WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What is Magic About Next Weekend?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace What is Magic About Next Weekend?

Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Mon May 27, 2019 6:57 pm  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 889
GIANTSRL wrote:
we already have enough derbies they lose their magic no pun intended if we have them all the time, keep them to twice a season!

You can still have them twice a season if you move magic to Easter and just play the games Friday Monday but only one game for all teams just have to find a ground we’re it might be possible
Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Mon May 27, 2019 7:19 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4941
The thing is, I’ve never know many scousers want to watch rugby league. They’re only interested in football and fighting sports.

I’d say the Geordies are more open minded, in fact 3 were sat in front of me on Saturday in the Kop.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Nick Cotric, Kotoni Staggs, Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams,, Cameron Murray, Christian Welch, Danny Walker.
Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Mon May 27, 2019 8:28 pm  
infamous grouse Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:04 pm
Posts: 174
It may not have made much difference to the attendance but it doesn't help when there is a full programme of Championship games that weekend especially on Sunday.
I know it's meant to be a Super League event but that shouldn't preclude fans from other clubs.
Again it wouldn't help coming the weekend after the Summer Bash but it wouldn't be difficult in future to make them further apart.
Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Mon May 27, 2019 8:51 pm  

marc271841 wrote:
marc271841 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:35 pm
Posts: 107
As a Liverpool fan I knew that magic wouldn't work. Anfield is not suited for the full weekend and there is nothing to entertain fans outside the stadium.

I genuinely think it would have been much better to stay in Newcastle. As other posters have said. Find a venue. Tie it in for 5 years and push to make it better year upon year. It doesn't feel like that would be too difficult.
Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Tue May 28, 2019 9:46 pm  

puroresu_boy wrote:
puroresu_boy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 501
So what are super league going to do to see what happened here? Market research to see why people didn't go this year? Market research to see where people want to go?

Or do nothing and just go to the highest bidder?
Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Tue May 28, 2019 11:33 pm  

User avatarHim wrote:
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14964
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
infamous grouse wrote:
It may not have made much difference to the attendance but it doesn't help when there is a full programme of Championship games that weekend especially on Sunday.
I know it's meant to be a Super League event but that shouldn't preclude fans from other clubs.
Again it wouldn't help coming the weekend after the Summer Bash but it wouldn't be difficult in future to make them further apart.

Spot on. It’s daft. Any time a big RL event is held there shouldn’t be any lower league or even amateur games on the same day as it.
There’s only likely to be a max of 8 RL events in the year including internationals:
World Club Challenge
Magic Weekend
Cup Semi Finals
Cup Final
Grand Final
3x Internationals

It isn’t impossible to ensure that when those events occur they are the only RL activities taking place.
Then introduce a system whereby all clubs, including amateur clubs, can profit from selling tickets to those events and the RFL help organise/get discounts on travel and accommodation then I think we’d see a lot better uptake.
Time the whole sport started pulling in the direction and we mobilise the entire sport rather than just dumping all the responsibility on a few clubs who make these events, sometimes with only very little notice.
We also need certainty. None of this moving Magic Weekend or Internationals around constantly. Tell us it’s going to be at Anfield for 5 years, then after 3 reassess and announce another 5 year deal etc. Same for internationals.
Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Wed May 29, 2019 5:12 am  

User avatarwire-quin wrote:
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 6560
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
Him wrote:
Spot on. It’s daft. Any time a big RL event is held there shouldn’t be any lower league or even amateur games on the same day as it.
There’s only likely to be a max of 8 RL events in the year including internationals:
World Club Challenge
Magic Weekend
Cup Semi Finals
Cup Final
Grand Final
3x Internationals

It isn’t impossible to ensure that when those events occur they are the only RL activities taking place.
Then introduce a system whereby all clubs, including amateur clubs, can profit from selling tickets to those events and the RFL help organise/get discounts on travel and accommodation then I think we’d see a lot better uptake.
Time the whole sport started pulling in the direction and we mobilise the entire sport rather than just dumping all the responsibility on a few clubs who make these events, sometimes with only very little notice.
We also need certainty. None of this moving Magic Weekend or Internationals around constantly. Tell us it’s going to be at Anfield for 5 years, then after 3 reassess and announce another 5 year deal etc. Same for internationals.


Should all matches be cancelled the week before too for the Big Bash or will we be categorising 'events'?
Mac out!
Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Wed May 29, 2019 6:00 am  

User avatarHim wrote:
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14964
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
wire-quin wrote:
Should all matches be cancelled the week before too for the Big Bash or will we be categorising 'events'?

It depends how much effort RL wants to put into the Summer Bash. Personally I wouldn’t because there’s always going to be limited support for it and it would be somewhat of the tail wagging the dog.
Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Wed May 29, 2019 8:26 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 14691
Him wrote:
Spot on. It’s daft. Any time a big RL event is held there shouldn’t be any lower league or even amateur games on the same day as it.
There’s only likely to be a max of 8 RL events in the year including internationals:
World Club Challenge
Magic Weekend
Cup Semi Finals
Cup Final
Grand Final
3x Internationals

It isn’t impossible to ensure that when those events occur they are the only RL activities taking place.
Then introduce a system whereby all clubs, including amateur clubs, can profit from selling tickets to those events and the RFL help organise/get discounts on travel and accommodation then I think we’d see a lot better uptake.
Time the whole sport started pulling in the direction and we mobilise the entire sport rather than just dumping all the responsibility on a few clubs who make these events, sometimes with only very little notice.
We also need certainty. None of this moving Magic Weekend or Internationals around constantly. Tell us it’s going to be at Anfield for 5 years, then after 3 reassess and announce another 5 year deal etc. Same for internationals.


Great post : :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
#planningandstability

One of THE biggest problems with our sport is the lack of any proper long term strategy.
We are forever chopping and changing and looking for the "golden bullet"
Re: What is Magic About Next Weekend? Wed May 29, 2019 1:32 pm  

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 9919
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
wire-quin wrote:
Should all matches be cancelled the week before too for the Big Bash or will we be categorising 'events'?




Him wrote:
It depends how much effort RL wants to put into the Summer Bash. Personally I wouldn’t because there’s always going to be limited support for it and it would be somewhat of the tail wagging the dog.



The viewing figures for the Leigh v Widnes Summer Bash game aren't bad though are they? Here
Image
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellyboy, childofthenorthern, CM Punk, Dunkirk Spirit, Google [Bot], Jason65, LyndsayGill, R.B.A, reffy, roo67 and 93 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,086,9371,19778,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X