Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Summer bash referees

Post subject: Summer bash referees
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:03 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Where has the rfl been hiding this lot? i thought they were all way better than the super league refs, no pedantic calls no handing decisions over and controlled the players well in hot situations , the lad on the Barrow game Mannifield was the pick of them and was excellent i thought and the sky team said that too and the aussie fella was also good why not give these guys a go in super league they can't be any worse.

Post subject: Re: Summer bash referees
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:49 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

You’ll see most of them next season. They are being groomed for SuperLeague as we move to the two ref system they use in the NRL.

Am I Rugby Leagues Adrian Durham?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:48 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

THECherry&Whites wrote:You’ll see most of them next season. They are being groomed for SuperLeague as we move to the two ref system they use in the NRL.

Do you think that one year of grooming will be enough for them to reach the incredible high standard of the current batch of SL refs.

Born Black and White
Die Black and White

Hull will give us a tough game but the key is to silence their fans in the Threepenny Stand.We have to do this because if we do'nt they will get behind their side and lift them in a way you've never seen,heard or witnessed before.
Frank Stanton. Coach to the 1982 "Untouchables" Aussie team. 1982 "

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:10 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Plateface wrote:Do you think that one year of grooming will be enough for them to reach the incredible high standard of the current batch of SL refs.

LOL LOL I would put laughing smiles but for some reason on iPad it will not let me

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:06 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Plateface wrote:Do you think that one year of grooming will be enough for them to reach the incredible high standard of the current batch of SL refs.

:D

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:44 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I thought they weren’t a bad group they got the odd call wrong but that can be excused as there was no fall back to video ref. Even the commentators where not overly critical, I t would be nice to see a few newer faces in the TV games, I also think we could do worse than to have the odd Aussie ref over here & send some of ours over there
, the chance to travel overseas would be a good draw to get young people involved.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

10 minutes would be more than adequate

Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:45 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Whilst most of the refs did ok in the bash they weren’t under anything like the same scrutiny or repeated replays that SL refs receive, nor are the games as difficult to referee as there is less interference in general at the play the ball.

There’s a lot of leniency shown on here for refs at the Bash that isn’t afforded to SL refs. For instance in one game they gave a tap on the 20 even though the ball never went over the deadball line. If that was SL the ref/TJ’s would have been heavily criticised.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:33 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Him wrote:Whilst most of the refs did ok in the bash they weren’t under anything like the same scrutiny or repeated replays that SL refs receive, nor are the games as difficult to referee as there is less interference in general at the play the ball.

There’s a lot of leniency shown on here for refs at the Bash that isn’t afforded to SL refs. For instance in one game they gave a tap on the 20 even though the ball never went over the deadball line. If that was SL the ref/TJ’s would have been heavily criticised.

That was a shocker, the ref should’ve been able to tell just by the way Ash Golding was returning the ball that he was desperate to get away from his own tryline rather than dashing to restart at the 20

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:46 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Him wrote:Whilst most of the refs did ok in the bash they weren’t under anything like the same scrutiny or repeated replays that SL refs receive, nor are the games as difficult to referee as there is less interference in general at the play the ball.

Should we not be applauding that?

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:17 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com