 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 4273
WIZEB wrote:Wow, you have just spiked a memory. with the GE.
Now, you are talking a top class sh!thole..... But sometimes sh!tholes are a bit more interesting and entertaining than your regular run of the mill.
Had been propping the Novotel hotel bar up, day and night for all of the 23rd and 24th of December imbibing large vodka and fresh oranges.
A young Russian barmaid had been keeping me company and we'd been making each other chuckle, wiling past the hours. She was a good kid because she took it upon herself to only charge me for every other glass she slid across the bar to me. :D
Woke up Xmas morning and I'm showered, downstairs and back on my perch at the bar at 10am.
Had 3 or 4 pints and thinking, I've gotta make the effort to move/ find another boozer.
Walks down the canal towards the centre and it's proper p!ss!ng down and place is an absolute ghost town, deserted. I just remember the flashing of the traffic lights in the drizzle and not a soul in sight.
Walks round in circles for half an hour looking for any sign of life and finally there's some bloke across the road, stood at a doorway, puffing on a fag.
'Is that a boozer mate?' I shouts across the street to him.
'Yes mate,' comes the reply.
Result I'm thinking. :)
Have had the experience once or twice before, but rarely, and I'm thinking, fook me, what have I just walked into here. :lol:
Place is rammed, blokes only, sat in big groups round tables.
Put my head down, undaunted, and weaved my way to the bar and ordered a bitter.... Managed to find a stool in the corner near the window as far out of the way as I could get!
2 or 3 pints later I'm heading back to my stool and one of about eight blokes sat around the nearest table shouts over to me, 'are you a cod'ead'?
Now it's hardly rocket science seeing as I'm sporting the three crowns on my Hull FC kagool.
'Yes mate' I fires straight back.
'What u doing in here?' he asks.
'Just fancied a change of scenery' I replied.
'You best come and join us then' he replies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I was still in there at 10pm after they'd regaled stories of their obvious criminal activities interspersed with tales of their time spent in Hull, Full Sutton and Armley prisons. :lol:
Fair play to them, they got me a cab back to my hotel when I made my excuses for departure.
It was a fairly enjoyable Xmas day and the Russian barmaid was smiling at me as I wandered back into the hotel bar with only the slightest of wobbles on. :D



Amazing stuff :lol: :BOW:

Sounds a perfect Christmas!!!






"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toulouse experience
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:27 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6585
Location: Carcassonne, France
Back on topic.

In response to the original post: yes, visiting Toulouse is a great experience for an Englishman.






Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toulouse experience
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:53 am 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 pm
Posts: 89
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:Back on topic.

In response to the original post: yes, visiting Toulouse is a great experience for an Englishman.

How thw fark would you know you ozzy caaant?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toulouse experience
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:55 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 10936
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
little wayne69 wrote:Don't know how much truth there was in this, but it was certainly a good read :D


Unfortunately, or fortunately as the case my be, its gospel.
The lads told me to come round the back of the pub ion Boxing day.
Said they would be open from 10am starting in a room upstairs before they went down to the bar a bit later.
I never made it on the strength I was still up till 4 in the morning boozing with the Russian, a male barman from Murcia in Spain and a very cute Cuban young lady who was on reception. :D

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4





It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:08 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Ask, Exiled down south, Fax Machine, Google [Bot], homme vaste, LeedsLurch, Leyther14, Little Ivor, mrpurfect, newport dave, Paddyfc, roopy, Saddened!, spartakmixtapes, Steph Curry, TimperleySaint and 241 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:08 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,976,7181,70477,8824,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 16th Nov 07:30
GB
PNG
v
GB LIONS
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 16:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Thu 6th Feb 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2

.