Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace "I love the four Pommies I've got."



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1487
little wayne69 wrote:You do know Jean that a pom is a kinda term of endearment from Aussies towards the British, so I find it surprising a Frenchman from the back waters of France using that very word, just out of interest jeannie how does pom translate from Aus to French?


Depends on the Aussie, it is for most but not for some, just watch the Aussie film Wolf creek for an extreme example! :SHIFTY: :SHIFTY: :SHIFTY:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:44 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6738
Location: Carcassonne, France
little wayne69 wrote:You do know Jean that a pom is a kinda term of endearment from Aussies towards the British, so I find it surprising a Frenchman from the back waters of France using that very word, just out of interest jeannie how does pom translate from Aus to French?


The term "Pom" or "Pommie" or "Pommy" is frequently used by Australians and it was Richard "Sticky" Stuart's use of the term that was contained in the headline from Stuart's press conference recently. I have copied Stuart's terminology.

Carcassone is not a backwater of France. It is a town with a rich cultural history that is revered in France. It is also on the train lines connecting Toulouse to Perpignan.






Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:22 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:04 pm
Posts: 8487
95% of this thread is Jean talking to no one but himself. I thought it may be interesting - obviously not.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:37 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 8926
Fully wrote:95% of this thread is Jean talking to no one but himself. I thought it may be interesting - obviously not.


Make that 95% of the VT.






Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "I love the four Pommies I've got."
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:44 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 1250
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:The term "Pom" or "Pommie" or "Pommy" is frequently used by Australians and it was Richard "Sticky" Stuart's use of the term that was contained in the headline from Stuart's press conference recently. I have copied Stuart's terminology.

Carcassone is not a backwater of France. It is a town with a rich cultural history that is revered in France. It is also on the train lines connecting Toulouse to Perpignan.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how does Carcassonne compare to cultural Chorley, be honest here Jean.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4





It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW, Donnyman, kobashi, Or thane, Salford red all over, Yosser and 180 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:11 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,7351,46377,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2

.