WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - "I love the four Pommies I've got."

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace "I love the four Pommies I've got."

Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 pm
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 pm
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 656
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Posts: 1087
George Williams isn’t even in the top half of super league half backs so I have absolutely no idea what Stuart sees in him
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL
Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:03 pm
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:03 pm
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 962
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6809
Location: Carcassonne, France
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
George Williams isn’t even in the top half of super league half backs so I have absolutely no idea what Stuart sees in him


It is Richard "Sticky" Stuart's love of all British players, and the success he has had with the four he has recruited so far, which makes him inclined to recruit George Williams. If "Sticky" does manage to get George Williams he could be very disappointed, especially given the recent good performances of current Canberra players Samuel Williams (formerly Catalans) and Jack Wighton in the halves.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:35 pm
Posted by the artist on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:35 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 257
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 84

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:40 pm
Posts: 6677
Location: At the cider bus, Worthy Farm, Somerset
Wighton's been great this year - must be a consideration for origin if he keeps it up
The referee's indecision is final
Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:32 pm
Posted by post on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:32 pm
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 373
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4848
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
George Williams isn’t even in the top half of super league half backs so I have absolutely no idea what Stuart sees in him


:CRAZY: please
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - 1 - Jack Walker 2 - Nick Cotric 3 - TBC 4 - Oliver Gildart 5 - Joe Burgess 6 - George Williams 7 - Adam Reynolds 8 - Jordan McLean 9 - Jayden Brailey 10 - Jarrod Wallace 11 - Jack Williams 12 - Mike McMeekin 13 - Cameron Murray 14 - Christian Welch 15 - Danny Walker
Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:20 pm
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:20 pm
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 962
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6809
Location: Carcassonne, France
I really fear that Richard "Sticky" Stuart will buy George Williams and turn out very disappointed. His current first choice squad of 17 is good enough for one of the top four places in the NRL, and his current first choice of halves are doing their job well. He even has the luxury of Turkish international half Aidan Sezer being held in reserve. So Canberra really has no need to buy George Williams.

BTW, apart from Ryan Hall at the Sydney Roosters (who is recovering from a serious ACL injury and has yet to play) and Gareth Widdop at St George-Illawarra (who is out injured for most of the remainder of the season) all the Poms in the NRL are forwards. I just don't think that British halves (apart from the Melbourne Storm-trained Widdop) are good enough for the NRL.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:17 am
Posted by Freddie Miller. on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:17 am
Freddie Miller. Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 249
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 898
Location: Australia
the artist wrote:
Wighton's been great this year - must be a consideration for origin if he keeps it up


Wighton is not in the NSW Emerging Blues squad which is the main pathway for SOO selection other than those who were in last years squad or have previously played for the Blues. Luke Brooks and Michael Moses are there. Forget this year.
Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:37 am
Posted by Freddie Miller. on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:37 am
Freddie Miller. Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 249
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 898
Location: Australia
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
George Williams isn’t even in the top half of super league half backs so I have absolutely no idea what Stuart sees in him


Here in Aus pundits and ex player half-backs(eg. Johns brothers) have a huge liking for his talent. So Stuart is not alone in his assessment.
Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:53 am
Posted by Cokey on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:53 am
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1248
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 8815
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Freddie Miller. wrote:
Here in Aus pundits and ex player half-backs(eg. Johns brothers) have a huge liking for his talent. So Stuart is not alone in his assessment.


You do know that R R is a massive troll on here Freddie?
Image
Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:44 pm
Posted by little wayne69 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:44 pm
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 793
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 3354
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
I really fear that Richard "Sticky" Stuart will buy George Williams and turn out very disappointed. His current first choice squad of 17 is good enough for one of the top four places in the NRL, and his current first choice of halves are doing their job well. He even has the luxury of Turkish international half Aidan Sezer being held in reserve. So Canberra really has no need to buy George Williams.

BTW, apart from Ryan Hall at the Sydney Roosters (who is recovering from a serious ACL injury and has yet to play) and Gareth Widdop at St George-Illawarra (who is out injured for most of the remainder of the season) all the Poms in the NRL are forwards. I just don't think that British halves (apart from the Melbourne Storm-trained Widdop) are good enough for the NRL.

You do know Jean that a pom is a kinda term of endearment from Aussies towards the British, so I find it surprising a Frenchman from the back waters of France using that very word, just out of interest jeannie how does pom translate from Aus to French?
Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:05 pm
Posted by little wayne69 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:05 pm
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 793
Rep Position: th / 78,109

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 3354
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
It is Richard "Sticky" Stuart's love of all British players, and the success he has had with the four he has recruited so far, which makes him inclined to recruit George Williams. If "Sticky" does manage to get George Williams he could be very disappointed, especially given the recent good performances of current Canberra players Samuel Williams (formerly Catalans and Wakefield Trinity) and Jack Wighton in the halves.

I've edited your post above jean, I'm sure it was an oversight on your part with you being so up on all things RL especially SL, Samuel Williams who you rightly say plays for Camberra raiders for Richard Stickiness Stuart and did play for Catalans, what you failed to disclose which I'm sure will have been an oversight on your part is that Samuel Williams also played twice(2times) as many games for Wakefield Trinity as he did for Catalan Dragoons, a man of your standards should not be letting things as important as this slip, shabbyness is no excuse Jean.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Silent H and 71 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,046,33347078,1094,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 07:05
NRL
MANLY
v
NEWCASTLE
TODAY 09:30
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
SOUTHS
Thu 9th Jul 10:50
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Fri 10th Jul 09:00
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
NZ WARRIORS
Fri 10th Jul 10:55
NRL
SOUTHS
v
WESTS TIGERS
Sat 11th Jul 06:00
NRL
CRONULLA
v
PENRITH
Sat 11th Jul 08:30
NRL
BRISBANE
v
CANTERBURY
Sat 11th Jul 10:35
NRL
CANBERRA
v
MELBOURNE STORM
Sun 12th Jul 07:05
NRL
NEWCASTLE
v
PARRAMATTA EELS
Sun 12th Jul 09:30
NRL
ST.GEORGE
v
MANLY
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)