WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fight for the Grand Final & A Relegation Battle

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Fight for the Grand Final & A Relegation Battle

RuddyScoosers Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

MattyB wrote:
Comedy gold? It would be a disaster for the competition. Even as a Wigan fan I would hate to see Leeds relegated.

To hell with that. It would be a hoot. Just like in football I'd love nothing more than to see Liverpool FC get relegated.

In RL it's Saints I care about first and foremost everything else is a secondary by a distance.

Plus in any case Leeds would be back quickly or else rules would be changed at the 11th hour to stop them taking the drop if they do finish bottom.

ratticusfinch User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Yep whilst the game is on its arris let's get rid of our best supported team playing out of the best stadium in a big vibrant city who are able to attract blue chip companies constantly. Meanwhile our champions elect can dispel the myth that our game is cheap and struggling financially by playing out of the Totally Wicked Stadium sponsored by Cash Converters. Funny as it may be SL needs Leeds.
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

ratticusfinch wrote:
Yep whilst the game is on its arris let's get rid of our best supported team playing out of the best stadium in a big vibrant city who are able to attract blue chip companies constantly. Meanwhile our champions elect can dispel the myth that our game is cheap and struggling financially by playing out of the Totally Wicked Stadium sponsored by Cash Converters. Funny as it may be SL needs Leeds.
so what your saying its ok to say Wakey, London or KR to go down but not Leeds :lol:

User avatarHasbag wrote:
Hasbag User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I can understand the reasons for needing Leeds in the league but for me rules and rules. If they finish bottom they deserve to get relegated and it's completely undermining the whole sport if they finish bottom and rules are changed to keep them up. The same wouldn't be done if Salford finished bottom.
If the RFL are worried about Leeds been relegated then they need to come out with a statement now that the league will be expanded to 14 teams, while bottom place is still up for grabs between a number of teams.
I personally want to see the league expanded to 14 teams anyway (and loop fixtures binned off) but not in such a controversial way.

ThePrinter wrote:
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
MattyB wrote:
Comedy gold? It would be a disaster for the competition. Even as a Wigan fan I would hate to see Leeds relegated.

Yeah but you’ve got to remember that Saints fans have plenty of scars left by Leeds in the last 10 years dumping them out of competitions on numerous occasions that some bitterness remains especially from the constant Old Trafford beatings

2007 GF - 2008 GF - 2009 GF - 2010 CCSF - 2011 GF - 2013 Playoffs - 2015 CCSF - 2015 Playoff Semi

Not sure why anybody finds any team going down funny, I’ve never looked at any relegation battle in the past and been desperate to see one particular team go down.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Hasbag wrote:
I can understand the reasons for needing Leeds in the league but for me rules and rules. If they finish bottom they deserve to get relegated and it's completely undermining the whole sport if they finish bottom and rules are changed to keep them up. The same wouldn't be done if Salford finished bottom.
If the RFL are worried about Leeds been relegated then they need to come out with a statement now that the league will be expanded to 14 teams, while bottom place is still up for grabs between a number of teams.
I personally want to see the league expanded to 14 teams anyway (and loop fixtures binned off) but not in such a controversial way.

Agree with wot you say should have been 14 or 16 long ago

RuddyScoosers Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

ratticusfinch wrote:

What a very weird post. So I (and everyone else) is supposed to turn into a Leeds fan overnight in their battle to stay up? Are you going to hope they beat Wire next time you play them? Am I expected to want them to beat us on Friday to give them two much needed points?

I'm no Man Utd fan but they've been the best supported club in football for decades and football survived when United took the drop back in the 70s.

User avatarCM Punk wrote:
CM Punk User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

If Leeds go down, imagine how much the Championship clubs will earn in extra ticket revenue.
Wigan RLFC

User avatarCokey wrote:
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
CM Punk wrote:
If Leeds go down, imagine how much the Championship clubs will earn in extra ticket revenue.

:D :thumb:

User avatarTraffic wrote:
Traffic User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

ratticusfinch wrote:

So what do you suggest a sliding scale of who can or can't be relegated rather than settled on the pitch?
PreviousNext