Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Catalan Dragons v Castleford Tigers - 17:00:00

Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Catalan Dragons v Castleford Tigers - 17:00:00
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:11 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Towns88 wrote:Brendon, I don't think it is all about Cas, but to those that didn't see the game yesterday and purely see 1 clip of shenton passing the ball to the defender, may give the impression that that's how we usually play, we don't.

We all watch the game and know Cas don't usually play in that way. But it brings home how bad things have got when one of the better attacking sides pulls a stunt like that. Unsurprisingly, folk would prefer they didn't. Still, if it's prodded Ganson into some sort of activity it may be no bad thing.

"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:52 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Towns88 wrote:Either way, the RFL have acted, so we shall see what it brings

Which rather proves the point I was trying to make doesn't it - if that clip, and the reactions to it, have forced Mr Ganson to accept that there is a problem with the interpretation of this rule, such that even the morally spotless Castleford Tigers will exploit it, then it's served its purpose.

I don't think Shenton will suffer as a result - he's a fine player and an upstanding young man - and if it improves the game for everyone, I'm sure he won't mind taking one for the team. Maybe they'll change the laws and call it the "Shenton Rule," thus guaranteeing him RL immortality long after he's hung up his boots.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:18 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bren2k wrote:Which rather proves the point I was trying to make doesn't it - if that clip, and the reactions to it, have forced Mr Ganson to accept that there is a problem with the interpretation of this rule, such that even the morally spotless Castleford Tigers will exploit it, then it's served its purpose.

I don't think Shenton will suffer as a result - he's a fine player and an upstanding young man - and if it improves the game for everyone, I'm sure he won't mind taking one for the team. Maybe they'll change the laws and call it the "Shenton Rule," thus guaranteeing him RL immortality long after he's hung up his boots.
:lol: it has a lovely ring to that Sharon's rule

“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS

It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:46 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com