WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fight for the Grand Final & A Relegation Battle

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Fight for the Grand Final & A Relegation Battle

User avatarCall Me God wrote:
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

homme vaste wrote:
I would of preferred a one up one down as I think that is fair given that really there is no reward for finishing top of the pile, never the less it makes it a little more interesting.

Same could be said of Super League too.......best side over 29 rounds are the winners....but instead they have to win a few more thereafter........35 or 36 competitive games for Hull, Warrington or St Helens this year should they make both Finals....Roosters played 28 games winning last years NRL including 4 Play-Off Games.......we really are flogging our players to death on the whim of our broadcast partners....but that's a whole other thread!

TheDreadnought wrote:
The championship would have been a whole more interesting this year if Toronto didn't bottle it last year.

Toronto didn't "bottle it"...they were out thought and out played by a well drilled London Side. It wasn't a classic game, but with so much on the line, the side that won dictated the pace and style of the game and Toronto had no plan "B".......why is it that people still refer to that game as a loss for Toronto rather than the reality....London Won it!
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Call Me God wrote:
Same could be said of Super League too.......best side over 29 rounds are the winners....but instead they have to win a few more thereafter........35 or 36 competitive games for Hull, Warrington or St Helens this year should they make both Finals....Roosters played 28 games winning last years NRL including 4 Play-Off Games.......we really are flogging our players to death on the whim of our broadcast partners....but that's a whole other thread!

Toronto didn't "bottle it"...they were out thought and out played by a well drilled London Side. It wasn't a classic game, but with so much on the line, the side that won dictated the pace and style of the game and Toronto had no plan "B".......why is it that people still refer to that game as a loss for Toronto rather than the reality....London Won it!

On the basis that London were massive underdogs, saying that Toronto bottled it is fair comment.
Yes, London played well and fully deserved their narrow win, although they (London) were one of the 2 sides that had beaten them in the regular season.

User avatarCall Me God wrote:
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Well....those results (HKR and London Winning) weren't expected and set up another cracking weekend of fixtures.

London v HKR...winner steps a little closer to possible safety
Wigan v Huddersfield, Loser right back in the mix for the drop
Salford v Castleford......a loss for the home side and they could be dragged into the mix, a loss for the visitors and they lose their grip on a top 5 spot
St Helens v Leeds.......Leeds could find themselves bottom if Saints "open up"
Wire v Wakey........Wire need this to stay in touch with Saints, Wakey need it to keep their top 5 hopes alive
Catalan v Hull. Catalan may well drop further down the table, Hull can cement their top 5 spot

Exciting stuff..........and other than the Saints v Leeds Game, hard to pick a winner (even then Leeds are due to click at some stage)....
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
infamous grouse Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

After this weekends result Leeds are in real danger of being relegated.
Even though they started the season badly, it was fair to assume that they would eventually click and work their way up the table.
London are playing well as a team, they seem well organised and will pick up more points.
Hull KR will get a bounce with a new coach in charge and Tony Smith has a good record as a coach.
I could understand Leeds getting rid of Furner but since Agar was already there, he was also part of the problem.
It needed someone new from outside the existing set up.
They need a new coach or a new organiser on the field urgently

User avatarroofaldo2 wrote:
roofaldo2 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The thing is, there's no pressure on London with regards to relegation. No one expects them to do well and that lack of expectation allows them to play with freedom. Where as, clubs like Leeds and KR are worried due to the damage relegation would do to them and the more games they lose the more that pressure mounts on them

RuddyScoosers Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I just can't see it happening but it would be comedy gold if Leeds got relegated. I'm almost glad we gave London those two points last week as with Warrington losing yesterday, we could certainly afford it and still keep a 6 point gap.

Leeds will just about have enough in the tank to avoid the drop which is a far cry from the pre-season predictions I saw off many of their fans across social media assuring us they'd be back challenging for honours this year.
Ruune Rebellion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wakefield will go down
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality......

Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion

Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL

User avatarLes Norton wrote:
Les Norton User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

RuddyScoosers wrote:
I just can't see it happening but it would be comedy gold if Leeds got relegated. I'm almost glad we gave London those two points last week as with Warrington losing yesterday, we could certainly afford it and still keep a 6 point gap.

Leeds will just about have enough in the tank to avoid the drop which is a far cry from the pre-season predictions I saw off many of their fans across social media assuring us they'd be back challenging for honours this year.

No you didn’t

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
Wakefield will go down

You need to go down.................The toilet.

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

RuddyScoosers wrote:

I don’t know one Leeds fan who thought we would be challenging for honours this year, best we could have hoped for is mid table
PreviousNext