Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:45 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Swinton rebranding to Manchester Lions may be on the cards. Good move I think. Get them into Gigg Lane

hello

Post subject: Re: Manchester Lions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:09 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The Daddy wrote:Swinton rebranding to Manchester Lions may be on the cards. Good move I think. Get them into Gigg Lane

I can only see positives in this, and augment there fan base and awareness.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:34 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Moving then to Gigg Lane as a Manchester club will not endear them to the local community. A poor move if so.

They need to move into Manchester proper ideally to build up a centralised fanbase.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:46 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The Daddy wrote:Swinton rebranding to Manchester Lions may be on the cards. Good move I think. Get them into Gigg Lane
if Manchester can't embrace Salford in a nice new stadium and being in the top half of the league then I find it hard to see Swinton doing any better, good luck to them

“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:28 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Changing their name to incorporate Manchester may help attract business sponsors other than that I don't see any benefit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:40 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

infamous grouse wrote:Changing their name to incorporate Manchester may help attract business sponsors other than that I don't see any benefit.

Agreed.
The Manchester moniker may help but, we're kidding ourselves if we think that a shinny club in Manchester is suddenly going to magic masses of new supporters, we're wrong.
I know that Salford isn't actually in Manchester but, their ground is only a spit away from Old Trafford and as another poster has mentioned, despite a new ground and riding high in the league, they aren't exactly turning fans away.
To really get a new "brand" out there, it will take a number of years of serious investment and there still wouldn't be any guarantee of success.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:56 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

It's this or no club. That's the top and bottom of it.

There's no money in the game below SL level so clubs have to do what they have to do in order to survive.
If this helps the Lions get better sponsorship and improve their cash flow so they can improve as a club, then all the best to them

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:36 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:Agreed.
The Manchester moniker may help but, we're kidding ourselves if we think that a shinny club in Manchester is suddenly going to magic masses of new supporters, we're wrong.
I know that Salford isn't actually in Manchester but, their ground is only a spit away from Old Trafford and as another poster has mentioned, despite a new ground and riding high in the league, they aren't exactly turning fans away.
To really get a new "brand" out there, it will take a number of years of serious investment and there still wouldn't be any guarantee of success.

Which also isn't in Manchester but they do get lots of people watching Man. Utd. Is it because they have Manchester in their name or do people think Old Trafford is actually in Manchester?

Sale R.U. haven't changed their name and haven't played in Sale for a long time. Their crowds are alot better than Salford's, why is this?

Keep goin wit yed down

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:46 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

proper-shaped-balls wrote:Which also isn't in Manchester but they do get lots of people watching Man. Utd. Is it because they have Manchester in their name or do people think Old Trafford is actually in Manchester?

Sale R.U. haven't changed their name and haven't played in Sale for a long time. Their crowds are alot better than Salford's, why is this?

Possibly because they draw from an enormous geographical and densely populated area ? I.e. the entire north west of England.
And they get between 6 and 8 thousand but often less.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:20 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

It's official. Just waiting on sign off from the RFL

hello

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:05 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com