Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace 2019 Superleague Reserve Teams

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: 2019 Superleague Reserve Teams
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:32 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Wakefield Trinity Wilcats & Hull FC are not happy.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... se-2259347

Hull FC and Wakefield Trinity have both come out swinging and insist they will run reserve teams next year despite a lack of interest from other Super League clubs.

But the rest of Super League has not bought in, much to the disappointment of FC Chief Executive James Clark, who has heavily criticised Hull’s rivals, especially those carrying marquee players in their squad next year.

“Each club has their own business principles, but marquee players should only be allowed if clubs can field an Academy, reserves and are profitable,” Some clubs are spending upwards of £150,000 on individual players, while facing financial uncertainty and even unable to form an Academy. Clark told League Express.

Wakefield owner Michael Carter has also spoken of his frustration with the rest of the top tier and he revealed how much running a reserves will cost Trinity next year.

don’t think it’s right that a club can employ one, or even two, marquee players but not have £30,000 spare – because that’s how much it’s cost us.”

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... es-2259913

The Rugby Football League have explained their disappointment at the lack of uptake in regards to the reserve grade for next season, but stopped short of stating a second team will be compulsory in 2020.

Last edited by My Mate Ronnie on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 2019 Superleague Reserve Teams
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:34 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

My Mate Ronnie wrote:Wakefield Trinity & Hull FC are not happy.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... se-2259347

Hull FC and Wakefield Trinity have both come out swinging and insist they will run reserve teams next year despite a lack of interest from other Super League clubs.

But the rest of Super League has not bought in, much to the disappointment of FC Chief Executive James Clark, who has heavily criticised Hull’s rivals, especially those carrying marquee players in their squad next year.
“Each club has their own business principles, but marquee players should only be allowed if clubs can field an Academy, reserves and are profitable,” Clark told League Express.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... es-2259913

The Rugby Football League have explained their disappointment at the lack of uptake in regards to the reserve grade for next season, but stopped short of stating a second team will be compulsory in 2020.

Edited for accuracy, no longer are we called Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.

As I've just said on the Wakefield board, a reserve team should be mandatory for any club in SL.

“Yeah, I’ve been about a bit”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:45 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

TheDreadnought wrote:Edited for accuracy, no longer are we called Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.

As I've just said on the Wakefield board, a reserve team should be mandatory for any club in SL.

A Stadium fit for purpose should be mandatory for any club in Superleague.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:54 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

My Mate Ronnie wrote:A Stadium fit for purpose should be mandatory for any club in Superleague.

I do not disagree with you but I don't think anyone can deny the fact we're attempting to have that sorted, Rome wasn't built in a day lil boy.

“Yeah, I’ve been about a bit”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:10 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Wigan aren't happy either, publicly stated that the number of teams in the reserve league isn't enough to give players game time to develop them. The fact that there are more Championship clubs with reserve teams than Super League ones is a farce.

Wigan RLFC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:39 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Is there not scope to put SL reserves (the ones that can be bothered) into League 1 in 2020? They would be of a similar level and bring as many fans as many of the League 1 clubs, probably more than some. Obviously leave them out of the play offs.

Frank Zappa wrote:Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:44 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I'm surprised Cas aren't putting one out.

Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:15 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

My Mate Ronnie wrote:The Rugby Football League have explained their disappointment at the lack of uptake in regards to the reserve grade for next season,

Well until they actually ya know, govern the sport and make it mandatory, then they will continue to be disppointed. In fact in 12 months time it wouldn't surprise me if the reserves are scrapped all together. Why should Bradford, Halifax and Wakey fund reserves, for not many fixtures while other SL clubs don't but then splash out on marquee signings as MC says.

The fact academies aren't even mandatory is an untenable position for the RFL. What would they do if all clubs decided to scrap academies like Salford have done. No production line = no game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:19 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
TheDreadnought wrote:

No it shouldn’t

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

ThePrinter wrote:No it shouldn’t

Why?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com