Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace 2019 Player Ins & Outs



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 128  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:17 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 pm
Posts: 7194
Location: east east hull
Raggytash wrote:I'm not convinced there's many of those. I'm impressed you've scoured the Hull threads 2 years back though. You're even saltier than I thought! We've had plenty of backs that can't tackle. The likes of Hall and Crooks were absolute turnstyles. You wouldn't even comment if jealousy wasn't involved. When you signed Linnet, due to watching him in the NRL I posted that he was a plodder. Watching him this season I'm happy to admit I was wrong. Try it sometime.

I haven’t scoured any threads just remember and I’m commenting because it’s a forum is it not






einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:21 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:36 pm
Posts: 2106
Location: Purgatory
barham red wrote:I think Fonoa will certainly get the bums on seats and some excitement into the new season, strong runner, good try scorer and a cult hero to boot. The only issue I'd have if I was a Hull fan would be if you really need to spend Maquee money in an area you already look pretty good in. I'd have thought that would've been reserved for a prop and a 2nd rower.


Quite a reasoned post, one that's hard to counter. Although our pack already looks pretty good, and with the three forwards coming I think we should be well covered.






The words of fools mean nothing to one who resides in the truth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:22 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am
Posts: 5322
IR80 wrote::cry: Good job he's not on marquee money then.


Ok, lets be pedantic, he'll be coming over as one of your top earners if not on Marquee money.

No doubt you'll tell us he's coming over for his undying love for Hull on the same wages as a trainee but he wont be so my point stands, is this the best position for Hull to invest in with the current back row 3 looking to be shipped out and having struggled at times at prop this year.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:27 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am
Posts: 5322
Raggytash wrote:Quite a reasoned post, one that's hard to counter. Although our pack already looks pretty good, and with the three forwards coming I think we should be well covered.


I was looking more forward I suppose.

Paea, Manu, Minicello, Westerman, Ellis, Hadley will all prob be going or expected too.
Green tends to miss a lot of games and even Houghtons not getting any younger.

The backs look really impressive as is and with the addition of Swift and Dawson (whos not played) then it looks pretty sorted. I'd assume Griffin will go to SR but is that making fit rather than planning to have specialists in place

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:42 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 278
barham red wrote:Ok, lets be pedantic, he'll be coming over as one of your top earners if not on Marquee money.

No doubt you'll tell us he's coming over for his undying love for Hull on the same wages as a trainee but he wont be so my point stands, is this the best position for Hull to invest in with the current back row 3 looking to be shipped out and having struggled at times at prop this year.

your point doesn't stand, as your point was he is coming as a marquee signing. Yes, he will be coming on a good wage, nice that we can afford it and know we are in the playoffs and still in the CC, not scraping around at the bottom of the table.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:48 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am
Posts: 5322
IR80 wrote:your point doesn't stand, as your point was he is coming as a marquee signing. Yes, he will be coming on a good wage, nice that we can afford it and know we are in the playoffs and still in the CC, not scraping around at the bottom of the table.


Ok it doesn't, congratulations on missing the point. Good luck on getting the 2 ruts out of your carpet

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:07 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:36 pm
Posts: 2106
Location: Purgatory
barham red wrote:I was looking more forward I suppose.

Paea, Manu, Minicello, Westerman, Ellis, Hadley will all prob be going or expected too.
Green tends to miss a lot of games and even Houghtons not getting any younger.

The backs look really impressive as is and with the addition of Swift and Dawson (whos not played) then it looks pretty sorted. I'd assume Griffin will go to SR but is that making fit rather than planning to have specialists in place


Ellis won't be going, he's almost certainly staying on. Paea, Manu, Mini and Westy are all being or have already been replaced. On this seasons form we won't miss too much with Hadley, I think Jordan Lane would start in front of him if fit anyway. We're currently trying to turn Fash into a versatile forward that can cover hooker in the unlikely event Houghton won't play 90% of games. Masi is more than capable cover at prop. I don't know if we're keeping Bowden and Green but at the moment it's looking like we'll have too many quality players to fit into the backs AND the forwards. Great times to be a Hull fan but nothing is won on paper and I'm not counting any chickens!

I'll add that all the Radford fans (myself included) will be hard pressed defending him if we have a woeful season.






The words of fools mean nothing to one who resides in the truth.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:35 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11412
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
For the benefit of Brisbane Rhino who on the Leeds board is claiming on the Lolohea thread on there that I’ve said Sinfield has messed up with his swap deal.....no I didn’t on that one as Lolohea has been a flop. What I said is that IF Sinfield has got rid of Parcell for Lunt and he DOESN’T bring in another quota signing right now then it’ll be a mistake.






"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:44 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am
Posts: 5322
Raggytash wrote:Ellis won't be going, he's almost certainly staying on. Paea, Manu, Mini and Westy are all being or have already been replaced. On this seasons form we won't miss too much with Hadley, I think Jordan Lane would start in front of him if fit anyway. We're currently trying to turn Fash into a versatile forward that can cover hooker in the unlikely event Houghton won't play 90% of games. Masi is more than capable cover at prop. I don't know if we're keeping Bowden and Green but at the moment it's looking like we'll have too many quality players to fit into the backs AND the forwards. Great times to be a Hull fan but nothing is won on paper and I'm not counting any chickens!

I'll add that all the Radford fans (myself included) will be hard pressed defending him if we have a woeful season.


To be fair to Radford, every time he looks like the wheels are falling off he turns it around and proves the anti mob wrong.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:21 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8112
Location: Sydney NSW
ThePrinter wrote:For the benefit of Brisbane Rhino who on the Leeds board is claiming on the Lolohea thread on there that I’ve said Sinfield has messed up with his swap deal.....no I didn’t on that one as Lolohea has been a flop. What I said is that IF Sinfield has got rid of Parcell for Lunt and he DOESN’T bring in another quota signing right now then it’ll be a mistake.


Well I think the point is now we do have the space we can actively look, without the free space we couldn’t have brought anyone in anyway.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 128  Next





It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:06 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Call Me God, Carisma HFC, ColD, Darwinsdad, Google [Bot], Leon Ashton, Saxy, TheButcher and 121 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:06 am

REST IN PEACE
ARCHIE BRUCE

RFL STATEMENT
--DONATE TO FUND--
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,942,2211,22977,7964,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 09:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
CANTERBURY
Fri 23rd Aug 09:00
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
PENRITH
Fri 23rd Aug 10:55
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SOUTHS
Fri 23rd Aug 19:00
 CH1
LONDON SKOLARS
v
HUNSLET
Sat 24th Aug 06:00
NRL
CRONULLA
v
NZ WARRIORS
Sat 24th Aug 08:30
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
NEWCASTLE
Sat 24th Aug 10:35
NRL
ST.GEORGE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Sat 24th Aug 15:00
CC2019
ST.HELENS
v
WARRINGTON
Sat 24th Aug 17:30
1895
SHEFFIELD
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 25th Aug 05:00
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
GOLD COAST
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2

.