Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:45 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:22 am
Posts: 833
Swinton rebranding to Manchester Lions may be on the cards. Good move I think. Get them into Gigg Lane






hello

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:09 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1478
The Daddy wrote:Swinton rebranding to Manchester Lions may be on the cards. Good move I think. Get them into Gigg Lane

I can only see positives in this, and augment there fan base and awareness.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:34 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:42 pm
Posts: 9984
Location: Hull
Moving then to Gigg Lane as a Manchester club will not endear them to the local community. A poor move if so.

They need to move into Manchester proper ideally to build up a centralised fanbase.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:46 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 19359
The Daddy wrote:Swinton rebranding to Manchester Lions may be on the cards. Good move I think. Get them into Gigg Lane
if Manchester can't embrace Salford in a nice new stadium and being in the top half of the league then I find it hard to see Swinton doing any better, good luck to them






“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:28 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:04 pm
Posts: 173
Changing their name to incorporate Manchester may help attract business sponsors other than that I don't see any benefit.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:40 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 12175
infamous grouse wrote:Changing their name to incorporate Manchester may help attract business sponsors other than that I don't see any benefit.


Agreed.
The Manchester moniker may help but, we're kidding ourselves if we think that a shinny club in Manchester is suddenly going to magic masses of new supporters, we're wrong.
I know that Salford isn't actually in Manchester but, their ground is only a spit away from Old Trafford and as another poster has mentioned, despite a new ground and riding high in the league, they aren't exactly turning fans away.
To really get a new "brand" out there, it will take a number of years of serious investment and there still wouldn't be any guarantee of success.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:56 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Posts: 3135
It's this or no club. That's the top and bottom of it.

There's no money in the game below SL level so clubs have to do what they have to do in order to survive.
If this helps the Lions get better sponsorship and improve their cash flow so they can improve as a club, then all the best to them

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:36 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:05 am
Posts: 1208
Location: Standish - Wigan
wrencat1873 wrote:Agreed.
The Manchester moniker may help but, we're kidding ourselves if we think that a shinny club in Manchester is suddenly going to magic masses of new supporters, we're wrong.
I know that Salford isn't actually in Manchester but, their ground is only a spit away from Old Trafford and as another poster has mentioned, despite a new ground and riding high in the league, they aren't exactly turning fans away.
To really get a new "brand" out there, it will take a number of years of serious investment and there still wouldn't be any guarantee of success.


Which also isn't in Manchester but they do get lots of people watching Man. Utd. Is it because they have Manchester in their name or do people think Old Trafford is actually in Manchester?

Sale R.U. haven't changed their name and haven't played in Sale for a long time. Their crowds are alot better than Salford's, why is this?






Keep goin wit yed down

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:46 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 396
Location: Walkden
proper-shaped-balls wrote:Which also isn't in Manchester but they do get lots of people watching Man. Utd. Is it because they have Manchester in their name or do people think Old Trafford is actually in Manchester?

Sale R.U. haven't changed their name and haven't played in Sale for a long time. Their crowds are alot better than Salford's, why is this?

Possibly because they draw from an enormous geographical and densely populated area ? I.e. the entire north west of England.
And they get between 6 and 8 thousand but often less.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:20 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:22 am
Posts: 833
It's official. Just waiting on sign off from the RFL






hello

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next





It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:05 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 80 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:05 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,968,77289777,8584,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 26th Oct 08:00
GB
TONGA
v
GB LIONS
Sat 2nd Nov 04:00
GB
NEW ZEALAND
v
GB LIONS
Sat 9th Nov 07:00
GB
NEW ZEALAND
v
GB LIONS
Sat 16th Nov 07:30
GB
PNG
v
GB LIONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2

.