FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Castleford Tigers v St. Helens - 19:45:00
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach808
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20 200915 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Apr 24 19:4825th Aug 22 13:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

infamous grouse wrote:
I do, we won more matches than anyone else, we finished top of the league and were a pleasure to watch.
We didn't win the Mickey Mouse knockout competition at the end of the year, we left that for our poor neighbours down the road but it hasn't worked out too well for them.

Just like we did in 2017, but it wasn't a Mickey Mouse knockout competition then was it? Amazing how people can twist things to fit when they want to. The LLS should be the top prize, it shows the best, most consistent team over 30 rounds. But, it isn't the top prize - winning the Grand Final is, showing that you can do it when it matters. So, just like we did in 2017, Saints choked when it mattered.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8990
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 200915 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Apr 24 04:0226th Sep 23 15:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.

caslad75 wrote:
Just like we did in 2017, but it wasn't a Mickey Mouse knockout competition then was it? Amazing how people can twist things to fit when they want to. The LLS should be the top prize, it shows the best, most consistent team over 30 rounds. But, it isn't the top prize - winning the Grand Final is, showing that you can do it when it matters. So, just like we did in 2017, Saints choked when it mattered.

Sometimes you win a gf playoff series other times you don't. That's the beauty of sport, you can't win the top prize every year.

But each game should be an event in itself, this is were football is streets ahead of most sports. They sell every game rather than elevate one individual game. When you value one game about all others you by defacto devalue all other games. Who wants to attend/sponsor a nothing game?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2604
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 29 200915 years94th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:3219th Apr 24 07:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I didn't see the game as I ended going for a pint so I'm going to watch the recording. I was following the score though and have to say it must have been an impressive display from saints. At this stage, it looks clear that saints are the side to beat and must be strong favourites to pick up some silverware.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2359No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 200915 years29th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 18:5519th Apr 24 16:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'

Gazwire wrote:
I didn't see the game as I ended going for a pint so I'm going to watch the recording. I was following the score though and have to say it must have been an impressive display from saints. At this stage, it looks clear that saints are the side to beat and must be strong favourites to pick up some silverware.

They were favourites to win everything last year. As a wire fan I'm happy to go under the radar whilst saints batter everyone in front of them. I'm hoping we've learned to peak the way Wigan did under wane.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

caslad75 wrote:
I’ve not watched it back, but stood in WRE he looked 5 yards offside! Wasn’t exactly a game changer though was it. The obstruction was - it was, effectively, a 12 point shift. 24-0 and that game was over. Shenny’s offside was just a consolation. I don’t think he could believe it himself that it didn’t get called back. No point even thinking about mentioning officials for last night, Saints were that good that no decisions would have changed the result. Child’s didnt do much wrong anyway that I saw. We had an off night, Saints were fantastic, simple.

If he looked 5 yard forward then he was 5 yard forward game changer or not, when Mamo's try was chalked off that didn't look like a game changer either, funny how things seem different when it's your club.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1172No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 19 20168 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 20:3810th Apr 24 19:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

They're wittering this rubbish on the Wire board, it was 17 minutes in, Wire finished the half 22 points up
twenty*******two, and looking like they would score 50, its complete b0ll0x.
A 12 point shift ?.....wait what, just defend and don't allow an excellently worked non erroneous try to be scored, jebus, its not like they just gave Wakey Wires points...lol...it only had to be a 6 point swing and thats only if you even agree it wasn't obstruction.
Wire came back for the 2nd half giving it a good 10 minutes and then thinking they'd got it sewn up, clocked off.
THAT at first gave Wakey an opportunity to score a few points/make a bit of headway, but once they started getting a roll on Wire found it extremely difficult to clock back on.
If they'd have stayed on their game for the 80, Wakey would probably still put a few points up but it wouldn't have been nearly as close.
The question for Wire is, can they do their reefing and wrassling for 80, or does all that rolling about in the ruck take its toll later in the game.
The question for Wakey is, how do you stop the Wires excellent march down field or at least still be in the game by half time.
We weren't in the game at HT.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20 20185 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Sep 19 12:1512th Sep 19 20:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL

Gazwire wrote:

Until the business end of the season when we choke like we always do
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20 20185 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Sep 19 12:1512th Sep 19 20:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL

Upanunder wrote:
They're wittering this rubbish on the Wire board, it was 17 minutes in, Wire finished the half 22 points up
twenty*******two, and looking like they would score 50, its complete b0ll0x.
A 12 point shift ?.....wait what, just defend and don't allow an excellently worked non erroneous try to be scored, jebus, its not like they just gave Wakey Wires points...lol...it only had to be a 6 point swing and thats only if you even agree it wasn't obstruction.
Wire came back for the 2nd half giving it a good 10 minutes and then thinking they'd got it sewn up, clocked off.
THAT at first gave Wakey an opportunity to score a few points/make a bit of headway, but once they started getting a roll on Wire found it extremely difficult to clock back on.
If they'd have stayed on their game for the 80, Wakey would probably still put a few points up but it wouldn't have been nearly as close.
The question for Wire is, can they do their reefing and wrassling for 80, or does all that rolling about in the ruck take its toll later in the game.
The question for Wakey is, how do you stop the Wires excellent march down field or at least still be in the game by half time.
We weren't in the game at HT.

Dude. Paragraphs and spell check. I couldn’t read it because it was hurting my eyes too much
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Ruune Rebellion wrote:
Dude. Paragraphs and spell check. I couldn’t read it because it was hurting my eyes too much

Whatever, but it had little effect on your gob though.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 30 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Jun 23 11:5121st Nov 20 14:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

caslad75 wrote:

Obviously winning the GF would have been the icing on the cake... but the cake was still good and very enjoyable :-)
Yes it happened to Cas the year before and losing to Leeds must have been disappointing but it was still a good season for you and brought you your first trophy for years.
Both the last two GF winners are now in the mire. In each case the win meant they were in good form at the time but just papered over the cracks.
Previous