WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Catalan Dragons v Castleford Tigers - 17:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Catalan Dragons v Castleford Tigers - 17:00:00

User avatarClearwing wrote:
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Towns88 wrote:
Brendon, I don't think it is all about Cas, but to those that didn't see the game yesterday and purely see 1 clip of shenton passing the ball to the defender, may give the impression that that's how we usually play, we don't.

We all watch the game and know Cas don't usually play in that way. But it brings home how bad things have got when one of the better attacking sides pulls a stunt like that. Unsurprisingly, folk would prefer they didn't. Still, if it's prodded Ganson into some sort of activity it may be no bad thing.
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Towns88 wrote:
Either way, the RFL have acted, so we shall see what it brings

Which rather proves the point I was trying to make doesn't it - if that clip, and the reactions to it, have forced Mr Ganson to accept that there is a problem with the interpretation of this rule, such that even the morally spotless Castleford Tigers will exploit it, then it's served its purpose.

I don't think Shenton will suffer as a result - he's a fine player and an upstanding young man - and if it improves the game for everyone, I'm sure he won't mind taking one for the team. Maybe they'll change the laws and call it the "Shenton Rule," thus guaranteeing him RL immortality long after he's hung up his boots.

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bren2k wrote:
Which rather proves the point I was trying to make doesn't it - if that clip, and the reactions to it, have forced Mr Ganson to accept that there is a problem with the interpretation of this rule, such that even the morally spotless Castleford Tigers will exploit it, then it's served its purpose.

I don't think Shenton will suffer as a result - he's a fine player and an upstanding young man - and if it improves the game for everyone, I'm sure he won't mind taking one for the team. Maybe they'll change the laws and call it the "Shenton Rule," thus guaranteeing him RL immortality long after he's hung up his boots.
:lol: it has a lovely ring to that Sharon's rule
Previous