Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace 2019 Player Ins & Outs

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 128  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:52 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Raggytash wrote:Not just stats no. But being in the SL dream team twice as both a centre and a winger, and coming either 4th or 5th in the running for man of steel, starting 71 NRL games playing both centre and wing kind of suggests he can actually tackle. Rovers fans (and no-one else so far) suggesting otherwise are pretty transparent. Bitter and jealous.

Just take a look back on your own forum a couple of years ago there where plenty of your OWN supporters that said he couldn’t tackle no bitterness from me I’m just saying it as I see it

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:57 pm 
Strong-running second rower

fun time frankie wrote:Just take a look back on your own forum a couple of years ago there where plenty of your OWN supporters that said he couldn’t tackle no bitterness from me I’m just saying it as I see it

Looking up from the bottom of SL ready to watch cast offs from other bottom sides?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:00 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

fun time frankie wrote:Just take a look back on your own forum a couple of years ago there where plenty of your OWN supporters that said he couldn’t tackle no bitterness from me I’m just saying it as I see it

I'm not convinced there's many of those. I'm impressed you've scoured the Hull threads 2 years back though. You're even saltier than I thought! We've had plenty of backs that can't tackle. The likes of Hall and Crooks were absolute turnstyles. You wouldn't even comment if jealousy wasn't involved. When you signed Linnet, due to watching him in the NRL I posted that he was a plodder. Watching him this season I'm happy to admit I was wrong. Try it sometime.

The words of fools mean nothing to one who resides in the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:20 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Raggytash wrote:I'm not convinced there's many of those. I'm impressed you've scoured the Hull threads 2 years back though. You're even saltier than I thought! We've had plenty of backs that can't tackle. The likes of Hall and Crooks were absolute turnstyles. You wouldn't even comment if jealousy wasn't involved. When you signed Linnet, due to watching him in the NRL I posted that he was a plodder. Watching him this season I'm happy to admit I was wrong. Try it sometime.

I think Fonoa will certainly get the bums on seats and some excitement into the new season, strong runner, good try scorer and a cult hero to boot. The only issue I'd have if I was a Hull fan would be if you really need to spend Maquee money in an area you already look pretty good in. I'd have thought that would've been reserved for a prop and a 2nd rower.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:23 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The Parcell, Lunt, Lui, Tui merry go round.
I cant see it as anything but a plus for us, we are badly in need of a hooker and for what ever reason Lunt wasn't playing so we've strengthened. Has this deal strengthened Leeds at all? Lui / Tui look very similar to me just that Lui has forged a good partnership with Hastings, will the same happen with Myler?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:29 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

barham red wrote:The Parcell, Lunt, Lui, Tui merry go round.
I cant see it as anything but a plus for us, we are badly in need of a hooker and for what ever reason Lunt wasn't playing so we've strengthened. Has this deal strengthened Leeds at all? Lui / Tui look very similar to me just that Lui has forged a good partnership with Hastings, will the same happen with Myler?

I don't think Tui/Lui are similar at all. Not this season anyway!

"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:38 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

ryano wrote:I don't think Tui/Lui are similar at all. Not this season anyway!

Will be interesting to see if Tui looks better alongside Hastings. Not saying Lui wont come in and light up the team but he just doesn't look like the type of half back Leeds need.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:45 pm 

:cry:
barham red wrote:I think Fonoa will certainly get the bums on seats and some excitement into the new season, strong runner, good try scorer and a cult hero to boot. The only issue I'd have if I was a Hull fan would be if you really need to spend Maquee money in an area you already look pretty good in. I'd have thought that would've been reserved for a prop and a 2nd rower.

Good job he's not on marquee money then.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:59 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
barham red wrote:Will be interesting to see if Tui looks better alongside Hastings. Not saying Lui wont come in and light up the team but he just doesn't look like the type of half back Leeds need.

Thing is Lolohea May have gone fine/ok in attack if we stuck with him at HB, but his defence was shocking and he look to avoid making tackles. It’s his defence which should worry any Salford fan and whoever is defending with him on whatever edge he’s on has a lot of work on their plate.

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:15 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

IR80 wrote:Looking up from the bottom of SL ready to watch cast offs from other bottom sides?

What’s that got to do with Fonous tackling

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 128  Next

It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:23 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com