WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2019 Player Ins & Outs

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace 2019 Player Ins & Outs

Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:57 pm  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Big Jim Slade wrote:
Utter balls. The clubs' circumstances changed and he appeared to have lost some of his magic so they entered into a renegotiation of his deal - these happen all the time, usually in favour of the players (longer contract, better terms etc.) but not always. On this occasion Watkins clearly declared that he'd rather try his luck elsewhere so the club have allowed him to leave, mid-contract, for free, to the NRL where he'll almost certainly be on more money. Watkins has, IMO, been treated very well by Leeds in this.

Watkins would rather try his luck elsewhere? No, Leeds were contracted to pay him a certain amount which they no longer wanted to pay him, he was good enough to leave a very good contract so that the club could utilise the salary cap elsewhere, don`t twist it to try and make the player look greedy when its the club that are worming there way out of promises made.
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:01 pm  
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

barton baird wrote:
Yep.

Hes bang average
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:06 pm  

Big Jim Slade Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

homme vaste wrote:
Watkins would rather try his luck elsewhere? No, Leeds were contracted to pay him a certain amount which they no longer wanted to pay him, he was good enough to leave a very good contract so that the club could utilise the salary cap elsewhere, don`t twist it to try and make the player look greedy when its the club that are worming there way out of promises made.

Where have I implied he is being greedy? The club wanted to try to renegotiate his contract - this happens all the time. Usually it's contracts being extended, this time it wasn't.

Just because Leeds didn't want to pay him what had been agreed doesn't mean they wouldn't have fulfilled their contractual obligations. They didn't try to worm their way out of promises because they're not 9 years old. They tried to renegotiate as that's what happens in business. Watkins could have demanded the terms were stuck to, accepted the new terms on offer or asked to leave. Her choose the latter which is absolutely his right. Leeds could have demanded a fee (Which they would have certainly got) but they agreed not to. I don't think there's a villain here.
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:19 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Big Jim Slade wrote:
Utter balls. The clubs' circumstances changed and he appeared to have lost some of his magic so they entered into a renegotiation of his deal - these happen all the time, usually in favour of the players (longer contract, better terms etc.) but not always. On this occasion Watkins clearly declared that he'd rather try his luck elsewhere so the club have allowed him to leave, mid-contract, for free, to the NRL where he'll almost certainly be on more money. Watkins has, IMO, been treated very well by Leeds in this.

indeed, I am far from a Leeds fan (more to do with the Hetherington connection with Hull),but both parties agreed and Watkins gets a gig in Aus, I wish someone would "cast me aside" like that!
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:29 pm  

User avatarTigerade wrote:
Tigerade User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

What a farce. Bet Watkins cannot wait to get out of the place.
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:47 pm  

ThePrinter wrote:
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
homme vaste wrote:
Such a shame for Kallum, a player that has given his career to the Leeds Club only to be thrown to the side without a thought by the club.

Yeah been another poorly handled situation by Sinfield. Leeds fans argue that because of his struggles since he’s returned from injury that not wanting to make him marquee next season. (which was the promise) is fine.

However we filled up our two marquee spots back in October/November with Hurrell & Merrin whilst Watkins was still rehabbing from his injury and we didn’t know how he’d perform on his return....so what would they have done had Watkins returned strongly and in good form from his injury? They wouldn’t want to get rid surely in that situation but they had no more marquee spots to give to him anyway.

When you think about Watkins must’ve known since as far back as November when the 2 marquee spots were tied up to 3 & 4 year deals respectively that Leeds weren’t going to be able to fulfill their promise, may explain part of his struggles if he’s know that for this long.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:36 pm  

User avatarBudgiezilla wrote:
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Ryan Brierley...Toronto to Leigh Centurions (season long loan)
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:37 pm  

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Budgiezilla wrote:
Ryan Brierley...Toronto to Leigh Centurions (season long loan)

:DANCE: :ROCKS: :DANCE:
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:05 pm  
little wayne69 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Ruune Rebellion wrote:
We are hoping to send him out to our under 16's reserve team.... Leigh

That's just silly talk there ruuBron108 daft lad, he wouldn't even get a game :lol:
Re: 2019 Player Ins & Outs Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:02 pm  

User avatarbarton baird wrote:
barton baird User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Ruune Rebellion wrote:
Hes bang average
I am sure the amount of times you have seen him play gives you the right to your opinion.
BLACK AND WHITES

East is East,West is West,
and never the twain shall meet.

--------------------------------
"I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow."
PreviousNext